A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:13:23 am
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1476983 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3390 on: June 12, 2018, 07:46:23 am »

I should have said what I was thinking much better- no one seems to be aware of a sit down between the two country's leaders since WWII or the Korean War era.  Anyone who even has half an interest in national news knows there's been a game of nuclear Pyongyang (get it ping pong?) for quite some time.

Since Korea.  No top leaders have met on any of the sides....US, NK, SK.  

WWII Korea was under Japanese occupation.  As was China.  Lots of wars, fought in a lot of directions at that time in that area.  Two China's.  French with two Vietnamese factions.  2 Koreas.  Japan against everyone.

Most has settled down for the last few decades.  We still treat NK like we did, and are again, Cuba, even though the real antagonists in both cases are our good buddies now.  So much institutionalized ignorance.   Too many Barry Goldwater/Breadburner types getting into positions of influence.

Check out the document Trump/Un signed.  Bunch of meaningless drivel, but better than shooting.  Don't expect much too soon.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3391 on: June 12, 2018, 07:53:14 am »

I think you and I are talking about two different things. I thought your response was to my claim that no president since Kennedy stood up to our OWN military complex.

Jerald Ford.   He was the best President we had since Eisenhower, and better than all of them since.

The American people have not stood up to the M/I complex at all.  We glorify our imperialistic voyeurism and have somehow deluded ourselves that mercenaries are better approach than citizen soldiers (like our Revolutionary Army)!!  In spite of the clear and obvious evidence from EVERY civilization in the history of mankind that has collapsed once they reached that point!   But hey, it's only our grandkids who are gonna take the brunt of that particular bit of stupidity...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3392 on: June 12, 2018, 08:02:10 am »

I'm hopeful on North Korea.  I'm glad that Fox News and other conservatives have completely changed their opinion on discussions with adversaries (remember how horrible it was when Obama did it?).  I'm hopeful we can work something out, but...

I'm not optimistic that either the US or North Korea are reliable on this deal.  North Korea has promised to get rid of nukes plenty of times before, only to go back on that promise.  And, to be fair, I have to admit that the US has given North Korea plenty of excuses to go back on the deals:

1953 - US agrees to armistice and not to introduce new weapons onto the Korean Peninsula
1958 - US introduces nuclear rockets, artillery, and later nuclear cruise missiles against armistice agreement and wishes of allies
1963 - NK asks, but China and the USSR refuse to give North Korea nukes (provided a research reactor)
1985 - N.K. signs non-proliferation treaty
1991 - US pulls nukes out of South Korea (as part of Cold War warp up)
1993 - accused of breaking the treaty, NK pulls out of the treaty
1994 - "agreed framework":  NK stops nuclear program, inspectors ensure compliance, the US provides 2 nuclear power plants, work towards normalizing relations
1995 - Congress blocks implementing the deal, the US doesn't live up to its end of the deal
2002 - NK expels nuclear inspectors and pulls out of the 1994 agreement
2006 - North Korea successfully tests a nuclear weapon
2017 - North Korea tests long range missile that can reach parts of the US

https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/north-korea-and-americas-long-history-of-broken-promises-to-find-peace-20171122-gzqnx8.html

North Korea is a dictatorship that kidnaps and executes people and makes up its own history while threatening a repeat of the war it started with South Korea. I'm not saying the US is responsible for any of that. But it is important to know how we got to this point. While it is a footnote for us, this has been the focus of the North for two generations. They are well aware of the timeline above and view it as the reason they don't trust the US.  

Of course everything is more complicated than that, but from their perspective, it's not - and we have to deal with the reality that a dictator's perspective has created.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:12:03 am by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3393 on: June 12, 2018, 08:21:20 am »

Feeding the delusional among us....the Fake Fox News Fanboys....

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/exclusive-trust-him-trump-opens-kim-historic-summit-110704611--abc-news-topstories.html

No doubt at all the Kim is 100% trustworthy and will make a GREAT bargaining partner!   Just like Putin...!!

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3394 on: June 12, 2018, 10:52:53 am »

No, every president has been able to get them to the table, they have chosen not to do so without having South Korea, Japan, China and other present and without major concessions. Meeting one on one as equals without conditions is a huge win for Kim and solidifies his leadership internally and with China.

He is playing Trump like a violin.

Kim's irrationality has been completely intelligent and strategic while Trump feels no need to prepare and is working by feelings. What could go wrong?

I hope he is different from his father and grandfather, but his actions and game play have been no different.

Trump got played. Not only did Kim get his meeting and photo op as equals he also got a huge concession in our stopping war games with South Korea. And in return he agreed to nothing concrete or real. China is already calling for sanctions to be lifted in the UN Security Council.

And Now This:
https://nowthisnews.com/videos/politics/fox-news-different-reactions-regarding-negotiations-with-north-korea
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 11:09:13 am by swake » Logged
joiei
City Father

« Reply #3395 on: June 12, 2018, 11:24:38 am »

How soon before we start to see Trump hotels and resorts popping up in North Korea?

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3396 on: June 12, 2018, 12:21:09 pm »

Trump got played. Not only did Kim get his meeting and photo op as equals he also got a huge concession in our stopping war games with South Korea. And in return he agreed to nothing concrete or real. China is already calling for sanctions to be lifted in the UN Security Council.

And Now This:
https://nowthisnews.com/videos/politics/fox-news-different-reactions-regarding-negotiations-with-north-korea

I doubt these talking heads exactly represent a collective IQ of 160, swake  Grin

Oh and the obligatory: "You just cited Fox News???"  SMH!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3397 on: June 12, 2018, 01:05:34 pm »

And Now This:

How'w that knee feeling...Might want to switch off every now and then...

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3398 on: June 12, 2018, 01:06:17 pm »

How soon before we start to see Trump hotels and resorts popping up in North Korea?

About as fast as we see you stop yammering about Obama....

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3399 on: June 12, 2018, 01:39:13 pm »

How'w that knee feeling...Might want to switch off every now and then...

What the love are you blabbering about? Try to make even a little sense, k?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3400 on: June 12, 2018, 03:46:10 pm »

What the love are you blabbering about? Try to make even a little sense, k?

He can't.  He is like sauerkraut with a potty fetish.  And fewer functioning neurons.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3401 on: June 12, 2018, 06:00:14 pm »

He can't.  He is like sauerkraut with a potty fetish.  And fewer functioning neurons.

And you are the abject contrairian just like Juan Williams, and sound like the same broken record that he is.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 07:38:38 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3402 on: June 12, 2018, 06:23:54 pm »

Is the T.F.N. C.j.C ready for their Crow...Probably going to take a least a year to eat it all....

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3403 on: June 12, 2018, 06:24:35 pm »

He can't.  He is like sauerkraut with a potty fetish.  And fewer functioning neurons.

Oh the Irony...LoL...!!!

rebound
City Father

« Reply #3404 on: June 12, 2018, 06:30:27 pm »

Unlike the toaster of baguettes, I thought this was pretty good and something that is always in the back of my mind. What's in it for him, personally?

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org