A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:41:19 am
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454836 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3150 on: May 21, 2018, 05:08:20 pm »

Did someone fart..??....The smell is back...!!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3151 on: May 21, 2018, 05:12:02 pm »

Did someone fart..??....The smell is back...!!

that must be your upper lip....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3152 on: May 21, 2018, 09:29:47 pm »

More Trump-murica' Pride!!   In Montana!  Of course, since there are so many illegal Canadians trying to sneak in....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-citizens-were-detained-border-101824943.html

The American Civil Liberties Union said Monday it is looking into an incident in which a Border Patrol agent detained and questioned a woman and her friend — both U.S. citizens — when he overheard them speaking Spanish at a gas station in Montana.  "He just requested my ID. I looked at him like, ‘Are you serious?’ He’s like, ‘Yeah, very serious.’ ” and he says it is specifically because he heard them speaking Spanish.

The ACLU on Monday said speaking Spanish is not a valid reason for a Border Patrol agent to question or detain someone.
“The broader picture … goes back to accountability at the agency,” Dominguez said. “Is this the way they’re targeting people? It is an issue, and it needs to be addressed.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/05/20/a-border-patrol-agent-detained-two-u-s-citizens-at-a-gas-station-after-hearing-them-speak-spanish/

https://youtu.be/ddes0_H_BVw

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3153 on: May 21, 2018, 11:54:51 pm »

This is just terrible news. The GOP has taken a sizable lead in the generic Congressional election poll?  

http://polling.reuters.com/#!response/TM1212Y17/type/smallest/filters/PD1:1/dates/20180101-20180517/collapsed/true

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 11:57:54 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
TeeDub
« Reply #3154 on: May 22, 2018, 07:46:55 am »

The American Civil Liberties Union said Monday it is looking into an incident in which a Border Patrol agent detained and questioned a woman and her friend — both U.S. citizens — when he overheard them speaking Spanish at a gas station in Montana.  "He just requested my ID. I looked at him like, ‘Are you serious?’ He’s like, ‘Yeah, very serious.’ ” and he says it is specifically because he heard them speaking Spanish.

It's called stop and identify.   The Supreme Court ruled on it...   Welcome to 15 years ago.       (Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada, Humboldt County)
rebound
City Father

« Reply #3155 on: May 22, 2018, 08:31:45 am »

This is just terrible news. The GOP has taken a sizable lead in the generic Congressional election poll?  

http://polling.reuters.com/#!response/TM1212Y17/type/smallest/filters/PD1:1/dates/20180101-20180517/collapsed/true

That's a great meme, and (probably contrary to your intention) actually cheered me up a little.   Star Wars is a classic archetype story, and while Kenobi did fall, he set the stage to bring down the Empire.  The Dark Side always loses, eventually. 

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3156 on: May 22, 2018, 08:58:22 am »

It's called stop and identify.   The Supreme Court ruled on it...   Welcome to 15 years ago.       (Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada, Humboldt County)

Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada, 542 U.S. 177 (2004), is a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court held that statutes requiring suspects to disclose their names during police investigations did not violate the Fourth Amendment if the statute first required reasonable and articulable suspicion of criminal involvement

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3157 on: May 22, 2018, 09:19:41 am »

That's a great meme, and (probably contrary to your intention) actually cheered me up a little.   Star Wars is a classic archetype story, and while Kenobi did fall, he set the stage to bring down the Empire.  The Dark Side always loses, eventually. 

Sadly, it can be too long...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3158 on: May 22, 2018, 10:04:45 am »

All class, all the time, all of it low! 

Trump Minions rejoice!!  You can once again bait grizzly bears with donuts and bacon!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/interior-moves-lift-restrictions-hunting-bears-wolves-214244969--politics.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3159 on: May 22, 2018, 02:45:52 pm »

Sinkhole on Whitehouse lawn...symbolic...

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3160 on: May 22, 2018, 05:41:02 pm »

Something for the Room....Smells awful in here.....

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3161 on: May 23, 2018, 05:11:51 am »

Sinkhole on Whitehouse lawn...symbolic...

The top of patric's head during "National Police Week"?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3162 on: May 23, 2018, 08:27:23 am »

Something for the Room....Smells awful in here.....

Take inspiration...you CAN clean up your act!!  Squatty Potty is only the first step!   Once your head is removed, just use this device, and you, too, will feel the enlightenment!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbYWhdLO43Q

Butt, probably not....

TeeDub
« Reply #3163 on: May 23, 2018, 09:28:15 am »

All class, all the time, all of it low! 

Trump Minions rejoice!!  You can once again bait grizzly bears with donuts and bacon!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/interior-moves-lift-restrictions-hunting-bears-wolves-214244969--politics.html

From an old article, this almost looks like more of a states rights issue.   

https://www.adn.com/outdoors/article/feds-ban-several-controversial-hunting-practices-preserves-alaska/2015/10/23/
rebound
City Father

« Reply #3164 on: May 23, 2018, 10:33:58 am »

From an old article, this almost looks like more of a states rights issue.   

https://www.adn.com/outdoors/article/feds-ban-several-controversial-hunting-practices-preserves-alaska/2015/10/23/

"States Rights" is a little general, but I agree it is more of an "Alaska State Rights" issue, or at least a "state agreement" issue.  Alaska is different for a lot of reasons, and so does have some special agreements on various topics.   But in the abstract,  these rules apply (applied...) only to Federal lands, not State lands, and so the Feds do have the authority.  However, as Alaska is vastly Federal land, there have been previous agreements and it is those agreements that they feel were broken, not their inherent rights.   I do think all states should have some local control, but some overriding regulations already exists for various animals.  It's a matter of striking a balance.

To the actual regulations, as an avid hunter it is appalling to me that they would allow shooting bears (or any animal) in their den.  Also, seasonal regulations in general - to protect while raising young, etc, have proven to be good restrictions since the '20s.   The baiting aspect is not as big a deal, as we allow baiting of deer and pigs (and bears, I think) in OK as well.

(Interesting side note on baiting.   Apparently you CAN bait Turkey in the Fall, but not in the Spring, if I read the regulations correctly recently.  Also, while using bacon and donuts is easy to make fun of, the hog food attractants they sell here in OK are basically "treats" in whatever form the animal likes.  Fat and sugar attract carnivors.)

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org