A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:48:16 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PAC Parking Lot Development  (Read 36372 times)
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2021, 02:29:14 pm »

https://tulsaworld.com/business/local/up-to-22-million-bond-issuance-planned-for-downtown-project-linked-to-new-grocery-store/article_03b694de-5e7c-11ec-b03e-5f3dce5d98d1.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

So this is moving forward with a possible construction start date of Q2 2022, meaning this summer. Very exciting. Since the rest of Santa Fe Square is also most likely going to start construction at this time, that'll be two major projects under construction taking up former surface parking lots. A huge reduction in empty space downtown, not to mention so much more cohesion across the blue dome district. Really looking forward to this, even though the big tower has been removed.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2021, 09:24:41 pm »

https://tulsaworld.com/business/local/up-to-22-million-bond-issuance-planned-for-downtown-project-linked-to-new-grocery-store/article_03b694de-5e7c-11ec-b03e-5f3dce5d98d1.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

So this is moving forward with a possible construction start date of Q2 2022, meaning this summer. Very exciting. Since the rest of Santa Fe Square is also most likely going to start construction at this time, that'll be two major projects under construction taking up former surface parking lots. A huge reduction in empty space downtown, not to mention so much more cohesion across the blue dome district. Really looking forward to this, even though the big tower has been removed.

That will be a lot of construction in the Blue Dome, especially an 11 story residential tower.  Good to see things shifted back from the Arts District but would like to see additional projects there too, hopefully Western Supply gets off the ground in 2022 and we start to see plans developed for the TDA lots north of 244 and the Evans-Fintube site. 

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2022, 11:22:01 am »

Anyone heard rumblings on the timeline for this? Hopefully still set for this summer... I keep looking and hoping that I spot signs of construction. Haven't yet Smiley
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2022, 07:59:55 pm »

Anyone heard rumblings on the timeline for this? Hopefully still set for this summer... I keep looking and hoping that I spot signs of construction. Haven't yet Smiley

It’s moving forward. They have to redo a sewer line. No building permit yet, though. I don’t know exact timeline but appears on track.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2022, 09:15:37 pm »

It’s moving forward. They have to redo a sewer line. No building permit yet, though. I don’t know exact timeline but appears on track.

I believe they still have a bit to go on getting construction documents ready and then will be submitting for permits. I talked with the developers not too long ago and they are full steam ahead. I would imagine it'll be fully under construction by fall.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2022, 10:22:29 am »

I believe they still have a bit to go on getting construction documents ready and then will be submitting for permits. I talked with the developers not too long ago and they are full steam ahead. I would imagine it'll be fully under construction by fall.

I think people underestimate what a massive shot in the arm this will be for downtown.  This and Santa Fe Square going up at the same time fill huge holes and show a confidence that large mixed-use projects are viable.  Excited to see what other projects these will spur in the future. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 10:29:47 am by SXSW » Logged

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2022, 11:19:35 am »

I think people underestimate what a massive shot in the arm this will be for downtown.  This and Santa Fe Square going up at the same time fill huge holes and show a confidence that large mixed-use projects are viable.  Excited to see what other projects these will spur in the future. 

Agreed - it will also make downtown finally feel somewhat connected/cohesive. Right now it feels like very fragmented neighborhoods because of the big parking lots. Once the Santa Fe lot is gone and PAC lot is gone you'll have a pretty dense core with only small parking lots mixed in the Deco District, Blue Dome, East Village, Greenwood, and Arts District will all feel more like one big area versus separate places. We just are in need of some decent streetscaping, I wish Tulsa would figure out a way to pull off something like Project 360 in OKC.

Not sure if anyone has noticed by they've started the process of converting Cincinnati and Detroit to two way streets. They're starting it by the WPX building, not sure how long it will take them to do it all the way north to the split and south to the BA.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2022, 11:34:11 am »

Totally agree ^. Will give the downtown area much better flow. Next on my wishlist is the development of the seemingly random assortment of abandoned buildings in prime spots... Across from McNellies is a big one, totally kills that corner. The old gas station (?) in the arts district across from the tavern. Can't believe that spot hasn't been bought and turned into something. You couldn't ask for a better location.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2022, 11:40:40 am »

Totally agree ^. Will give the downtown area much better flow. Next on my wishlist is the development of the seemingly random assortment of abandoned buildings in prime spots... Across from McNellies is a big one, totally kills that corner. The old gas station (?) in the arts district across from the tavern. Can't believe that spot hasn't been bought and turned into something. You couldn't ask for a better location.

It's a manufacturing facility and they don't want to move. They actually filed not too long ago to expand the building and the city turned them down. I can't remember the name of the company.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2022, 03:37:23 pm »

It's a manufacturing facility and they don't want to move. They actually filed not too long ago to expand the building and the city turned them down. I can't remember the name of the company.

That's interesting... maybe we can pitch in and help them gently relocate haha. It's an eyesore on the area... although it really puts the Mixed into Mixed use.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2022, 04:22:00 pm »

If I recall, they actually wanted to add some retail frontage somehow... but it was kind of a weird deal. They want to stay where they are at because they like the location and have been there forever - long before the area became hip. Some of their machinery isn't easy to move apparently. Probably the type of stuff that isn't even made anymore so if they move they risk something going wrong and having to figure out all new equipment and a new process.

There was also some flak about the building itself. Apparently some value it as historical despite it not looking like much. It could be restored to look like an antique gas station I guess...
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2022, 04:55:43 pm »

What building are we talking about?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2022, 05:20:37 pm »

That's interesting... maybe we can pitch in and help them gently relocate haha. It's an eyesore on the area... although it really puts the Mixed into Mixed use.

Just when I think no one is stupid enough to pay a high price, well above fair market value, for something, someone does.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2022, 05:44:03 pm »

Make downtown attractive enough and limit parking enough and MAYBE we can get park-and-ride lots and commuter rail.  Probably won't happen in my lifetime though.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2022, 06:57:42 pm »

$200 million will get you three miles of street car tracks and rail cars.

The Tempe Streetcar will begin service in early 2022 after delays in the manufacturing and delivery of six vehicles made by Brookville Equipment Corporation. The $200 million project will include three miles of track, 14 stops and two connections to the already existing Valley Metro Rail.

The project, originally projected to be completed in mid-2021, is a collaboration between the city of Tempe and Valley Metro originating from a voter-approved regional transportation plan in 2004. The project is jointly funded by ASU, the Federal Transit Administration, a half-cent sales tax approved by Tempe voters in 1996 for transit expansion and a mix of private investors.

https://www.statepress.com/article/2021/10/tempe-streetcar-delay-economic-development

Route map

https://kjzz.org/file/tempe-streetcar-map-20180815png
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org