A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:12:24 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another brewery in Downtown Tulsa: Welltown  (Read 60822 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2017, 10:04:44 pm »

American Solera, it's in the smallish stand alone building east of the fire station.

Yeah, the building used to be a catering business. It's just going to be a taproom.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 11:03:21 pm »

I do believe High Gravity is planning a tap room at it's new location at 68th & Memorial near Sun & Ski so there's three others not already mentioned.

They are planning a Tap Room.  It's on their gofundme page.
https://www.gofundme.com/highgravitybrew

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 05:57:57 am »

Downtown is saturated....Good luck...

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 07:24:33 am »

Downtown is saturated....Good luck...

I thought about that but resolved it in the other direction. What makes you think it's saturated?
saintnicster
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 09:31:15 am »

How do these things not show up in my unread posts section...?  Geez...  Nope, did not see that one.  And I just went through all the unreads earlier today...
Ah.

It's a hidden in plain sight thing, but when the "unread" page is empty, the blue bar says "No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics.".  That "click here to try all unread topics" part is actually a link, but not highlighted/underlined like some would expect.  If you have busy days where there were actually multiple pages of unread stuff, it might have been buried.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 11:38:03 am »

I thought about that but resolved it in the other direction. What makes you think it's saturated?

Places that are there are in the Red.....

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 01:15:56 pm »

FAIK, Kolibri and Nothing's Left Brewing are also still planning to open in the Tulsa area though I've not heard anything about either of those two entries lately.  I do believe High Gravity is planning a tap room at it's new location at 68th & Memorial near Sun & Ski so there's three others not already mentioned.

Ah! Kolibri and Nothing's Left were the two I had heard about but had forgotten their names!

What is FAIK? I haven't heard of that and couldn't find anything searching for FAIK Tulsa brewery.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 01:25:09 pm »

Places that are there are in the Red.....

It does seem saturated both in drinks and food. When you go to just about any of the non-"pillar" restaurants on a weekday evening and they're mostly empty (The pillars of downtown food places that are really popular such as McNellies, Laffa, Prairie brewpub, Dilly Diner, Chimera, etc seem to have business every time I go). Plus there are so many bars and places to get a drink, I wonder how they can all stay in business, especially with how nice a lot of them are like the Bull in the Alley or Mixco.

It must be tough to compete with so many new places opening up in a relatively short span. Luckys was great the few times we went there but never went back because there are just so many other places to go.

American Solera is popular enough with a cult-following that I think they can succeed at 18th & Boston, especially with revenue from beer sales elsewhere helping to whether any storms. Plus that is becoming a niche of the "Best of Tulsa" with the best coffee (Doubleshot), the best BBQ (Burn Co.) and now the best (rated) beer company in Oklahoma.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 01:27:35 pm »

Is 18th and Boston not getting a brewery.....Huh

As far as I understand it, they plan to brew really small batches there.

American Solera is already a microbrewery making small batches at their west 21st st location, so maybe the 18th and boston will be a nano-brewery!  Cheesy
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 03:52:40 pm »

What is FAIK? I haven't heard of that and couldn't find anything searching for FAIK Tulsa brewery.

"Far As I Know..." Don't worry. Took me a minute, too.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2017, 12:14:22 pm »

My shot in the dark guess at location is the bottom floor of East End Village (old Bill White Chevy).  The glass covered corner is perfect for a taproom and it would seem there is plenty of space in other areas of that ground floor for a brewhouse. 
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2017, 10:30:05 am »

What about next to Classic Cigar Lounge in the Brady? I've seen construction over there, and thought it would be a restaurant/extension of Classic. But maybe it's a good little brewery spot?
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 10:41:09 am »

I hope not. I hate having to walk by the smokers sitting on the patio. Waste of the patios on that block.  Undecided

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2017, 12:27:22 pm »

I'm also worried about the market being flooded with all these new taphouses, but it's a good problem to have. We've come a long way from just a few years ago.

Now is the time for all these places to really start diversifying more. Prairie has some good food, Elgin park has its pizza, McNellie's has the Irish pub thing down, there's the Max with the games angle, etc. etc. It's going to get interesting trying to find something to entice customers now that all the obvious concepts have been taken up. I mean, other than good beer...
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2017, 12:39:30 pm »

As far as I understand it, they plan to brew really small batches there.

American Solera is already a microbrewery making small batches at their west 21st st location, so maybe the 18th and boston will be a nano-brewery!  Cheesy

If they brewed anything it will be miniscule. I think the deal is that they put some barrels there and there might be things fermented there or aged there but not necessarily brewed there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org