A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:44:02 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Roseanne Flyover Notoriety  (Read 24817 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 01:48:38 pm »

Aren't you a cop?

That would explain a lot about his dismissal of the circumstances of the "poor little rich white guy" trying to kill some friends kids....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub

I bet if it was a black guy "brandishing", it would make a world of difference.   Would it, Tee?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 01:48:50 pm »

I guess trying to advance the conversation in this forum is pointless.
TeeDub
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 01:51:11 pm »

That would explain a lot about his dismissal of the circumstances of the "poor little rich white guy" trying to kill some friends kids....

What does someone threatening your juvenile delinquent relatives have do with racism?    Move on.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 01:51:21 pm »

Not at all...the main point is the Roseanne is disgusting.  And not really very funny.  Before or now.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 01:54:16 pm »

What does someone threatening your juvenile delinquent relatives have do with racism?    Move on.

Come on...not even you can be that blind.  It has to do with the FACT that the white guy got kid glove treatment and sympathy from the DA, the judge, and now you, while a black guy doing exactly the same in exactly the same circumstances would be in prison today.

If you are a cop, for more than 6 months, then I know for another FACT that you have seen this in person.  Repeatedly.

Pre-judge much?   Yeah, you do.  These kids are relatives of friends of mine who literally were sitting in the front yard, minding their own business.  As you could find out, if you are a cop, by looking at the reports.  Since it was a 'good ole boy' member of the elite white establishment in Tulsa who committed the assault with a deadly weapon - as he admitted and plead guilty to in open court - you have taken to disparaging the kids who were attacked.   How Trumpy of you... you are learning it well, Grasshopper!

Move on, huh....?    Well, I hope to hear about it if something bad happens to your family, so I can tell you exactly the same.   But that would be different...white folks having bad things happen to them is always worse, isn't it?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 02:00:59 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 02:53:41 pm »

If a black man says something, it's okay.    If a white person repeats exactly the same thing, it isn't.  

No.   They don't "own" it.   Either it should be unusable across the spectrum or not.    There shouldn't be a double standard.

How many white slaves did Americans "own"?

Maybe the word has been earned. And not by the white people that created the word.

Again, aren't you a cop?
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 06:38:58 pm »

If a black man says something, it's okay.    If a white person repeats exactly the same thing, it isn't.  

No.   They don't "own" it.   Either it should be unusable across the spectrum or not.    There shouldn't be a double standard.

How many civilian professions can you think of where a white man can still call a black man "boy" without repercussions?

Speaking of repercussions, here's Fox News reaction:
'...what Barr tweeted was detestable and racist and the network was well within its right to mete out a harsh punishment by cancelling her show “Roseanne.” But in doing so, ABC also punished dozens if not hundreds of other people – actors, writers, producers, costumers and makeup artists...'
...but those producers, writers and costars were already jumping ship:  https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/29/entertainment/wanda-sykes-roseanne/index.html

'ABC owns ESPN, which earlier this month rehired the profane Keith Olbermann, a man who has been known to unleash a torrent of vulgarities at President Trump. He has repeatedly called President Trump a Nazi on social media'
ABC’s highest rated program attracted a huge audience of gun-toting, flag-waving, blue collar Trump supporters. And I believe that embarrassed network executives.
“ABC set to dial back political humor from pro-Trump ‘Roseanne’ next season,” a recent Fox News headline declared.

Yes, Fox News is citing Fox News as its source.  Total surprise.

UPDATE: She now blames Obama.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 10:29:10 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2018, 05:55:12 am »

They are very triggered on a number of topics...I hope the T.D.S center opens soon...

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2018, 05:56:20 am »

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub

I bet if it was a black guy "brandishing", it would make a world of difference.   Would it, Tee?

Being a doosh comes natural to you...Or did you learn it...??

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2018, 09:45:49 am »

The nitrous got you so you can't even reply normally.   Treatment centers abound, but first you will have to give up that cow!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 09:50:27 am »

Talk about willful ignorance....

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fox-news-now-leading-resurrect-roseanne-campaign-134050317.html

But it IS what one would expect from Fake Fox News.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 10:49:23 am »

Talk about willful ignorance....

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fox-news-now-leading-resurrect-roseanne-campaign-134050317.html

But it IS what one would expect from Fake Fox News.

Not ignorance, values.

https://youtu.be/ls1YVhcLD2c

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 12:37:44 pm »

Some of my conservative friends have been reposting a satire-article about Fox  Networkpicking up Rosanne for season 2. Apparently oblivious to any irony or overt insults in the article. The outrage in the comments section (from both sides) is a sad indictment of our society.

FOX Network Picks Up ‘Roseanne,’ Saying It Has No Problem With Occasional Racism
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 12:39:43 pm by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2018, 12:29:50 pm »

Samantha Bee’s apology:

A lot of people were offended and angry that I used an epithet to describe the president’s daughter and adviser last week. It is a word I have used on the show many times, hoping to reclaim it. This time, I used it as an insult. I crossed the line. I regret it and I do apologize for that.

The problem is that many women have heard that word at the worst moments of their lives. A lot of them don’t want that word reclaimed. They want it gone, and I don’t blame them. I don’t want to inflict more pain on them. I want this show to be challenging and I want it to be honest, but I never intended it to hurt anyone, except Ted Cruz.

Many men were also offended by my use of the word. I do not care about that.

I hate that this distracted from more important issues. I hate that I did something to contribute to the nightmare of 24-hour news cycles that we’re all white-knuckling through. I should have known that a potty-mouthed insult would be inherently more interesting to them than juvenile immigration policy.

I would do anything to help those kids. I hate that this distracted from them, so to them, I am also sorry. And look, if you are worried about the death of civility, don’t sweat it. I’m a comedian. People who hone their voices in basement bars while yelling back at drunk hecklers are definitely not paragons of civility. I am, I’m really sorry that I said that word, but you know what? Civility is just nice words. Maybe we should all worry a little bit more about the niceness of our actions.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2018, 08:18:03 pm »

Samantha Bee’s apology:

A lot of people were offended and angry that I used an epithet to describe the president’s daughter and adviser last week. It is a word I have used on the show many times, hoping to reclaim it. This time, I used it as an insult. I crossed the line. I regret it and I do apologize for that.

The problem is that many women have heard that word at the worst moments of their lives. A lot of them don’t want that word reclaimed. They want it gone, and I don’t blame them. I don’t want to inflict more pain on them. I want this show to be challenging and I want it to be honest, but I never intended it to hurt anyone, except Ted Cruz.

Many men were also offended by my use of the word. I do not care about that.

I hate that this distracted from more important issues. I hate that I did something to contribute to the nightmare of 24-hour news cycles that we’re all white-knuckling through. I should have known that a potty-mouthed insult would be inherently more interesting to them than juvenile immigration policy.

I would do anything to help those kids. I hate that this distracted from them, so to them, I am also sorry. And look, if you are worried about the death of civility, don’t sweat it. I’m a comedian. People who hone their voices in basement bars while yelling back at drunk hecklers are definitely not paragons of civility. I am, I’m really sorry that I said that word, but you know what? Civility is just nice words. Maybe we should all worry a little bit more about the niceness of our actions.

After the carp Trump has called people with no backlash whatsoever, nobody has any room to complain about anything Bee says...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org