A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:20:07 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sierra Leone calls - anyone getting them?  (Read 2997 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« on: May 03, 2019, 03:17:14 pm »

I really hate starting new topics, but this was not addressed yet.

We started getting these.  Just another robo call...Sierra Leone calls.   One more example of the massive fail that is the FCC.  And why is it that our "illustrious" Senators and Representatives don't do anything to fix this problem?  It's only software, people.   Well, maybe it would cut their payments from the scammers...??

https://ktul.com/news/local/local-police-fcc-warn-about-scam-calls-from-sierra-leone?fbclid=IwAR2LeRwQ80Gb0flLMSf6S1vSgY881mekguqP2bj19oXpfKkTmB_R--DmyUw

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 07:51:27 am »

I've been getting them the last few days.   It's been in the Tulsa World, and the FCC has issued a warning about it.   It's a "one ring" robocall scam.  Only rings once, trying to get you to call back.   It's hard for the FCC to do much, as they are spoofing different numbers on every call.   I've been blocking each new number as it comes in.  It's annoying, but not as much of a hassle as some of there phone scams I've seen.  Pretty easy to avoid getting hit, just don't call back.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 10:34:58 am »

Wrote this then saw the news a couple hours later.  Still the massive fail of the Congress and FCC.  It's just software.  If they can right code that will make a call, they can write the code that can stop these calls.  Gotta have the laws in place to force it.  And make it MUCH more rigorous to get a spoofing number than now.  Ridiculous.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org