A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:37:10 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) AH HA / Mathews Warehouse  (Read 93598 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 08:34:34 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Here's how it goes:

The "Warehouse" is technically several buildings glued together.

Kaiser bought roughly 1/3rd of the space (the west end) and is going to use it to house the $50M collection that was donated to Gilcrease and they have no room for.

One block north the Griffin's bought land where they are putting a new Channel 6 building. The only block in-between is a truck yard. Kaiser and Griffin bought this land and will turn it into a park in 2012 or 2013.

Cigar had his foot in the door.....it needed to be one project. Did Cigar ever complete his other lofts?

1st St is still under construction. and by that I mean actual work, not sitting.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 08:15:06 am »

quote:

Here's how it goes:

Kaiser bought roughly 1/3rd of the space (the west end) and is going to use it to house the $50M collection that was donated to Gilcrease and they have no room for.

One block north the Griffin's bought land where they are putting a new Channel 6 building. The only block in-between is a truck yard. Kaiser and Griffin bought this land and will turn it into a park in 2012 or 2013.

I'm sorry, I wanted to make sure I got this right...the truck yard will be a park?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 09:09:01 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Townsend

quote:

Here's how it goes:

I'm sorry, I wanted to make sure I got this right...the truck yard will be a park?

That is the idea right now, but the trucking company is there for 4 more years and things can change. Keep in mind the North side of this block is KOTV, Living Arts to the South, Brady to the West and the new ballpark and surrounding development to the East. A greenspace between that all might be welcome in 4 years. I believe it is thought of a centennial green type park with water features, ampitheater, etc but on a much bigger scale.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 03:27:17 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

Here's how it goes:

That is the idea right now, but the trucking company is there for 4 more years and things can change. Keep in mind the North side of this block is KOTV, Living Arts to the South, Brady to the West and the new ballpark and surrounding development to the East. A greenspace between that all might be welcome in 4 years. I believe it is thought of a centennial green type park with water features, ampitheater, etc but on a much bigger scale.

Well that'd be freakin' sweet.
FOTD
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2008, 11:10:30 pm »

Don't know how many times the devil needs to shout it, but the INDUSTRIAL USES IN THE BRADY NEED TO GO!

So, be it a park or a parking lot, it's all for the better.

tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2008, 07:51:45 am »

quote:

quote:

quote:

Here's how it goes:

Ahh, I FINALLY get a clearer picture of where the new KOTV will be now...  I could see that plot of land being a park but I could also see the Wil Wilkins (or similar) development moving there and adding some much needed residential.  I tend to be opposed to adding more parks - they tend to be neglected when times are tight at the city - and that seems to be 99% of the time.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2008, 08:11:35 pm »

Snagged this from a secret source [8D]... the new rendering for the Living Arts Center. This is the western section which I think is going to house the Philbrook expansion. I believe the NE side is being done by a different architect. Will be interesting to see it all together. Notice what appears to be grass on the top floor? Looks to be a sidewalk cafe on the south side.

Now.. when they gonna get started lol?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 08:14:34 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2008, 09:41:55 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

Snagged this from a secret source [8D]... the new rendering for the Living Arts Center. This is the western section which I think is going to house the Philbrook expansion. I believe the NE side is being done by a different architect. Will be interesting to see it all together. Notice what appears to be grass on the top floor? Looks to be a sidewalk cafe on the south side.

Now.. when they gonna get started lol?

That looks wonderful!  I assume they're still raising money?

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2008, 05:36:16 am »

The Philbrook expansion is in the area on the NE side not pictured. Yes, they are fundraising and actually pretty early into it. They've been setting up the fundraising committee, gathering leads, planning, that kinda stuff.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2008, 08:04:04 am »

quote:

The Philbrook expansion is in the area on the NE side not pictured. Yes, they are fundraising and actually pretty early into it. They've been setting up the fundraising committee, gathering leads, planning, that kinda stuff.

So Kaiser is helping to fund the NE side? I must have misheard someone say he was helping to fund the side in this rendering,,, and since I also thought he was helping to fund the "museum side" so made the assumption that it was this West side that was the museum side?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2008, 08:10:22 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

quote:

So Kaiser is helping to fund the NE side? I must have misheard someone say he was helping to fund the side in this rendering,,, and since I also thought he was helping to fund the "museum side" so made the assumption that it was this West side that was the museum side?

I thought that originally but the drawing is titled for the Arts & Humanities Council so this is a drawing of their part of the project.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2008, 09:58:55 am »

I like the big glass wall on the south side of the building.  The back wall of the Matthews Building is not in great shape, so this allows them to fix it structurally, and then open it up so people can see art from the outside of the building looking in.

The small structure to the south on Boston (connected by the airbridge to the main building) includes two visiting artists' residences and, I believe, a coffee shop (on the ground floor).

The front of the Matthews building on Brady will retain the warehouse look and the original red brick.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2009, 09:52:52 am »

So that is Boston in the foreground, any plans for a streetscaping as shown in the rendering?  And will the parking lot south of Matthews just be occupied by that small building at Boston & Archer or will there be other development there?  I love this project BTW, can't wait to see it start.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 10:03:22 am by SXSW » Logged

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2009, 11:15:14 am »

The small building has been nixed from the plans. I know there is a push to get some greenscaping on that side of the building.
EricP
Civic Leader

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 02:49:55 pm »

I had wondered what would become of that huge building.... when does the fun start??

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org