A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:25:02 pm
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1472729 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3210 on: May 31, 2018, 11:16:44 am »

Trump says he is considering pardoning Martha Stewart and Rod Blagojevich

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/31/politics/martha-stewart-rod-blagojevich-trump-pardons/index.html

Both cases have significant connections to the special counsel's investigation that has hung over Trump for over a year.  ... both were stars with Trump on NBC's "The Apprentice" franchise.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3211 on: May 31, 2018, 11:21:10 am »

Melania's not been seen in 20 days...you'd think they would've had the surgery done on her stand-in by now.

Think Melania II will hold Trump's hand?
TeeDub
« Reply #3212 on: May 31, 2018, 11:37:57 am »

Pardons happen.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/obama-pardons

Although it seems silly to pardon people already out of jail.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3213 on: May 31, 2018, 11:53:23 am »

Although it seems silly to pardon people already out of jail.

Unless you want to trick your gullible base into thinking you control other branches of the government.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3214 on: May 31, 2018, 12:31:32 pm »

The excuses and "whataboutism" from the Trump supporters is mind bending. Generally, all the damning evidence, crazy actions, or overt lies are just glossed over.

Trump thinks about pardoning some more celebrities - well, President's pardon people right! 
Trump hires a new XYZ - only the best people!
Trump fires an XYZ - *silence*
The President just flat out makes up a bunch of crap to please a crowd - well some celebrity said something stupid!
Trump sets up a meeting with N Korea - brilliant, talking to enemies can solve problems, PEACE  PRIZE!
Trump calls off meeting with N Korea - brilliant, talking to enemies is a stupid libtard thing to do, we have giant nukes!
A handful of new damning things come out about the Russia Investigation, Trump associates ongoing legal troubles, or more business dealings for personal gain - conspiracy theories, fake news, or silence.

It isn't even a political debate.  It's just one side saying "what in the hell?" over and over and the other side simply not caring. There are sparks flying all over the place, and Nero is making sure the hands on the new statute of himself are big enough.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3215 on: May 31, 2018, 12:40:54 pm »

It isn't even a political debate.  It's just one side saying "what in the hell?" over and over and the other side simply not caring. There are sparks flying all over the place, and Nero is making sure the hands on the new statute of himself are big enough.

Not exactly. I think it's more confusion as to why in one case it is wise and smart to utilize celebrity star power to push a worthy cause (prison reform), and in another case it's not.

Neither are particularly stupid. Yes, having an "expert" come in and discuss it is preferred, but I highly suspect that they did and it didn't make it into the news. Celebrities do make the news, which is the point. They are useful idiots, but useful none the less.

None of this comment was aimed at the pardons. Haven't really read anything about them yet except for the boxer the other day, which in my opinion, was deserved, even if decidedly too late.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3216 on: May 31, 2018, 12:46:40 pm »

Not exactly. I think it's more confusion as to why in one case it is wise and smart to utilize celebrity star power to push a worthy cause (prison reform), and in another case it's not.

Neither are particularly stupid. Yes, having an "expert" come in and discuss it is preferred, but I highly suspect that they did and it didn't make it into the news. Celebrities do make the news, which is the point. They are useful idiots, but useful none the less.

None of this comment was aimed at the pardons. Haven't really read anything about them yet except for the boxer the other day, which in my opinion, was deserved, even if decidedly too late.

Presumably most celebrities are at least somewhat intelligent people famous for being gifted with some talent and charisma. Remind me what Kardashian's "talent" is because her charisma is something like nails on a chalkboard and her intelligence is somewhat just above "can form words". 
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3217 on: May 31, 2018, 12:51:15 pm »

I wasn't addressing this topic, but I agree with that.  But I think the fear is that other Presidents read up on the matter, discussed it with their advisers, and then sought out celebrities to help sell their message; while this President brags that he doesn't read, doesn't need to listen to his advisers, and seems to change his stance depending on whoever he is talking to at the moment. Being famous for being famous doesn't  preclude Kim Kardashian from knowing about whatever topic she espouses, but the concern is that she is the President's primary source of information on the topic. This was not a meeting for the President to sell his policy to the masses, he was formulating a policy.

Two reality TV stars making national policy decisions is surreal.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3218 on: May 31, 2018, 01:37:27 pm »

I wasn't addressing this topic, but I agree with that.  But I think the fear is that other Presidents read up on the matter, discussed it with their advisers, and then sought out celebrities to help sell their message; while this President brags that he doesn't read, doesn't need to listen to his advisers, and seems to change his stance depending on whoever he is talking to at the moment. Being famous for being famous doesn't  preclude Kim Kardashian from knowing about whatever topic she espouses, but the concern is that she is the President's primary source of information on the topic. This was not a meeting for the President to sell his policy to the masses, he was formulating a policy.

Two reality TV stars making national policy decisions is surreal.

In all honesty, at what point do I take him at his word then?

Why is it unfathomable that he BSs about reading and seeking the advice of people that really are experts on the matter?

If I am to take his detractors word for it, I should believe him when he says things that are negative about himself and not believe him when he pumps himself up. See the problem?

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3219 on: May 31, 2018, 01:58:09 pm »

THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING. I had to edit one of your posts yesterday as well. Comments that add nothing but vulgarity is over what has been a very broad line. If you don't understand, message me. You will not be warned again.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 04:02:54 pm by Moderator » Logged

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3220 on: May 31, 2018, 02:12:51 pm »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/05/18/president-trump-farm-bill-ford-f-150-royal-wedding-deadpool/615937002/

President Trump plans to boost criminal justice reform efforts Friday, hosting a summit at the White House aimed at bridging the partisan divide in Congress. Trump,  whose effort grows out of an initiative led by his son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner, plans to bring together a much larger group of more than 100 activists, experts and policymakers from both sides of the aisle. His proposals will deal mostly with improving prison conditions and better preparing prisoners for successful re-entry into society — a step short of the kind of comprehensive sentencing reform many Democrats are hoping for.

Didn't take long to find even.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3221 on: May 31, 2018, 02:16:58 pm »

In all honesty, at what point do I take him at his word then?

Why is it unfathomable that he BSs about reading and seeking the advice of people that really are experts on the matter?

If I am to take his detractors word for it, I should believe him when he says things that are negative about himself and not believe him when he pumps himself up. See the problem?

Your argument is that Trump lies with such frequency that We the People shouldn't believe anything he says.  Therefore, the negative things he says about himself are also probably false.  So Trump probably does read a lot and listen to the experts, in spite of consistent statements and all evidence to the contrary.

He lies about it.  His staff lies. His intelligence agencies lie about it. Everyone who works with or has worked with him is lying when they say he simply won't read anything.  Every news organization has been fooled. He consistently made it seem like he doesn't read or listen to experts from the earliest moments in the campaign to the present.  It is all a great ruse to make people thing he is a rube for (reasons).

Seriously, essentially your argument is because he is so full of crap, we have to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Because he lies, he is infallible.

You can't actually believe that. Just, I mean.  No way.

This is the tortured world one has to live to try to try and support this man in a meaningful way.  He lies so much, you have to assume the thing one interprets as a negative is also a lie. That's somehow support for him. I'm, I'm reduced to a stammering idiot.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3222 on: May 31, 2018, 02:52:23 pm »

Kim Kardashian is going to meet with Trump to discuss prison reform today.

Yup...that is on ABC and NBC.

Kim Kardashian is going to meet with Trump to discuss prison reform.

Yup...

Are still that bucking butt-hurt over the election still..It's sad...Who cares who goes to see him...I can't stand her but why she is there is for a good cause...

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3223 on: May 31, 2018, 04:12:39 pm »

Your argument is that Trump lies with such frequency that We the People shouldn't believe anything he says.  Therefore, the negative things he says about himself are also probably false.  So Trump probably does read a lot and listen to the experts, in spite of consistent statements and all evidence to the contrary.

He lies about it.  His staff lies. His intelligence agencies lie about it. Everyone who works with or has worked with him is lying when they say he simply won't read anything.  Every news organization has been fooled. He consistently made it seem like he doesn't read or listen to experts from the earliest moments in the campaign to the present.  It is all a great ruse to make people thing he is a rube for (reasons).

Seriously, essentially your argument is because he is so full of crap, we have to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Because he lies, he is infallible.

You can't actually believe that. Just, I mean.  No way.

This is the tortured world one has to live to try to try and support this man in a meaningful way.  He lies so much, you have to assume the thing one interprets as a negative is also a lie. That's somehow support for him. I'm, I'm reduced to a stammering idiot.

I'm saying he has done enough right that you can't say without question that you know if he is full of crap or not. If I am to take the perception of him at face value, there should be a bumbling mess with absolutely nothing getting done and about 3 nuclear wars going on. yet the exact opposite has actually happened. You tell me who is crazy.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3224 on: May 31, 2018, 05:50:39 pm »

I'm saying he has done enough right that you can't say without question that you know if he is full of crap or not. If I am to take the perception of him at face value, there should be a bumbling mess with absolutely nothing getting done and about 3 nuclear wars going on. yet the exact opposite has actually happened. You tell me who is crazy.

Interesting... what exactly has he done right that overcomes even one of the vile and disgusting things he has done?   One example of each would be just great....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org