A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.
 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 31, 2023, 07:36:28 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayor vs Henderson, Round 1  (Read 5265 times)
Breadburner
City Father
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 4444


WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 05:50:07 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

What a tool.  I read that and was appalled by the very notion.  Not only that he demanded a better office, but that the his defense was that all he wanted was for his office to be the same as the mayors.

Anyone know how a Senator's office stacks up to the Oval Office?  Or how a state legislature looks compared to the Governors?  I'm pretty sure the executive head has the nicest executive office at all levels of government as well as in the business world.

What a fool.  Maybe such elected dolts are the reason some parts of our city remain sub-par.



He is his own worst enemy as well as the Northsides.....
Logged

 
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2460


« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 03:08:47 pm »

Sounds like the "deluxe" offices in the building will be rented out...making the move to the new building more fiscally sound. That should make everyone happy.

As for the need to have fancy city council offices...how often do councilors host visiting dignitaries?  How often do they meet with CEO's from major corporations who are considering relocating to Tulsa?  Why would they want to appear flashy and wasteful, when they spend so much time talking about fiscal responsibility?  How would it look to their constituents...most of whom consider themselves lucky if they have a white collar job with benefits and get to work in a 6x6 cubicle?

Could it be...ego?
Logged
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2718


WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 07:20:33 pm »

How many of you actually watched the meeting? Da Mare didn't have answers, so she decided to engage in personal attacks and the politics of distraction, instead of answering the questions. BTW, if the da Mare is so  busy with city business why does she have time to keep track of who the councilors have lunch with?
Logged

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2718


WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 07:27:13 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by PonderInc

Sounds like the "deluxe" offices in the building will be rented out...making the move to the new building more fiscally sound. That should make everyone happy.

As for the need to have fancy city council offices...how often do councilors host visiting dignitaries?  How often do they meet with CEO's from major corporations who are considering relocating to Tulsa?  Why would they want to appear flashy and wasteful, when they spend so much time talking about fiscal responsibility?  How would it look to their constituents...most of whom consider themselves lucky if they have a white collar job with benefits and get to work in a 6x6 cubicle?

Could it be...ego?





How ironic considering Krazy Kathy used the argument that the current city hall does not portray the right image to people doing business at city hall? If it really didn't matter what kind of office she has, then she should have been she should have been satisfied with the current facilities. She can't have it both ways.
Logged

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
Rico
Guest
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 09:03:39 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

I think Henderson's lost his mind.  Give the councilors a friggin' broom closet, it's a part time job, right?



There is quite a bit more to this story....

It is interesting that on some days the "Tulsa World" is gospel... and on others... toilet paper.

Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 29334



« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 10:18:44 pm »

Rico, you wouldn't be making reference to the newly unveiled rumor that the M & E facility at 23rd & Jackson/Elwood/whatever the damn survey says- (which should be $50mm worth of prime riverfront real estate served by the only functionting low water dam in Tulsa County) will no longer be merged into OTC, nor another building or two, would you?

How much extra did the city pay Staubach again for the sale of OTC going through vs. not going through?

I'm starting to wonder what the hell is going on at the M/E shop.  Have they dumped more oil on their property over the years than the concrete plant and the city can't feasibly sell it off to developers?  What really is going on at the west end of the 21st/23rd bridge?

Sounds like consolidating all departments at OneTech was more than a pipe dream.  More like a crack pipe dream.
Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hometown
Guest
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 12:34:37 pm »

It's pretty clear to me that Henderson was set up to look like a fool and Testy Kathy's cohorts played along.  The way this was executed, the office thing looks like a diversion to distract us from other issues.

Ms. Taylor, I live in Henderson's district and your attack on him was an attack on my district.  I'm a lifelong Democrat that always votes and I'm going to have a hard time casting another vote for you.

I want a Mayor not a pushy CEO looking for a yes man.

Logged
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1526



WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 12:42:33 pm »

If I could roll my eyes any harder, they might fall out of my head.
Logged

---Robert
Wilbur
Guest
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 04:18:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hometown

It's pretty clear to me that Henderson was set up to look like a fool and Testy Kathy's cohorts played along.  The way this was executed, the office thing looks like a diversion to distract us from other issues.

Ms. Taylor, I live in Henderson's district and your attack on him was an attack on my district.  I'm a lifelong Democrat that always votes and I'm going to have a hard time casting another vote for you.

I want a Mayor not a pushy CEO looking for a yes man.





Lets be clear.  Both are playing this game.  Henderson is having a difficult time getting his head to fit through any door simply because he is a councilor.  Well, he puts his pants on just like everyone else.

And to hear him complain that is office is only 12 by whatever with an old desk, two old chairs, ......., he still wouldn't want my office, which is smaller then his, houses 12 people with two desks and one computer.  You don't see me demanding to be on the 15th floor of the new city hall with oak trimmed elevator doors.  He needs to rein in the ego a little bit.
Logged
Hometown
Guest
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 05:01:53 pm »

He had a list of questions. What were his other questions?  I suspect it was his other questions that struck Ms. Taylor's nerve.

Logged
Rico
Guest
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2008, 08:16:45 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hometown

He had a list of questions. What were his other questions?  I suspect it was his other questions that struck Ms. Taylor's nerve.





^ Very true.. Questions that do not have answers.

I go to City Hall 2 to 3 times a week. Where is the parking going to be? What agencies that are housed on Denver are going to be moved?
Where are the Council meetings going to be?
INCOG? TMAPC?

Christianson was told "they would walk him through every step of the finances pertaining to the OTC deal. Subsequent management of the building etc." Of course that was before the vote.

It makes this Mayor look extremely small minded for there to the comments made by her at the meeting.

Why is there not a more cordial relationship between the council and the Mayor's office.?

There should be someone designated to acquire the info for the council. A liaison of sorts.

I thought possibly that was part of Baker's duty but I guess not.

There is quite a bit more to the story. If just this issue alone could be settled it would help.
Logged
TulsaSooner
Guest
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 09:23:27 pm »

What do you go to City Hall for 2-3 times a week? As for parking, there is a large lot on the SE corner from OTC, I assume they'll use that for public parking.

The Council Meetings will be at OTC; part of the "remodel" to be done includes a Council Chamber, I believe.  INCOG has its own office, I don't know that it's supposed to move to OTC so I'm not sure why they would be impacted.  

Logged
Rico
Guest
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 09:34:46 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaSooner

What do you go to City Hall for 2-3 times a week? As for parking, there is a large lot on the SE corner from OTC, I assume they'll use that for public parking.

The Council Meetings will be at OTC; part of the "remodel" to be done includes a Council Chamber, I believe.  INCOG has its own office, I don't know that it's supposed to move to OTC so I'm not sure why they would be impacted.  





No offense... but what I go anywhere for is kinda my business... ya know..

INCOG offices, I was fairly sure, were not being moved.. The meetings of the BOA and the TMAPC are both held in the Francis Chandler building.
Because of it's proximity to City Hall that may have to change. Or will it?

The parking suggestion you offer does not allow the ease of access that we now have.

If that is the plan it is a piss poor one.
Logged
TulsaSooner
Guest
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2008, 09:58:50 pm »

All ya had to do was say it was top secret.  I wasn't prying, I just wasn't sure what went on at City Hall requiring 2-3 visits a week.  Contractors I could see, but they go to the Hartford Building.

Francis-Cambellis the Council chambers, if anyone has meetings in there I don't know why they couldn't have them in the new council chambers.  

Well, it probably isn't metered parking so maybe that will help alleviate some concerns...the current City Hall doesn't have free parking.
Logged
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 16038


Inconceivable!


WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2008, 12:05:01 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Rico



The parking suggestion you offer does not allow the ease of access that we now have.

If that is the plan it is a piss poor one.



OH MY GOD YOU HAVE TO CROSS A STREET!?!?!?!

CANCEL THE WHOLE PROJECT NOW!!!!

/sarcasm off

OTC has one parking garage in place, another city garage being built across from the PAC and te aforementioned lot SE of OTC. Not to mention, the only semi-convenient parking for the current city hall is visitors only with employees having to park at the convention center or worse.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

 
  Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
 

Mission

 

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

 

Contact

 

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org