A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:18:51 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhymes with "Stitt"  (Read 37120 times)
whoatown
Activist

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2021, 01:44:17 pm »

Also - the Supreme Court already decided that states can enforce compulsory vaccination laws in 1905 during the smallpox pandemic.

The Court's decision articulated the view that individual liberty is not absolute and is subject to the police power of the state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobson_v._Massachusetts
The other one is that the vaccines are unregulated and the manufacturers can’t be sued for how your body reacts or doesn’t react to it.  But just how do you go about proving whether the vaccine protected you?  The smallpox or polio or whichever one it was did have a significant death toll, as compared to the common cold.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2021, 02:01:06 pm »

The other one is that the vaccines are unregulated and the manufacturers can’t be sued for how your body reacts or doesn’t react to it.  But just how do you go about proving whether the vaccine protected you?  The smallpox or polio or whichever one it was did have a significant death toll, as compared to the common cold.

Do you not consider the death toll from Covid-19 significant?

Edit: changed from Covid to Covid-19.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 03:05:15 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

whoatown
Activist

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2021, 02:36:55 pm »

Do you not consider the death toll from Covid significant?

The CDC just came out with a number of people whose natural immunity took over and survived.  As far as I know they have a hard time distinguishing the common cold from the flu from the corona virus.  But also the corona virus is what they call the common cold and it does take some lives every year, but most people survive it. 
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2021, 03:04:10 pm »

The CDC just came out with a number of people whose natural immunity took over and survived.  As far as I know they have a hard time distinguishing the common cold from the flu from the corona virus.  But also the corona virus is what they call the common cold and it does take some lives every year, but most people survive it. 

I don't believe anyone is calling Covid-19 a common cold.  Please provide a credible link saying anyone is.  There are several varieties of the corona virus but Covid-19 is the bug of interest at the moment.  I do know several people who had Covid-19 and survived.  They caught it before the vaccines were available.  Mostly they were involved in situations where they could not socially distance themselves because of their, or their spouse's, occupation(s).  Some were just stupid and ignored CDC guidelines.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2021, 05:29:10 pm »

The only one that was offered a religious exemption was for the Catholic troops over a matter of aborted fetus parts in the vaccines themselves.  That sounds like a rather narrow exemption.

"Do the COVID-19 vaccines contain aborted fetal cells?"
Answer from infectious disease expert and practicing Catholic James Lawler, MD:

No, the COVID-19 vaccines do not contain any aborted fetal cells. However, fetal cell lines – cells grown in a laboratory based on aborted fetal cells collected generations ago – were used in testing during research and development of the mRNA vaccines, and during production of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

It is true that decades ago, scientists decided to use fetal tissue to start the cell lines we use to test drugs today. However, the description of ongoing modern fetal tissue harvesting to create vaccines is dishonest sensationalism. 

As a practicing Catholic, I think the moral balance of indirectly benefitting from an abortion that occurred 50 years ago in order to take a vaccine that will prevent further death in the community is a no-brainer – especially considering that so many of the over 620,000 American deaths have occurred in the most vulnerable and marginalized in our society. We need to focus on saving lives right now. We need to care for our neighbors.

The Vatican and bishops agree. The Vatican has issued clear guidance that permits Roman Catholics in good faith to receive COVID-19 vaccines that use fetal cell lines in development or production.
https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/you-asked-we-answered-do-the-covid-19-vaccines-contain-aborted-fetal-cells

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2021, 05:49:47 pm »

I don't believe anyone is calling Covid-19 a common cold.  Please provide a credible link saying anyone is.  There are several varieties of the corona virus but Covid-19 is the bug of interest at the moment.  I do know several people who had Covid-19 and survived.  They caught it before the vaccines were available.  Mostly they were involved in situations where they could not socially distance themselves because of their, or their spouse's, occupation(s).  Some were just stupid and ignored CDC guidelines.

Well, there's this dangerous imbecile:

“It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponized as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump,” Limbaugh said during his Monday show. “Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus. … Yeah, I’m dead right on this. The coronavirus is the common cold, folks.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/02/25/limbaugh-coronavirus-trump/

...then all the times Trump called it the flu:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-mixed-messages/like-the-flu-trumps-coronavirus-messaging-confuses-public-pandemic-researchers-say-idUSKBN2102GY

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2021, 06:05:51 pm »

Well, there's this dangerous imbecile:

“It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponized as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump,” Limbaugh said during his Monday show. “Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus. … Yeah, I’m dead right on this. The coronavirus is the common cold, folks.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/02/25/limbaugh-coronavirus-trump/

...then all the times Trump called it the flu:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-mixed-messages/like-the-flu-trumps-coronavirus-messaging-confuses-public-pandemic-researchers-say-idUSKBN2102GY

I did say credible.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2021, 06:34:37 pm »

The other one is that the vaccines are unregulated and the manufacturers can’t be sued for how your body reacts or doesn’t react to it.  But just how do you go about proving whether the vaccine protected you?  The smallpox or polio or whichever one it was did have a significant death toll, as compared to the common cold.

Wow!   So 750,000 dead is just not all that significant, huh??

Just way more than the 1918 influenza epidemic in the US.

And way more than polio ever killed over 10 times as much time!  And yet, people actually cared about others dying then - unlike the dismissive extremist radicals today.  Who still have been vaccinated while urging their Minions to not get vaccinated.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
whoatown
Activist

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2021, 12:26:07 am »

Ok but if they caught it and survived what would taking the vaccine now prevent? 
whoatown
Activist

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2021, 12:32:35 am »

"Do the COVID-19 vaccines contain aborted fetal cells?"
Answer from infectious disease expert and practicing Catholic James Lawler, MD:

No, the COVID-19 vaccines do not contain any aborted fetal cells. However, fetal cell lines – cells grown in a laboratory based on aborted fetal cells collected generations ago – were used in testing during research and development of the mRNA vaccines, and during production of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

It is true that decades ago, scientists decided to use fetal tissue to start the cell lines we use to test drugs today. However, the description of ongoing modern fetal tissue harvesting to create vaccines is dishonest sensationalism. 

As a practicing Catholic, I think the moral balance of indirectly benefitting from an abortion that occurred 50 years ago in order to take a vaccine that will prevent further death in the community is a no-brainer – especially considering that so many of the over 620,000 American deaths have occurred in the most vulnerable and marginalized in our society. We need to focus on saving lives right now. We need to care for our neighbors.

The Vatican and bishops agree. The Vatican has issued clear guidance that permits Roman Catholics in good faith to receive COVID-19 vaccines that use fetal cell lines in development or production.
https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/you-asked-we-answered-do-the-covid-19-vaccines-contain-aborted-fetal-cells

And along those same lines, Louis Pasteur conducted an experiment, some time ago to prove his theory about how proper practices and some inoculations could prevent further spread of infections.  Now do we always go about needing a vaccine?  Some say that vaccines are ancient medical science and that we have advanced past that, so why do we still use them?  And what are they putting in them?  They don’t seem to want to tell us with this corona virus.

And the abortions would be more recent than 50 years ago. 
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2021, 12:35:46 am »

Ok but if they caught it and survived what would taking the vaccine now prevent? 

It has not been shown that having survived Covid-19 provides a lifetime immunity.  So...the vaccine would provide them with increased protection from getting Covid-19 again.

whoatown
Activist

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2021, 12:37:21 am »

Wow!   So 750,000 dead is just not all that significant, huh??

Just way more than the 1918 influenza epidemic in the US.

And way more than polio ever killed over 10 times as much time!  And yet, people actually cared about others dying then - unlike the dismissive extremist radicals today.  Who still have been vaccinated while urging their Minions to not get vaccinated.

Who are these people getting vaccinated who are telling others not to get vaccinated?  I would think if they were getting vaccinated,  they’d be encouraging others to get vaccinated, while those who decide not to are advising others to not get the vaccine?  
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2021, 12:44:31 am »

Some say that vaccines are ancient medical science and that we have advanced past that

Where do you find this kind of information?  Seems sketchy to me.

And the abortions would be more recent than 50 years ago.

Do you think there were no abortions more than 50 years ago?

whoatown
Activist

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2021, 12:51:51 am »

Where do you find this kind of information?  Seems sketchy to me.

Do you think there were no abortions more than 50 years ago?

The biggest problem they had during world war I and II was malaria.  That was the original purpose of the CDC back then and don’t you think they would have found a solution for it then?  Mosquitos seem to like to carry diseases and malaria was one of them. 

Just saying that abortions for the more recent vaccines probably came from more recent abortions.  Eventually would run out if they keep making vaccines all this time.

Vacca means cow, which is where the first vaccines came from.  Variolation came before that.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2021, 01:08:31 am »

The biggest problem they had during world war I and II was malaria.  That was the original purpose of the CDC back then and don’t you think they would have found a solution for it then?  Mosquitos seem to like to carry diseases and malaria was one of them. 

What does that have to do with "Some say that vaccines are ancient medical science and that we have advanced past that"?

Vacca means cow, which is where the first vaccines came from.  Variolation came before that.

Interesting brief history:
https://www.labroots.com/trending/microbiology/4928/variolation-vaccination

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org