A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:46:26 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) The Metro/Tribune Lofts Expansion  (Read 69219 times)
DowntownNow
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2009, 11:12:23 am »

I may have made a mistake putting this post on this thread as it has nothing to do with the plans and actual development of Tribune II...perhaps should be in the Local Politics section so I am posting it there for comment.  Sorry about the confusion Admin.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2009, 09:27:07 am »

According to the TW, this project should break ground in the fall.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2010, 09:22:16 am »

Interesting article about this project in TW today.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=334&articleid=20100515_11_A15_Aritsr525643

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Rico
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2010, 10:34:08 am »

^^

Glory be for the TDA....

Loan money to the GOB's.... and when they use it for other things...
Loan it to them again.!

Downtown Development in Overdrive that's our TDA!
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2011, 02:20:01 pm »

From my window I can see that there is a backhoe digging up the west and southwest corner of the parking lot where this is supposed to be built.  Not sure if it is the beginning of the project or if it is unrelated.  There is only one backhoe, and it is on the opposite side of where the building is supposed to go up, so it may be some unrelated infrastructure work.  I would sure like to see something go up soon.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2011, 01:38:03 pm »

From my window I can see that there is a backhoe digging up the west and southwest corner of the parking lot where this is supposed to be built.  Not sure if it is the beginning of the project or if it is unrelated.  There is only one backhoe, and it is on the opposite side of where the building is supposed to go up, so it may be some unrelated infrastructure work.  I would sure like to see something go up soon.
I've walked by the last couple of days..
Cautious optimism:  This definitely appears the be the beginnings of Phase II.
West parking lot is gone and they continue to go deeper.
The parking lot (and covered spaces behind the Tribune) are now coming up.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2011, 02:10:14 pm »

I've walked by the last couple of days..
Cautious optimism:  This definitely appears the be the beginnings of Phase II.
West parking lot is gone and they continue to go deeper.
The parking lot (and covered spaces behind the Tribune) are now coming up.

That is really good news
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2011, 07:49:03 pm »

It is the Tribune II under construction. But now it's called The Metro at Brady Arts District. It's a stand alone five story $12 million, 75-unit building.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=298&articleid=20110114_298_0_Withea634612
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2011, 10:39:02 pm »

The Metro at Brady Arts District.
That's an ARG name if I've ever heard one. They name apartment buildings like our esteemed developers name their subdivisions.

Good news about the office/apartment combo units, though. And the amenities. And that apparently Tribune didn't go condo after all.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:45:02 pm by nathanm » Logged

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2011, 03:08:11 pm »

Taken this weekend (1-22-11)...site work is underway.  It will be great to see this building rise over Brady.  You can also see where the parking lot just to the north has been fenced off and a construction trailer has been set up for the hotel project.  No site work has started there yet though.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2011, 04:53:44 pm »

I am so excited about this project getting off the ground!
This and the hotel across the street will really make this corner feel more urban.

P.S. Anyone know when the new Fairfield should begin construction?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:13:13 pm by ZYX » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2011, 08:12:52 pm »

Rendering of the pool, from the same location on the Main St bridge

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2011, 08:58:58 pm »

I really like the grass running along the side of the building where the sidewalk ends. I think it will do a nice job of mixing in some green with all the concrete.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2011, 08:59:48 pm »

If anybody could post pictures of this every so often it would be greatly appreciated!
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2011, 09:09:22 pm »

I'm surprised the pool area is to the west side to the main street bridge and and not to the east so that the original tribunes have a view of the pool and a view of the pedestrian bridge, the jazz depot, center of the universe, etc.  Looks nice though. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org