A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:24:22 am
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1477611 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1830 on: October 23, 2017, 03:21:54 pm »

Sable rattling?

I type about as well as Trump shows empathy.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1831 on: October 23, 2017, 03:44:59 pm »

Or even thinks for that matter.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1832 on: October 23, 2017, 03:53:57 pm »

Good one!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1833 on: October 23, 2017, 08:16:20 pm »

Draft dodging entitled rich kid.  Trump.  Just like Rush Limbaugh.   See the pattern?

Where are Paul Ryan and Trey Gowdy with 8 Congressional investigations into what really happened in Niger??   Trump just sat there and let those 4 US soldiers die without trying to lift a finger, plus the 5 from Niger.  And then he let the man's body lay there for 2 full days after the fact!!   But he was a black guy after all...  "and the guy knew what he signed up for..."  Trump's quotes.

And John Kelly - the only empty barrel in this whole discussion.  Well, except for Trump and the others in this regime.

Trump just can't stop attacking Gold Star families - unless they are white guys...then he leaves them alone...  Anyone still believe there is no race component in his actions, thoughts, and intentions?   Well, if so, you are a fool.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 08:22:21 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1834 on: October 24, 2017, 07:03:29 pm »

Trump's only accomplishments may be how many of Obama's accomplishments he can destroy.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/24/politics/trump-denali-mt-mckinley/index.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1835 on: October 25, 2017, 07:06:41 am »

He has suggested that.  Fake Fox News.  Of course.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-fbis-political-meddling-1508883468

Idiot Savant, or do you think he actually attends intelligence briefings?

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1836 on: October 25, 2017, 07:07:23 am »

Trump's only accomplishments may be how many of Obama's accomplishments he can destroy.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/24/politics/trump-denali-mt-mckinley/index.html

I guess it would depend on who is defining what an accomplishment is. If Trump's are an accomplishment, then Obama's were not. And vice versa.

All though this is something I have been saying since before Trump was elected. That much of Obama's "legacy" could be reversed with a "pen and a phone", outside of the ACA anyway.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1837 on: October 25, 2017, 08:23:34 am »

Stupid Obama: steady economic growth, millions of new jobs,  thousands fewer US military deaths and increased military spending, lower deficit spending, massive crackdown on illegal immigration, advocating for free trade, huge tax cuts for the middle class, bailing out giant companies in the auto industry and banking sector, more oil and gas production in the US than ever before, and most of a decade without  scandal and embarrassment.

Or are we just talking about LGBT rights, womens' rights, not quashing protests by minority groups, environmental science, and healthcare for Americans?

Bah, I say we tear it all down.  Baby out with the bath water!

Seriously though, Obama did very little that would be terribly controversial to most conservatives if he was seen as one of them.  The ACA was a GOP plan that was fine as long as Romney controlled it.  The environmental stuff didn't seem to slow down US industry or stop oil drilling, even T Boone Pickens was OK with it.  And while some might not like gay marriage or birth control, many conservatives feel the government intrudes too much into Americans personal lives (surely sex lives are as personal as it gets).  

Most hatred of Obama was partisan, not really political.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1838 on: October 25, 2017, 08:55:38 am »

Stupid Obama: steady economic growth, millions of new jobs,  thousands fewer US military deaths and increased military spending, lower deficit spending, massive crackdown on illegal immigration, advocating for free trade, huge tax cuts for the middle class, bailing out giant companies in the auto industry and banking sector, more oil and gas production in the US than ever before, and most of a decade without  scandal and embarrassment.

Or are we just talking about LGBT rights, womens' rights, not quashing protests by minority groups, environmental science, and healthcare for Americans?

Bah, I say we tear it all down.  Baby out with the bath water!

Seriously though, Obama did very little that would be terribly controversial to most conservatives if he was seen as one of them.  The ACA was a GOP plan that was fine as long as Romney controlled it.  The environmental stuff didn't seem to slow down US industry or stop oil drilling, even T Boone Pickens was OK with it.  And while some might not like gay marriage or birth control, many conservatives feel the government intrudes too much into Americans personal lives (surely sex lives are as personal as it gets).  

Most hatred of Obama was partisan, not really political.

Don't forget the fact that's he's black. A whole lot of the hatred for Obama was based on his ridiculous habit of constantly being black.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1839 on: October 25, 2017, 09:01:01 am »

Don't forget the fact that's he's black. A whole lot of the hatred for Obama was based on his ridiculous habit of constantly being black.

Half black.    But that was way too much for the RWRE minions.  You know - Trump's buddies in the Klan and the Nazi party.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1840 on: October 25, 2017, 10:05:49 am »

What! Obama is black? When did that happen? I thought O'bama was Irish.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1841 on: October 25, 2017, 12:22:36 pm »

I'm sure some people are actually racist and disliked him just for being black.  But I think many more people may have had an implicit bias against him, rather than overt racism.  While I'm confident race played a large role in the "not  an American citizen" and "he's a Mooslim" diatribe, I know people who are no more racist than I am who seemed to have a strong bias against him that was never well articulated.

Just based off of the complaints against him, much of it was purely partisan politics.  Much of it wasn't even ideological, let alone based on actual policies or actions.   He wasn't part of their team, so they wanted him to fail.  They want everything he built to fail.  Be it good for the nation or bad.  Not everyone of course, but there are a lot of people expressing lots of pleasure on anything that is seen as an attack on an Obama policy - with no comment on any actual positives or negatives on the police itself.

Basically, it's like a Texas fan arguing a call during the OU-Texas game.  Even after a replay, the correct call isn't the point.  As long as it hurts OU...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1842 on: October 25, 2017, 02:01:08 pm »

I'm sure some people are actually racist and disliked him just for being black.  But I think many more people may have had an implicit bias against him, rather than overt racism.  While I'm confident race played a large role in the "not  an American citizen" and "he's a Mooslim" diatribe, I know people who are no more racist than I am who seemed to have a strong bias against him that was never well articulated.

Just based off of the complaints against him, much of it was purely partisan politics.  Much of it wasn't even ideological, let alone based on actual policies or actions.   He wasn't part of their team, so they wanted him to fail.  They want everything he built to fail.  Be it good for the nation or bad.  Not everyone of course, but there are a lot of people expressing lots of pleasure on anything that is seen as an attack on an Obama policy - with no comment on any actual positives or negatives on the police itself.

Basically, it's like a Texas fan arguing a call during the OU-Texas game.  Even after a replay, the correct call isn't the point.  As long as it hurts OU...

I couldn't agree more.  I'd say the real racism toward Obama was an outlier.  If Obama had been a Republican, he would have been the best POTUS ever according to conservative types.

If Trump were a Democrat, he'd now be the WORST POTUS EVER to conservative types not just to those of us capable of viewing the world through a more moderate kaleidoscope.  Who ever thought Trump would make Nixon, Carter, and GW Bush look like great presidents? 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #1843 on: October 25, 2017, 03:22:52 pm »

I know people who are no more racist than I am who seemed to have a strong bias against him that was never well articulated.

They couldn't articulate it because saying they're pissed a black man is more educated or powerful than they are wouldn't be too well received. They may not even realize they're racists...because well, they have a black friend and you know, some of them are OK.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:24:45 pm by hello » Logged

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #1844 on: October 26, 2017, 12:10:14 pm »

I couldn't agree more.  I'd say the real racism toward Obama was an outlier.  If Obama had been a Republican, he would have been the best POTUS ever according to conservative types.

If Trump were a Democrat, he'd now be the WORST POTUS EVER to conservative types not just to those of us capable of viewing the world through a more moderate kaleidoscope.  Who ever thought Trump would make Nixon, Carter, and GW Bush look like great presidents?  

This is true.  Same thing with policy in general. I keep seeing stories about how bad the GOP tax plan will be for not rich people. Now based on history I'm sure this is a true statement.  But from what I can tell there is no actual tax plan from the GOP. They are just promising trickle down economics so far.

As far as being better than the previous presidents. It definitely feels to me like his mental functions are going down. If you watch videos of him in the 90's he seemed very very sharp to me. Now he can barely answer a question without some rambling.  I think if that is not the case he has no interest in understanding the details of any policies or bills. The healthcare bill comes out and he says its a great bill and then says it is mean later. I don't think he has any clue what any bill that gets proposed really does and I'm not sure if it is by choice or not. That isn't that big of a deal because the house and senate still have to pass them before he gets to sign them.  But it seems like the extent of his knowledge on these things are just soundbites somebody told him. Bush still got us into Iraq based on the fact they were supposedly going to build nuclear weapons which was a lie. We still aren't at that level yet. Everybody seems to give Bush a pass on being wrong on that small detail.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 12:18:35 pm by CharlieSheen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org