News:

Long overdue maintenance happening. See post in the top forum.

Main Menu

Statue at the Traffic Circle

Started by Hoss, December 10, 2018, 03:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoss

For the last 6 weeks or so there has been some activity in the center of the Traffic Circle here in Tulsa at Admiral and Mingo. It appears that they were crafting a Route 66 statue. I took some photos today. The statue is close to completion it would appear but obviously not completely done, as evidenced by the portapotty out front.  :). This is looking east.

Rattle Trap

Looks like those welds could use some sanding and painting. The portapotty puts the size of this thing in perspective. I didn't realize it would be that large.

Hoss

Quote from: Rattle Trap on December 10, 2018, 03:37:59 PM
Looks like those welds could use some sanding and painting. The portapotty puts the size of this thing in perspective. I didn't realize it would be that large.

There's an electric meter can to the left of it, so obviously it will be illuminated in some fashion.

Red Arrow

Quote from: Hoss on December 10, 2018, 03:43:41 PM
There's an electric meter can to the left of it, so obviously it will be illuminated in some fashion.

Probably with lights on the ground pointing up.   :(

dbacksfan 2.0

patric

Quote from: Red Arrow on December 10, 2018, 03:58:06 PM

Probably with lights on the ground pointing up.   :(

and flashing color-changing LEDs like a tacky lawn ornament.  Hello Moth Effect.
"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum

Vision 2025

The piece is called "Route 66 Rising" and was funded by Vision 2025, still a bit to do before final completion...
Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info

patric

Quote from: Vision 2025 on December 17, 2018, 09:52:19 AM
The piece is called "Route 66 Rising" and was funded by Vision 2025, still a bit to do before final completion...

FWIW, I was ribbing Expo Square's digital eyesores (and certain unethical billboard companies), with the sincerest hopes others dont follow their "lead."
"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum