A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:30:47 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New restaurants near Bass Pro??  (Read 63833 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2010, 07:44:25 am »

What chains have "taken over" Bricktown?  Seems like there's still a good balance of one-off bars and restaurants as well as mini-chains like In The Raw or Chillenos.

It's still mostly chains, and pretty bad ones. IHOP, Hooters, Sonic, Abuelos. And most of the local places I have tried are pretty bad. Chelino's for example is downright awful.

No, I can't stand Abuelos here or there, it's just expensive, and bad, Mexican food. Any random Taco truck in east Tulsa is far better. I really miss Enfuego for good upscale Mexican.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2010, 09:11:13 am »

Angus has been around a long time - 15 years??  I haven't been there in about two, but it was always excellent before.

How could you have never heard of them if have been in BA since 1983??  Oh,... one of the 'new' addition people - the bedroom community types....

Well, you owe it to yourself to drive down main street once in a while.  Angus is a jewel.  There is another right next door for old fat guys like me.  A real live, honest-to-God chocolatier!!  She has been there a few years and the chocolate is world class.  You won't find better in New York, LA or Belgium.  Guaranteed.  But then you must like real chocolate better than the Hershey's or Russell Stover's or Godiva's wax chocolate!

Don't get me wrong - I like the wax chocolates, too - and they are mostly more cost effective.  Have been to the Godiva's factory in Pennsylvania and spent two days working there - now THAT is heaven on earth!!  But this place is amazing.

Thanks for the info. I make it down Main St every now and then. I always by from Star Jewelers on Main but have never really looked for places to eat. Other than AVB where I bank, I just dont travel the street light district that is Main.

Can you also tell me what is going on every Saturday morning right by the railroad tracks. I have seen a lot of cars parked and early morning cook outs going on.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2010, 09:15:35 am »

Can you also tell me what is going on every Saturday morning right by the railroad tracks. I have seen a lot of cars parked and early morning cook outs going on.

Are you talking about the Farmer's Market?

Power is nothing till you use it.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2010, 09:27:54 am »

Are you talking about the Farmer's Market?

That might be it. Do they do cook outs while selling their wares ?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2010, 09:32:58 am »

there are some vendors cooking on grills. They also have a tent selling the most wonderful pastries. I usually get a blueberry fritter from her.

My company will be there in four weeks selling compost bins.

Power is nothing till you use it.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2010, 09:34:42 am »

there are some vendors cooking on grills. They also have a tent selling the most wonderful pastries. I usually get a blueberry fritter from her.

My company will be there in four weeks selling compost bins.

Cool. I need to come down there and mingle.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2010, 11:46:08 am »

They have a wonderful facility there.  And there is a somewhat skimpy attendance of vendors.  I talked to the guy running the show last year about doing just that kind of food thing and he was kind of arrogant about it - saying they wanted only to have "made/grown in Oklahoma".  Well, that is pretty much exactly what I was talking about, so Huh

Anyway, will have to revisit that.

Nice little farmers market there.  We go regularly - at least every couple weeks - sometimes every week.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2010, 11:47:30 am »

They have a wonderful facility there.  And there is a somewhat skimpy attendance of vendors.  I talked to the guy running the show last year about doing just that kind of food thing and he was kind of arrogant about it - saying they wanted only to have "made/grown in Oklahoma".  Well, that is pretty much exactly what I was talking about, so Huh

Anyway, will have to revisit that.

Nice little farmers market there.  We go regularly - at least every couple weeks - sometimes every week.

Lemme guess, you are the one with green sprouts?  Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2010, 11:51:11 am »

No.  I don't participate at all yet.  Will be cooking when/if I do.  Maybe sell some asparagus??

I go to look and buy.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2010, 12:12:43 pm »

It's still mostly chains, and pretty bad ones. IHOP, Hooters, Sonic, Abuelos. And most of the local places I have tried are pretty bad. Chelino's for example is downright awful.

No, I can't stand Abuelos here or there, it's just expensive, and bad, Mexican food. Any random Taco truck in east Tulsa is far better. I really miss Enfuego for good upscale Mexican.

Man, who wizzed in your Wheaties this morning?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2010, 12:15:45 pm »

Sounds like a simple statement of facts.

There is a Poblano's in Moore that isn't too bad - actually better than most.  I am hoping they will come to BA/East Tulsa before too long.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2010, 12:32:37 pm »

Man, who wizzed in your Wheaties this morning?

No one whizzed in my Wheaties, but the food from Chelino's might actually be improved by being whizzed on, it certainly couldn't make it worse.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2010, 12:35:52 pm »

No one whizzed in my Wheaties, but the food from Chelino's might actually be improved by being whizzed on, it certainly couldn't make it worse.

That's freakin funny right there.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2010, 02:14:54 pm »

Sounds like a simple statement of facts.

There is a Poblano's in Moore that isn't too bad - actually better than most.  I am hoping they will come to BA/East Tulsa before too long.

Actually not so impressed with Poblano's, at least not the one on Douglas in MWC.  I thought their menu was pricey for average food.

Nino's on Air Depot between 15th & Reno in MWC rocks.  That's some great Mexican grub.

Of course, Mexican is just like BBQ: One man's swill is another's five star gourmet meal.  So many different tastes and varying sophistication in the pallate.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2010, 09:04:33 pm »

Boy, ain't that the truth!!  If you want some REAL swill, go up to Claremore and eat at the little Mexican restaurant there - El Charro.  God, what a mess that stuff is!  I cannot believe the taste buds in that town that think it is good food?HuhHuh

Everybody ought to try it once just as reference to see how great Taco Bell is by comparison. (Even Taco Mayo - previously the worst Mexican food in the world - is edible compared to that.)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org