A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:32:13 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New restaurants near Bass Pro??  (Read 63826 times)
TheCommish
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2009, 08:44:01 pm »

Broken Arrow did well by obtaining the Bass Pro Shop. Tulsa really didn't think that through in the least. I'm just glad the metro area has one. They are bigger draws than some realize. A Bass Pro Shop would have been perfect near downtown around Sand Springs due to it's proximity to Lake Keystone and helped kick that part of town into over-drive.

Good point but Bass Pro, as where she is now, is closer to lakes far better than Keystone.  Better lakes in my opinion include Ft. Gibson, Tenkiller, Eufaula, Broken Bow, Hudson etc...  Also there is the navigation channel, Grand River, Three Forks area etc...

But yes, Bass Pro in Sands Springs may have done wonders in development that BA is now being rewarded with.
Composer
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2009, 09:17:05 pm »

When construction begins on the Conference Center/Hotel, interest should rise in that area. 
Composer
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2010, 10:46:41 pm »

Paradox Pub & Grill
In the Village at Stone Wood Hills, there will be a new restaurant called Paradox Pub & Grill.  The sign says sports bar, restaurant and nightlife.  Should be a good place to check out in the Tulsa/Broken Arrow area.  

Also, former Runt's BBQ will be opening as a Game Day Tailgate Grill soon. 

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:49:39 pm by Composer » Logged
TeeDub
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2010, 09:08:02 am »

The Applebees between the new theater and the Olive Garden has a "Now Hiring" sign up.

I also heard a new Planet Fitness will be taking up part of the space where Sutherland's used to be at the BA and Elm.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2010, 09:12:03 am »

The Applebees between the new theater and the Olive Garden has a "Now Hiring" sign up.

CHAINS....YAY.  I guess anything's something.
TeeDub
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2010, 09:17:07 am »

CHAINS....YAY.  I guess anything's something.

My thoughts as well, but yeah, anything is better than another empty store.

There is also a "Cherry Berry" across the street.   I haven't been there to see how a "self serve frozen yogurt" store works.
Composer
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2010, 03:29:13 pm »

Glad to hear about the old sutherlands.  It is about time that building get some use. 

CherryBerry is really great!  Check it out.   

They really got the applebee's up quick. 
Osupikapp1
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 01:16:50 pm »

Paradox Pub & Grill
In the Village at Stone Wood Hills, there will be a new restaurant called Paradox Pub & Grill.  The sign says sports bar, restaurant and nightlife.  Should be a good place to check out in the Tulsa/Broken Arrow area.  

Also, former Runt's BBQ will be opening as a Game Day Tailgate Grill soon. 

I'm excited for Paradox  the chef will be Eli from Oscars Gastropub.  I think they are about 2-3 weeks from opening. 

Now the Game Day grill place, I think this is the wrong location in the wrong market.  They did their first now hiring over fourth of july weekend!  This place will fail quicker than runts in my mind.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 01:40:18 pm »

We just installed Gameday Tailgates Satellite system today. I have a early invite to the Family and Friends opening. I might have to check the place out. My installer say's all the TV's are wall projections. He likes how they redone the inside. Gonna be tough to compete with the Paradox though.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 08:22:57 am »

The reason there are more chains than anything else local is because most people in Tulsa have zero clue(or at least the ones that think chedders & fish daddy's) is the next best thing to god and actually makes good food. I always avoid a chain, if I have to go to one, usually the food is made wrong, has to be sent back or asked to be comped it was so bad.(5 second rule anyone?).

Just drive down 71st street on a Friday night / Saturday there is no way a mom and pop could come close to competing with them anywhere near them. This is why downtown establishments are doing so well and everyone should take note to try to keep the chains out of downtown like they have taken over in bricktown in Oklahoma City, most small mom and pop's are gone in OKC now. Just lost Lola's..whats next?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 08:29:10 am »

The reason there are more chains than anything else local is because most people in Tulsa have zero clue(or at least the ones that think chedders & fish daddy's) is the next best thing to god and actually makes good food. I always avoid a chain, if I have to go to one, usually the food is made wrong, has to be sent back or asked to be comped it was so bad.(5 second rule anyone?).

Just drive down 71st street on a Friday night / Saturday there is no way a mom and pop could come close to competing with them anywhere near them. This is why downtown establishments are doing so well and everyone should take note to try to keep the chains out of downtown like they have taken over in bricktown in Oklahoma City, most small mom and pop's are gone in OKC now. Just lost Lola's..whats next?

What chains have "taken over" Bricktown?  Seems like there's still a good balance of one-off bars and restaurants as well as mini-chains like In The Raw or Chillenos.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2010, 12:52:42 pm »

Angus Inn down on main street BA is better than any of the chain steakhouses, and it is very short drive for BPS area.

And if you want bar-b-que, well still out of luck in BA.  Billy Sim's is about it.  Not bad, but not as good as it could be.

Must have bar-b-que;  Oologah, OK.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2010, 01:16:37 pm »

Angus Inn down on main street BA is better than any of the chain steakhouses, and it is very short drive for BPS area.

And if you want bar-b-que, well still out of luck in BA.  Billy Sim's is about it.  Not bad, but not as good as it could be.

Must have bar-b-que;  Oologah, OK.

Wow now that is a koo winky dink. We just installed the owner of The Angus Inns Satellite service at his home. He told me to come by and try them out. I have lived out here in B.A. since 1983 and had never heard of his restaurant. And now I have twice in less than a week. Sounds like a sign of some sort.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2010, 09:21:57 pm »

Angus has been around a long time - 15 years??  I haven't been there in about two, but it was always excellent before.

How could you have never heard of them if have been in BA since 1983??  Oh,... one of the 'new' addition people - the bedroom community types....

Well, you owe it to yourself to drive down main street once in a while.  Angus is a jewel.  There is another right next door for old fat guys like me.  A real live, honest-to-God chocolatier!!  She has been there a few years and the chocolate is world class.  You won't find better in New York, LA or Belgium.  Guaranteed.  But then you must like real chocolate better than the Hershey's or Russell Stover's or Godiva's wax chocolate!

Don't get me wrong - I like the wax chocolates, too - and they are mostly more cost effective.  Have been to the Godiva's factory in Pennsylvania and spent two days working there - now THAT is heaven on earth!!  But this place is amazing.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2010, 09:23:50 pm »

Gaspar,
Just as information note; checked BA Reasor's Saturday and they have not yet heard of you.  Sadly.

Will keep checking with them from time to time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org