A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:24:25 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Airport Expansion  (Read 4739 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2022, 09:05:22 am »

Currently if I fly to Tulsa I take American because of the decent time of day for the nonstop flights. Southwest has a nonstop from PHX to TUL that departs PHX at 7PM (AZ time) and arrives at TUL at 11:10 PM, the return flight leaves TUL at 7AM and arrives PHX a 7:40AM (AZ time).

American leaves PHX at 12:15PM and I get to TUL at 3:30PM and the return flight leaves TUL at 2:45PM and gets to PHX at 3:15PM.

I can't fly Allegiant from PHX Sky Harbor to Tulsa because there is no service, I have to drive 65 Miles to Mesa Gateway and the only flights between PHX and TUL are on Monday and Friday or sometimes Tuesday and Saturday. If I want to fly for a long weekend I have to fly to Springfield MO or Bentonville AR. Allegiant has no service from either airport to OKC.

I think you have some time zone corrections to make on the American times.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2022, 09:11:17 am »

I think you have some time zone corrections to make on the American times.

Yeah, not enough coffee this morning. Grin

I always joke that flying from TUL to PHX nonstop, if I could fall adjust my watch and fall asleep before take off and wake up in Phoenix it would be like a twenty minute nap during the summer time.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2022, 11:30:49 am »

The early morning PHX nonstop on Southwest is convenient for connecting to California and Hawaii.  You can leave Tulsa at 7 am and be in Hawaii at 1:30.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2022, 12:46:45 pm »

The early morning PHX nonstop on Southwest is convenient for connecting to California and Hawaii.  You can leave Tulsa at 7 am and be in Hawaii at 1:30.

No disagreement there. I was just referring to my own preference. SW used to have two nonstops a day between TUL and PHX as well as PHX to TUL. Going either direction it was mid morning or mid afternoon. I'm just happy being back somewhere that I can get flights to where I want to go easily without having to drive two plus hours to Eugene/Springfield which the flight would then go to PDX, SFO, DEN, or SEA to get to anywhere, or almost five hours to Portland. Where I lived the airport was OTH for North Bend, and they had one in and one out a day that went to SFO. It would arrive around 11AM Pacific time and depart around 1PM Pacific.

I think I posted this before, the one time I knew my flight was not going to leave the terminal.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 12:53:56 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2022, 02:37:36 pm »

That's never a good sign at the gate.

Remember the type of plane?

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2022, 04:53:32 pm »

That's never a good sign at the gate.

Remember the type of plane?

It was an Embraer 120. The mechanic put three quarts of oil in before grounding it. I sent the pics to a friend in Phoenix to let him know to not to pick me up that evening, that I would be in the next day. They actually brought in another 120 for the next day because they couldn't fit all of us on the normal flight. Flying into SFO was interesting because on approach from the north all I could see was the tops of the GG bridge and the Sutro tower.

They finally upgraded that route to CRJ 200 a couple of years after the photo I took, but we still had to get on and off the plane on the apron at SFO.

Hate those pushy A320 pilots

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2022, 07:22:56 pm »

Anyone else remember Metroliners?  I rode in one from Tulsa to Wichita and back.

Another commuter plane had sling canvas seats but I don't remember the type of plane.  Seat was NOT comfortable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairchild_Swearingen_Metroliner

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org