A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 05:48:36 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PSA: "World War III" Canceled.  (Read 5100 times)
Chicken Little
« on: December 04, 2007, 12:40:56 pm »

New NIE says Iran quit seeking nukes two years ago.  Bush officials won't publicly challenge the finding.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/04/washington/04policy.html?hp

Whew.
FOTD
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 01:11:20 pm »

NOTHING surprises me coming out of these unilateralists mouths.

I swear they had sworn not to release the NIE. They lied to us about Iraq and now about Iran.
Shadowy.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~Bertrand Russell
FOTD
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 01:24:10 pm »

I do think Turkey is in the process of securing the northern front. They may turn out to be the heros while keeping their activities secret. All the torture talk about waterboarding might be just a smoke screen for far worse warfare.

Could it be the real battles lie ahead in Afgan and Pakistan?

Of all the next batch of presidential candidates who is capable of handling the evolution of war?

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~Bertrand Russell
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 02:42:52 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD

I do think Turkey is in the process of securing the northern front. They may turn out to be the heros while keeping their activities secret. All the torture talk about waterboarding might be just a smoke screen for far worse warfare.

Could it be the real battles lie ahead in Afgan and Pakistan?

Of all the next batch of presidential candidates who is capable of handling the evolution of war?

This is an area where being brown and a man would probably give a leg up.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 03:25:06 pm »

So wait...

When the CIA said Iran probably was working on nukes they were idiots who knew nothing... but now that they say Iran probably isn't working on nukes they are absolutely correct.

Doesn't that seem like a double standard.  You only trust them if they say what you want to hear.  I'm fairly confident that is what you have been accusing Bush of for 5 years now.
- - -

Good news.  I really hope this can thaw the relations between our nations.  I do think Iran is up to no good (reference dead US soldiers at the hands of Iranian bombs in Iraq) but having some idea of how splintered the government there is its hard to know at what level.  From all I have heard, most Iranian people are fairly moderate (for Mid Eastern Muslims).

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
FOTD
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 03:28:04 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

So wait...

When the CIA said Iran probably was working on nukes they were idiots who knew nothing... but now that they say Iran probably isn't working on nukes they are absolutely correct.

Doesn't that seem like a double standard.  You only trust them if they say what you want to hear.  I'm fairly confident that is what you have been accusing Bush of for 5 years now.
- - -

Good news.  I really hope this can thaw the relations between our nations.  I do think Iran is up to no good (reference dead US soldiers at the hands of Iranian bombs in Iraq) but having some idea of how splintered the government there is its hard to know at what level.  From all I have heard, most Iranian people are fairly moderate (for Mid Eastern Muslims).

I never believed them when they did say what I wanted to hear....and it's been 7 years. Not 5.
Chicken Little
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 06:08:22 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

So wait...

- - -

Actually, that Times article runs through a number of potential reasons for the administration's complete reversal on what Iran is up to.  They're the ones with the credibility problem, not me (if you were talking to me).  It seemed to me that we were marching off to another war, what, with declaring the Revolutionary Guard a terrorist organization, and Bush dropping the "WWIII"-bomb in a speech just last month.  It looked like the administration was trying to get all of the pieces lined up for a military action.

If there hadn't been some skeptics out there, we could at this very moment, be bombing the bejeezus out of a country for the wrong reasons...again.

I completely agree with you on all other points.  Iran is a complex problem that can't exactly be fixed with bunker busters.  It could definitely be made worse by them.
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 08:42:07 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Chicken Little

New NIE says Iran quit seeking nukes two years ago.  Bush officials won't publicly challenge the finding.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/04/washington/04policy.html?hp

Whew.

WWIII is NOT cancelled.  Possibly merely Postponed.

Why would we believe lying Persian Rug Bazaar merchants, anyway?

Their leadership craves Martyrdome.

GIVE Iran 100 megatons of it, with a few megatons left over for Mecca and Medina.

The Hejaz may then get shortened a bit due to the latent radioactivity thereabouts for say, the next 1,000 years.

Come visit the holy Kaaba:  Only Religious monument to positively GLOW in the dark!

[}:)]

Rico
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 09:11:04 pm »

I think we now can clearly understand how just a little bit of Cocaine can damage ones brain beyond recognition....and cognitive function.

Ted Nugent lives in Crawford Texas... His father was also in the CIA..

Maybe he can talk George down from this incredibly bad trip he has been on for almost 8 years.....

Chicken Little
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 10:21:35 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Friendly Bear

Hey, Mr. Unfunny Guy...it's the NIE...our National Intelligence Estimate.  It's the coordinated judgment of 16 US intelligence agencies.  So, stop with the crazy already.
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 08:31:32 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Chicken Little

quote:
Originally posted by Friendly Bear

Hey, Mr. Unfunny Guy...it's the NIE...our National Intelligence Estimate.  It's the coordinated judgment of 16 US intelligence agencies.  So, stop with the crazy already.

National Intelligence Estimate is an Oxymoron.

It's 16 intelligence agencies with 17 opinions.

Uh, by the way, wouldn't a REAL NIE be classified, like Top Secret??

Why do WE get to see it?

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 11:36:14 am »

I wasn't pointing any fingers CL, just a general sense from many people.  It annoys me that there is a group of "Bush haters" that think everything he does is wrong and will use any evidence to support their claim - even if it is from a source they previously held as non-trustworthy.  

Bush has screwed up enough that we don't need to go to such lengths.  Not EVERYTHING is his fault, just most of it.  [Wink]

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
FOTD
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 12:06:36 pm »

Seymour Hersh on CNN: Cheney and White House Suppressed Intelligence Findings for More Than a Year (of All the Major U.S. Intel Agencies) That Iran is Not Building a Nuclear Bomb. Meanwhile, Cheney, Bush, Rice and the Entire Administration Were Trying to Lie Us Into a Nuclear Bomb Attack. (A Sidenote: Why Doesn't the Mainstream Media Appear to be Pursuing This Story Behind the Story, Just Seymour Hersh? Good Question, Indeed.)

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2007/12/seymour_hersh_bush_admin_has_k.php

I find it unbelievable what idiots the American citizen has become! That will be Bushies legacy!

rwarn17588
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 12:20:27 pm »

<cannon fodder wrote:

Bush has screwed up enough that we don't need to go to such lengths. Not EVERYTHING is his fault, just most of it.

<end clip>

That, and Dick Cheney's. [}:)]

It's apparent that either Bush is lying about the NEI report, or ignored the report when it was given, or that Dick tried to keep the report from him. Either way, it doesn't reflect too well on Bush's leadership, especially with the latter when you have a subordinate trying to call the shots.

I think calling some of us "Bush haters" is a bit much. When he started in office, I had considerable hopes for the man, especially after 9/11.

But it's become the same sort of situation as with Jimmy Carter: When you're messing up that often and that colossally, your cynicism and dislike of that sort of president tend to rise in the same proportion.

A lot of us are looking forward to 2009, just so we can get someone else in charge who won't be as be as much of a screwup (fingers crossed).
FOTD
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 12:24:13 pm »

Jimmy Carter was a saint compared to these
FP's!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org