A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:41:52 am
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454956 times)
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #780 on: April 25, 2017, 06:55:29 pm »

Saw this on my FB feed today and thought it funny.

https://www.facebook.com/TheOther98/videos/1805766459434324/

I'm actually quite pleased at the first 100 days, and not at all surprised. Nothing really notable happened, therefore nothing really bad happened. I believe I may have even made comments on this board that Trump would likely be not near as threatening to the republic as some were making it out to be (I'm looking at you Swake). I'm sure this comment will be mis-read into something that means that I think Trump is great and Clinton is evil and I'm wrong and you all are right. I wonder where my cynicism comes from because in my real life, I am generally known as an eternal optimist who thinks the best of everyone (to a fault).

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #781 on: April 25, 2017, 07:01:38 pm »

You anti-Hillary types always gloss over the fact that she won the popular vote by some 3 million.

If  that's all she could beat the Trumpster by, she deserved to lose the Electoral College vote.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #782 on: April 25, 2017, 10:10:36 pm »

Can you guys even read for pete sake. You are having an argument against a figment of your imaginations. Coincidentally, you always seem to win.

The only person here that claimed ANYONE was innocent was herion claiming Clinton was. Period. End of story. You guys are the ones projecting.  

I almost hate to use your own words on you, but re-read your first sentence above.

I did NOT claim Clinton - either one of them - was innocent!   The RWRE amongst us puts me in a position I really don't care for - appearing to defend the Clintons, which I am not, I am arguing against the lies about them...big difference.  I don't like the Clinton's very much at all, but for the right reasons - real reasons related to actions and policies I disagree with.  I don't dislike them for the made up sound bite lies perpetrated by that RWRE.

What I did say, I repeat;

"As for "Killary" - well, if you ever wanna go beyond the sound bite world, check into the comments and books by Kenneth Starr and David Brock.  The guys who were employed and paid to make up and spread most of the lies you have grown up with about the Clinton's....  They may not be "innocent" but they certainly are not guilty - especially when you do a side by side comparison of the people going after them the most.  Goes to perspective...as always!"

I encourage anyone to go see what these two guys have said about them and what they did for many years at the bidding of the RWRE shadow government - headed up by the Republican party - as specifically stated by David Brock.  So if the guys who were paid to make up the lies and spewed them for decades turn around and admit they were lies, then what is it one should take away from that??   Real question - will take some thought to come up with a post-sound-bite answer.... please try!

As for perspective, well, it goes to the idea of the mote in one's eye versus the beam in the RWRE eye....explanation/elaboration in the Bible if one is interested.  Personally, I tend to put added "bad" weight on things that are much worse.  Couple of examples...Billy Bob lied to us about an event in the Oval office that left stains.  I consider that to be a "1" unit of lying.  At the same time, the main Inquisitor - Newt - was in the middle of a 10+ year episode where he had his w$ore, all the while not just lying about it to us, but pontificating about Billy Bob - not to mention the episode at his real wife's hospital bed.  I consider that to be at least 2 units and if there were proportional allocation, it would probably be something along the lines of giving Billy 1 "year" credit for his one event, while Newt would get 10 units for his 10+ years event.  What proportion would you put on it?  We know what Fake Fox News says - Newt is a great American hero, sort of...

Or apply Billy Bob's 1 unit of lying and compare to Baby Bush lying about Iraq to get us into the wrong war - not only squandering $4 trillion dollars...which I would gladly forget all about IF we could get the more than 4,000 of our kids back who were killed in that horrible event plus undo the damage done to the tens of thousands who were wounded/injured !!   I would say spend another $4 trillion if we could get them back!

But in Fake Fox News world, that is still considered a noble quest - even though we are still living with the ridiculous adverse effects from it.  How do you feel about it??  Was Billy Bob's lie the same as Baby Bush's?? That is what the meaning of perspective is... as I have explained repeatedly and will likely have to continue to explain to the sound bite denizens.

EDIT;

One more thing - along with squandering trillions, killing thousands and wounding tens of thousands more of our own - we haven't even talked lately about the horrendous toll on the other side!!   One of the justifications we heard for this carp was that Saddam Hussein was so evil because over the 25 years or so he was in business, he killed an estimated 75,000 to 200,000 of his own people!  So, we go in and end up killing somewhere around 900,000 to 1 million civilians.  Men, women, and children.  Not many men left in that toll because so many had already been killed in our and other wars.   

Now we are being groomed to go into another war with Syria and Iran.  Guess we haven't satisfied that desire to kill millions, huh?   Not to mention what is gonna go on in Korea.    Yeah, we are gonna "make America great again..."   Trumpy's have so much to be proud about !!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 11:12:59 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #783 on: April 25, 2017, 10:44:26 pm »

If  that's all she could beat the Trumpster by, she deserved to lose the Electoral College vote.

She would have won by 5 million votes, if it wasn't of course for the Russians.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #784 on: April 26, 2017, 08:38:10 am »

She won by more than Bush in 2004, Carter in76, Gore in 2000, Kennedy in 1960 and Nixon in 1968. But, I agree, she lost the Electoral College vote and that was the one that mattered. We have become a pretty ignorant voting population that trump could even make it through the primary.

onward...through the fog
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #785 on: April 26, 2017, 08:43:20 am »

She would have won by 5 million votes, if it wasn't of course for the Russians.

Ha! Good to see you moving towards the light! Flynn turns out to be an agent for the Russians. The other agent, Manafort and the rest of the crew did do damage but unclear how much. Money and influence are easy to hide from this Congress.

onward...through the fog
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #786 on: April 26, 2017, 09:23:15 am »

Ha! Good to see you moving towards the light! Flynn turns out to be an agent for the Russians. The other agent, Manafort and the rest of the crew did do damage but unclear how much. Money and influence are easy to hide from this Congress.

Don't forget Comey disclosing the reopening of the investigation into Clinton and NOT disclosing the investigation into Trump.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #787 on: April 26, 2017, 09:36:47 am »

We have become a pretty ignorant voting population that trump could even make it through the primary.

Shut the interwebz down for the rest of the day.  Aqua wins!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #788 on: April 26, 2017, 09:49:27 am »

Don't forget Comey disclosing the reopening of the investigation into Clinton and NOT disclosing the investigation into Trump.

Serious?  There was more than enough bad publicity from claims of corrupt business practices, rape, and pedophilia going around about Trump.  He was assaulted from the get go by recalcitrant influential Republicans who were still refusing to jump in the boat with him after the primaries.  Admit it, Hillary IS the whole reason Trump got elected, she was a horrible candidate.  

Not Russian conspiracies.
Not Comey reopening an investigation into Clinton.
Not inflammatory DNC emails.

Hillary was a bad candidate from the start.  Her charisma is fake as all get out, the Clintons embody the corruption associated with Washington in modern times.

The DNC failed by rigging the primary system in her favor and by not encouraging someone stronger than Bernie to run against her in the primary.  Bernie was little more than a shill to energize the more left leaning and young idealists in the party as HRC could be seen as being a dowdy moderate based on experience from WJC’s years in the White House.

Look what won them the White House in 1992 and 2008- young charismatic candidates people could feel good about voting for.  Had the Democrats run someone like Julian Castro, I doubt we’d be listening to all these lame conspiracy theories about why Trump won, he would have been soundly defeated.

I also still don’t think the U.S. is ready for a female POTUS.  I believe we will have a Hispanic POTUS before we have a female.  YMMV.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #789 on: April 26, 2017, 09:57:43 am »

Serious?  There was more than enough bad publicity from claims of corrupt business practices, rape, and pedophilia going around about Trump.  He was assaulted from the get go by recalcitrant influential Republicans who were still refusing to jump in the boat with him after the primaries.  Admit it, Hillary IS the whole reason Trump got elected, she was a horrible candidate.  

Not Russian conspiracies.
Not Comey reopening an investigation into Clinton.
Not inflammatory DNC emails.

Hillary was a bad candidate from the start.  Her charisma is fake as all get out, the Clintons embody the corruption associated with Washington in modern times.

The DNC failed by rigging the primary system in her favor and by not encouraging someone stronger than Bernie to run against her in the primary.  Bernie was little more than a shill to energize the more left leaning and young idealists in the party as HRC could be seen as being a dowdy moderate based on experience from WJC’s years in the White House.

Look what won them the White House in 1992 and 2008- young charismatic candidates people could feel good about voting for.  Had the Democrats run someone like Julian Castro, I doubt we’d be listening to all these lame conspiracy theories about why Trump won, he would have been soundly defeated.

I also still don’t think the U.S. is ready for a female POTUS.  I believe we will have a Hispanic POTUS before we have a female.  YMMV.

And even as bad as she was, she still got way more popular vote, and in reality barely missed on the electoral vote...in basically 3 states where a total of about 100,000 made the difference....that is squeaky close! 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #790 on: April 26, 2017, 12:50:20 pm »

And even as bad as she was, she still got way more popular vote, and in reality barely missed on the electoral vote...in basically 3 states where a total of about 100,000 made the difference....that is squeaky close! 

If if’n and buts were candy and nuts, it would be Christmas every day.  She lost her bid for the White House, end of story.   

It’s binary.  You win or you lose.  She lost because she was a bad candidate.  Seriously, how bucking bad do you have to be to lose to Donald Trump?

The Democrats lost the White House because their leadership the Clintons made sure the DNC would make HRC the candidate.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #791 on: April 26, 2017, 04:15:47 pm »

Saw this on FB, not sure if accurate. If so, it has my blessing.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #792 on: April 26, 2017, 05:01:57 pm »

Saw this on FB, not sure if accurate. If so, it has my blessing.

Color me shocked.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #793 on: April 26, 2017, 05:36:15 pm »

Color me shocked.

And color me shocked if you oppose this.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #794 on: April 26, 2017, 06:03:02 pm »

Color me shocked.

One of the administration's talking heads said that the "business tax cuts will pay for themselves through growth." Methinks I've heard this before.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org