A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:25:14 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Statue at the Traffic Circle  (Read 5234 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: December 10, 2018, 03:30:59 pm »

For the last 6 weeks or so there has been some activity in the center of the Traffic Circle here in Tulsa at Admiral and Mingo. It appears that they were crafting a Route 66 statue. I took some photos today. The statue is close to completion it would appear but obviously not completely done, as evidenced by the portapotty out front.  Smiley. This is looking east.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 03:37:59 pm »

Looks like those welds could use some sanding and painting. The portapotty puts the size of this thing in perspective. I didn't realize it would be that large.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 03:43:41 pm »

Looks like those welds could use some sanding and painting. The portapotty puts the size of this thing in perspective. I didn't realize it would be that large.

There's an electric meter can to the left of it, so obviously it will be illuminated in some fashion.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 03:58:06 pm »

There's an electric meter can to the left of it, so obviously it will be illuminated in some fashion.

Probably with lights on the ground pointing up.   Sad

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 05:39:25 pm »

New drunk cheerleader magnet?
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 07:27:05 pm »

Probably with lights on the ground pointing up.   Sad

and flashing color-changing LEDs like a tacky lawn ornament.  Hello Moth Effect.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 09:52:19 am »

The piece is called "Route 66 Rising" and was funded by Vision 2025, still a bit to do before final completion...

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 10:36:56 am »

The piece is called "Route 66 Rising" and was funded by Vision 2025, still a bit to do before final completion...

FWIW, I was ribbing Expo Square's digital eyesores (and certain unethical billboard companies), with the sincerest hopes others dont follow their "lead."

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org