A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:06:57 am
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454827 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #840 on: May 05, 2017, 12:06:38 pm »

So personal stories about "pre-existing" conditions.

I had one child that was born with an abnormally shaped head. None of the "fixes" were covered under my "Obamacare"acceptable plan because he was born that way. He was not "injured" and needed rehab.

Same for another child that did not speak for a few years after his birth. If it was rehab it would have been covered. But since he couldn't speak at birth it's just considered something insurance won't pay for.

Fun times.

So hey, let's do better than crappy Obamacare, I'm all for that. Obamacare was just the best of what was possible at that time. We need single payer.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #841 on: May 05, 2017, 12:11:44 pm »

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #842 on: May 05, 2017, 12:51:18 pm »

Why is Swoke so damned obsessed about the group of people that are already paying the lion share of taxes that provides all the services this country provides still not paying enough. Get over your wealth envy and grow up. Believe it or not, there will always be those that work harder and sacrificed more than you to achieve, and that because of that effort will have nicer stuff than you.

You really want to make a point? Instead of whining, how about you volunteer to pay more in taxes or write a check to the U.S. Treasury to help. Then try "guilting" those with more.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #843 on: May 05, 2017, 01:37:01 pm »

Why is Swoke so damned obsessed about the group of people that are already paying the lion share of taxes that provides all the services this country provides still not paying enough. Get over your wealth envy and grow up. Believe it or not, there will always be those that work harder and sacrificed more than you to achieve, and that because of that effort will have nicer stuff than you.

You really want to make a point? Instead of whining, how about you volunteer to pay more in taxes or write a check to the U.S. Treasury to help. Then try "guilting" those with more.

Good points Mr Charity and Giving.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #844 on: May 05, 2017, 05:06:37 pm »

We need single payer.

So everyone can get least common denominator care and the rich can get the best with supplemental private insurance.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #845 on: May 05, 2017, 06:39:52 pm »

So everyone can get least common denominator care and the rich can get the best with supplemental private insurance.

It seems to work well in literally every other single developed nation, most of which have superior health care.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #846 on: May 05, 2017, 06:54:49 pm »

It seems to work well in literally every other single developed nation, most of which have superior health care.

I still say increase the deduction on paychecks for medicare and give EVERYONE Medicare.  I've been advocating this for years now.  Medicare, while not perfect, is still better than the ACA or whatever pile the GOP is fixing to foist on the public.

And if the health insurance industry dies in the process?  So be it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #847 on: May 05, 2017, 09:54:47 pm »

I have no personal experience with other countries' health care. I only know what I have read.  What I have read is that there are often long delays in coverage, lack of coverage for non-life threatening issues and the need for supplemental coverage.  If someone needs supplemental coverage, it is no longer single payer.

Our system, both before and during ACA, leaves a lot to be desired but the panacea of "single payer" ignores the practical implementation of that system too.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #848 on: May 05, 2017, 10:09:28 pm »

I have no personal experience with other countries' health care. I only know what I have read.  What I have read is that there are often long delays in coverage, lack of coverage for non-life threatening issues and the need for supplemental coverage.  If someone needs supplemental coverage, it is no longer single payer.

Our system, both before and during ACA, leaves a lot to be desired but the panacea of "single payer" ignores the practical implementation of that system too.

The problem I have (out of both personal and second-hand experience) is that needing a medical procedure should NEVER bankrupt a family.  Before the ACA, that was all too common.  It still happens, but not at the same rate.

The example I cite is the week my mother went into the hospital before she passed away...the week after the funeral I received a statement for that final 6 day stay at St John's.  My mother was disabled, so luckily for her, she had both Medicare, and the deductible was covered by SoonerCare.  The statement amount for 6 days in the ICU where the damned staff at St John couldn't figure out what to do that eventually caused her death (perforated intesting) was over $40,000.  That would bankrupt most people but luckily Medicare/SoonerCare paid for all of it...well, save for a Doctor's consult for 9 dollars that Works and Lentz tried to collect on.  When they called me about it, I told them to try and collect it from her if they wanted.  These collection attorneys are really quite the lot.

Out and out fleecing.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:11:37 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #849 on: May 05, 2017, 10:21:53 pm »

I still say increase the deduction on paychecks for medicare and give EVERYONE Medicare.  I've been advocating this for years now.  Medicare, while not perfect, is still better than the ACA or whatever pile the GOP is fixing to foist on the public.

And if the health insurance industry dies in the process?  So be it.

We actually agree on this.  It meets my criteria that everyone pay at least something for the coverage.  The level of payments doesn't need to be completely pay for coverage at lower income levels IMO, but some contribution should be required.  As you approach age 65, you will be inundated with all kinds of plans for supplemental insurance.  Medicare does not guarantee a maximum out of pocket expense.

One scenario I have thought about is kind of the reverse of universal single payer coverage.  it would be that the government would provide universal coverage, without limits, above some limit.  Pick a number... say $1 Million.  Below that number, the present insurance industry would be responsible.  Above that number, "Universal" coverage from a Medicare type tax would pay, without limits, for whatever happened.  That would keep the insurance industry from being on the hook for devastating issues but keep the government from covering the mundane.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #850 on: May 05, 2017, 11:11:46 pm »

The problem I have (out of both personal and second-hand experience) is that needing a medical procedure should NEVER bankrupt a family.  Before the ACA, that was all too common.  It still happens, but not at the same rate.

The example I cite is the week my mother went into the hospital before she passed away...the week after the funeral I received a statement for that final 6 day stay at St John's.  My mother was disabled, so luckily for her, she had both Medicare, and the deductible was covered by SoonerCare.  The statement amount for 6 days in the ICU where the damned staff at St John couldn't figure out what to do that eventually caused her death (perforated intesting) was over $40,000.  That would bankrupt most people but luckily Medicare/SoonerCare paid for all of it...well, save for a Doctor's consult for 9 dollars that Works and Lentz tried to collect on.  When they called me about it, I told them to try and collect it from her if they wanted.  These collection attorneys are really quite the lot.

Out and out fleecing.

I have a similar experience.  My mother passed two years ago.  Hillcrest claimed a bill of about $6500.  They said Aetna (not my favorite) claimed dual billing from the Skilled Nursing Center and Hillcrest. This was not the case.  Then Hillcrest said  that since my mom was widowed, the bill could be dismissed if I sent in a death certificate. I did that and a few months later I received a bill from a collection agency.  I am still fighting that.

I have ZERO, NADA, ... sympathy for the health care insurance companies in the USA.  I could be happy if they were ALL run out of business by some kind of universal coverage.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #851 on: May 06, 2017, 12:15:22 am »

I have a similar experience.  My mother passed two years ago.  Hillcrest claimed a bill of about $6500.  They said Aetna (not my favorite) claimed dual billing from the Skilled Nursing Center and Hillcrest. This was not the case.  Then Hillcrest said  that since my mom was widowed, the bill could be dismissed if I sent in a death certificate. I did that and a few months later I received a bill from a collection agency.  I am still fighting that.

I have ZERO, NADA, ... sympathy for the health care insurance companies in the USA.  I could be happy if they were ALL run out of business by some kind of universal coverage.

Not trying to pigeon-hole you here RA, but that is a little surprising coming from a known conservative like yourself.  I wish there were more of you, that didn't treat healthcare as a market commodity and treated it as a basic human right...like so many other countries do.

There's hope for you yet.   Grin

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #852 on: May 06, 2017, 08:22:59 am »

There's hope for you yet.   Grin

I doubt it.

Grin

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #853 on: May 06, 2017, 10:17:05 pm »

Some enlightening information from some bozo with an alleged "preexisting" condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30ZhPidmLBQ

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #854 on: May 06, 2017, 11:17:31 pm »

Good points Mr Charity and Giving.

You're welcome, Mr. Freeloader and moocher. And I love this meme of Jesus explaining charity to democrats.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org