A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:33:22 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how do i get the sunday Tulsa World cheaper than ?  (Read 7177 times)
Im calling you out
« on: February 10, 2008, 10:30:34 pm »

The only reason that i get the "Tulsa World" is for the Sunday paper.  For its coupons.  What do they do with it on Monday?  How many do they throw away and where?  How can i get it cheaper than $1.50 I want the coupons....
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 05:06:49 am »

They have the Sunday paper at Quiktrip all week. There area also some Sunday paper boxes, like the one outside their offices downtown.

mdunn
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 07:36:32 am »

why not just get it on say....Sunday?or do you not want to pay for it,I dont get your question.
Im calling you out
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 08:50:51 am »

I collect coupons.  Lots of coupons!!!!!!  Call me a coupon fanatic!!!!  I am buying five sunday papers per week now.  I want to know what do they do with them or if there is a way to get them at a discounted rate?  I buy them for the coupons not for the news.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 10:27:58 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Im calling you out

I collect coupons.  Lots of coupons!!!!!!  Call me a coupon fanatic!!!!  I am buying five sunday papers per week now.  I want to know what do they do with them or if there is a way to get them at a discounted rate?  I buy them for the coupons not for the news.

You can buy a Sunday-Only subscription to the world now. If you are a new subscriber, you can get a discount rate from a carrier of like $5 a month. That saves you about a $ a month. The World watches Sunday papers a bit closely because small stores used to get the extras from carriers and submit the coupons.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 10:32:59 am »

Yeah, they watch the old Sunday papers very close. They no longer chuck them in the trash. They offten put them inside closed trash bin  copmactors to prevent trash diggers from getting them. In bygone years they just put the old papers in the trash can- No more.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
mdunn
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 04:08:01 pm »

Having worked for major newspapers for 24 years,most of the time the coupons after inserted into paper are thrown away in a recycling bin.Also the copys you buy in the store do not always necessarily have the same amount as whats put into home delivery.
The vendor will return unpurchased papers for credit.So unless you befriend one,your going to have to stick with buying them.
Steve
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 09:35:06 pm »

I considered dropping my Tulsa World subscription this past fall.  My current daily (7 days a week) home delivery runs about $200 per year.  I guess I am just old school but the thought of not having my daily home newspaper was just too much for me.  The daily ritual of retrieving my paper from the driveway is so ingrained in me and such a part of my daily routine.

I am a coupon freak too; I figure I save enough annually from the Sunday coupons to at least pay for my annual newspaper subscription cost.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 06:18:30 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

I considered dropping my Tulsa World subscription this past fall.  My current daily (7 days a week) home delivery runs about $200 per year.  I guess I am just old school but the thought of not having my daily home newspaper was just too much for me.  The daily ritual of retrieving my paper from the driveway is so ingrained in me and such a part of my daily routine.

I am a coupon freak too; I figure I save enough annually from the Sunday coupons to at least pay for my annual newspaper subscription cost.

You can get the daily for a year for $102 on special.
Wingnut
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 06:29:28 am »

On Mondays, QT used to have 2 Sunday papers for $1.50. I don't know if they still do or not.

I worked with a guy that had his own route (in Arizona) and he would keep all the extras and get the coupons out of them. He would go in and buy cases of stuff and pay for them with coupons, in some cases, getting money back. He really liked the double coupon stores.
Nick Danger
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 07:11:06 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

At one time, we canceled our subscription when renewal came due, because we didn't want to pay $200 a year. About a month later, we were contacted and offered a subscription at half price.

Nick
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 07:54:27 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Danger

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

At one time, we canceled our subscription when renewal came due, because we didn't want to pay $200 a year. About a month later, we were contacted and offered a subscription at half price.

Nick

Yup, that is the special. You have to be a new subscriber or off for 30days to qualify.
inteller
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 11:36:44 am »

I plan on not renewwing because of their stupid commercials.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org