A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:54:00 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Too Crazy for FOX  (Read 80548 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 04:17:28 pm »

It is a shame that the press has taken such an (selectively) adversarial stance. I completely agree with you.

And the current adminstration hasn't?  He's been pounding that 'fake news' diatribe since well before the election.

Anyone who believes it has been conned.  Remember, the country elected a guy who is a seven time bankrupt businessman who gloats about grabbing women by the vajayjay.

Sorry E...the job of the Fourth Estate is to always question a bullshitter.  That's what Trump is at the core.  And don't say 'all politicians are bullshitters'.  Yes they  may be, but Trump stands alone atop bullshit mountain.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2017, 05:57:48 pm »

patric, that is an excellent assessment of how we got to a point in civilization where reporters think they are owed anything they want.  Wink

Look I ain't saying Gianforte didn't do something incredibly stupid. But his stupid behavior doesn't excuse stupid behavior exhibited all the time by pushy reporters that in my opinion cross a lot of lines, all because "it is their right". I'm about sick of people granting themselves rights.

The men who founded this country seemed to feel that the pursuit of truth was so much a right they put first on the list.

As far as Gianforte, his sin wasnt so much A&B on a reporter but issuing "alternative facts" blaming the victim; that, and apparently being too stupid to realize the recorder the reporter had in his hand might actually be recording.

When your political gameplan is built on making up your own facts, of course your biggest threat are the people whose job it is to investigate those facts.  Gianforte might never roll another reporter again, but he's demonstrated he has no qualms about adjusting the truth to suit his needs.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2017, 06:11:15 pm »

Well, the people of Montana do not seem to care what the founding fathers think about the press, or who's facts to believe. They are probably like many of us and don't care about whiny reporters. I just thought this whole thing was hilarious given all the beatings that left-wingers/pu$$iss have been handing out on conservatives on college campuses and rallies.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2017, 08:56:35 pm »

The b@itch Slap heard round the World.....

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2017, 09:38:05 am »

Well, the people of Montana do not seem to care what the founding fathers think about the press, or who's facts to believe. They are probably like many of us and don't care about whiny reporters. I just thought this whole thing was hilarious given all the beatings that left-wingers/pu$$iss have been handing out on conservatives on college campuses and rallies.

The people making America great Vs the people who made America?   Their ignorance is a weakness, not a strength.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2017, 09:04:53 pm »

The people making America great Vs the people who made America?   Their ignorance is a weakness, not a strength.

And where do you fit in the "make America great" and "made America great"? Are you in the "I do jack smile and choose to b*tch" group of people?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2017, 10:30:19 am »

Thats simply not true.  The powerful must always be held accountible, from the head of state tapping out 140 characters in the dead of night to the frightened cop with his finger on the trigger, we know we have the right to know the truth from people who claim to act on our behalf.
Montana was just the latest representation of people taking their freedom for granted.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 10:14:28 am »

‘Lie after lie after lie’: Fox News’s Shepard Smith has a Cronkite moment on Russia
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/14/lie-after-lie-after-lie-fox-news-shepard-smith-has-a-cronkite-moment-on-russia/

“There are still people out there who believe we’re making it up, and one day they’re gonna realize we’re not, and look around and go, ‘Where are we? And why are we getting told all these lies?’”

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2017, 06:47:39 pm »

patric, that is an excellent assessment of how we got to a point in civilization where reporters think they are owed anything they want.  Wink

Look I ain't saying Gianforte didn't do something incredibly stupid. But his stupid behavior doesn't excuse stupid behavior exhibited all the time by pushy reporters that in my opinion cross a lot of lines, all because "it is their right". I'm about sick of people granting themselves rights.

Actually, in case you missed it in school...the First Amendment acknowledges and openly STATES that right.  It's that free press thing....

That pesky Constitution shooting down right wing extremist BS again...  Way to go Montana!  Going against the Constitution just like Okrahoma does!!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 06:49:20 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2018, 06:24:07 pm »

A new FoxNews.com article contradicts wild claims made by, among others, Fox News’s leading television hosts.
https://www.vox.com/world/2018/1/24/16929776/fbi-texts-fox-news

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2018, 10:32:05 am »

A new FoxNews.com article contradicts wild claims made by, among others, Fox News’s leading television hosts.
https://www.vox.com/world/2018/1/24/16929776/fbi-texts-fox-news

It's Fake Fox News.  Why would anyone expect anything different.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2018, 08:09:53 pm »

Fox News host Tucker Carlson slammed President Trump for calling this week to confiscate guns without due process.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2018/03/02/what-does-it-take-for-fox-news-stars-to-turn-on-trump-we-are-finding-out

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2018, 07:42:49 pm »

Fox News commentator exits with a searing attack on Fox News

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/fox-news-commentator-exits-with-a-searing-attack-on-fox-news/2018/03/20/fc876fc4-2c81-11e8-8ad6-fbc50284fce8_story.html

“In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration,” Colonel Peters wrote in his message, a copy of which was obtained by The New York Times.
“Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association,” he added. “Now I am ashamed.”

“When prime-time hosts — who have never served our country in any capacity — dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest attacks on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller — all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of ‘deep-state’ machinations — I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove. To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.”

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2018, 10:19:41 pm »

Fox News commentator exits with a searing attack on Fox News

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/fox-news-commentator-exits-with-a-searing-attack-on-fox-news/2018/03/20/fc876fc4-2c81-11e8-8ad6-fbc50284fce8_story.html

“In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration,” Colonel Peters wrote in his message, a copy of which was obtained by The New York Times.
“Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association,” he added. “Now I am ashamed.”

“When prime-time hosts — who have never served our country in any capacity — dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest attacks on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller — all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of ‘deep-state’ machinations — I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove. To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.”

The Colonel makes it sound as if Fox is the only one wittingly harming our system of government for a profit. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2018, 07:56:52 am »

The Colonel makes it sound as if Fox is the only one wittingly harming our system of government for a profit. 

Sure, but don't fall into the trap of believing that Fox News, Infowars, or RT are just the right wing versions of CNN, Washington Post, or the New York Times.  Objectively, that simply isn't true. You can look at fact checking or narrative, it simply isn't an equivalency.

The narrative has shifted far to the right. What would have been considered slightly right a few years back is now being called leftist on many "sources."  Simply because some want to shift the narrative far to the right, it doesn't shift the entire political spectrum. One side has gone so far, it's tempting to shift the center.  Don't fall for it.

Absurd examples:

A:  Lets round up everyone with red shoes and ship them off the planet!

B. Whoa!  That's crazy.  No way.  Lets treat them like regular citizens.

A. Okay, then lets just round them up, take all their property and deny them the right to vote.

B. Gee, that seems like the middle ground.  It must not be left or right, but center!

or

A. Nazis are bad.

B. Nazis are good.

Central?: Some Nazis are very fine people.

or

A. The Campaign knowingly met with representatives of a hostile foreign nation with the intent of gaining a campaign advantage against its rival.

B. Not it didn't, if it did it didn't matter, if it matters someone else did something worse.

Centrist?: Maybe they did, but it might not have mattered.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org