A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:58:28 am
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RNC - what a s**t show  (Read 83884 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2016, 02:35:47 pm »

This whole election thus far is a flaming bag of sh!t.

Yeah, it is!  But you have never seen a more interesting one up close and personal like this one is!!  We haven't had elections like this since the early 1800's....!!

LBJ tried, I think, with the commercial showing Goldwater nuking the little girl, but even that was mundane compared to some of the old ones.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2016, 02:38:52 pm »

No, nothing against you.  I simply find investigative books timed around elections as participating in electioneering- acting as a shill, if you will.  When I studied journalism, I apparently took the ethics of editorializing vs. presentation of facts too serious.  Too many writers and pundits blur those lines these days.  Delving into his 21 questions and the tone it is written in, he’s got an axe to grind with Trump.  Good for him.  Electioneering books are a weird OCD thing with me.

It doesn't phase you that he wrote the questions before Trump announced candidacy over a year ago? Or his bonafides as an investigative journalist for Newsweek, New York Times, The New Yorker etc? You are hard to impress.

There are going to be tons of books written about this election by people with a lot less insight and knowledge of the subject than this guy. The difference is they will be written afterwards when it won't really matter. I can't blame him for his timing if its allegations are true or defensible.

onward...through the fog
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2016, 03:56:28 pm »

According to the rules, they could. The republican national committee could choose on their own a replacement (no mention of party affiliation) or reconvene the convention (not likely) and have the states re-vote. Lots of different permutations of how this could unfold.

The original players are still available and have viable organizations: Cruz, Kasich, Bush, et al.

This is unlikely for several reasons. First, Trump's ego has swollen enormously. He would not stop voluntarily now and it would take a yuge lawsuit to do so. Oh, the spectacle would be entertaining as the RNC tried to remove their duly elected candidate and Trump would scream like a petulant three year old. Second, his base would go even more apeshot crazy than they are already. Think stupid people with guns. One of his key supporters has already talked about a "bloodbath" if Hillary wins. It's not much of a stretch to imagine that threat turned on the RNC.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #168 on: August 03, 2016, 04:22:45 pm »

Fantasy talk, it’ll never happen.

As long as everyone is fantasizing, the Democrats could dump Hillary and put in someone I could vote for.   Grin

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2016, 04:27:51 pm »

This is unlikely for several reasons. First, Trump's ego has swollen enormously. He would not stop voluntarily now and it would take a yuge lawsuit to do so. Oh, the spectacle would be entertaining as the RNC tried to remove their duly elected candidate and Trump would scream like a petulant three year old. Second, his base would go even more apeshot crazy than they are already. Think stupid people with guns. One of his key supporters has already talked about a "bloodbath" if Hillary wins. It's not much of a stretch to imagine that threat turned on the RNC.

He might use the tactic he's used on his contractors:  "Ive decided Im not going to pay you so if you dont like it you can deal with my lawyers."

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #170 on: August 03, 2016, 04:44:52 pm »

Well, I agree for the most part. Especially about the Trump Militia that led armed rally's outside the convention. His fantasy is that he is the leader of the party. Their only salvation. However, I am convinced he never intended to win, doesn't want to win and if he does, intends to farm the job out to Pence. He doesn't want it, but he isn't letting these pugs take it from him. Now its personal.

Given his fat ego and personality he may very likely again claim, "rigged!" and drop out. He secures his place in history, his militia raises hell and the Republican party hastily anoints a new anti-Hillary while the party slowly dies and reforms.

Remember what this prideful man claims is his greatest strength. Negotiation. This is his negotiation position to those leaders in his party who have dropped hints in the press that he isn't mentally stable, is undisciplined, unfit and they may intervene and possibly depose him.

Could happen. Who would have guessed he got this far....other than Gary Trudeau 30 years ago.

onward...through the fog
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2016, 04:47:56 pm »

As long as everyone is fantasizing, the Democrats could dump Hillary and put in someone I could vote for.   Grin

Biden? Sanders? Warren? I don't see you going for any of the speakers at the convention, but maybe I've misjudged. Smiley

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2016, 05:17:45 pm »

It’s a perfect example of unsubstantiated chatter being blasted out as headlines.  The basis for much of this appears to have occurred prior to the convention, not since the convention, other than Obama calling for GOP leaders to drop their endorsements.

This whole election thus far is a flaming bag of sh!t.

And to think we said the 2012 election was pretty much the same.

That election was a walk in the park compared to this Trumpster Fire.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2016, 05:45:53 pm »

Biden? Sanders? Warren? I don't see you going for any of the speakers at the convention, but maybe I've misjudged. Smiley

Are you saying those are the only three Democrats qualified to run for President of the USA? 

I did not watch any of the Democratic convention since I knew I would not vote for Hillary.  I only watched a few hours of the PBS talking heads trash everything happening at the Republican convention.  I figured the Democratic convention coverage by PBS would be a love fest that would make me barf.

I have joked about voting for Bernie so I could get free stuff but in reality I could not.
Warren?  Who bashed your brain in?
I've had enough of Biden.  He reminds me a bit of Dan Quayle but Biden didn't get near the quantity of bad press.  Being a Democrat has its advantages. I am sympathetic for the loss of his son.

How about someone like David Boren?  I voted for him as Senator.  I could maybe vote for him for POTUS.

There is bound to be some Democrat out there that I could find less undesirable than The Donald but I don't have any names other than Boren at the moment since I only rarely have voted for a Democrat.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #174 on: August 03, 2016, 06:39:09 pm »

Boren works. We have found the intersection of our political beliefs.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #175 on: August 03, 2016, 09:27:40 pm »

Boren works. We have found the intersection of our political beliefs.

Make that three.  I voted for Boren as well.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #176 on: August 04, 2016, 11:59:23 am »

As long as everyone is fantasizing, the Democrats could dump Hillary and put in someone I could vote for.   Grin

Like McCain?  Or Romney?   They have become good  moderate Dems according to the RWRE....

Wouldn't be all bad...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2016, 12:09:55 pm »

How about someone like David Boren?  I voted for him as Senator.  I could maybe vote for him for POTUS.

There is bound to be some Democrat out there that I could find less undesirable than The Donald but I don't have any names other than Boren at the moment since I only rarely have voted for a Democrat.

Jim Jones  (ex-Representative, OK).
Jim Webb  (maybe 2020 or 2024...)
Mark Warner

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #178 on: August 04, 2016, 12:10:24 pm »

We need to remember that the current republican candidate was chosen out of a large field of the very best the GOP could bring forward.

This pretty much means that the other choices could only be worse...right?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2016, 12:17:56 pm »

We need to remember that the current republican candidate was chosen out of a large field of the very best the GOP could bring forward.

This pretty much means that the other choices could only be worse...right?

No they didn't choose out of the best...they intentionally chose a large field that was NOT the best the GOP could bring forward.  That's the "teabagger effect".  Kind of like an warped, evil, alternative universe "Carbonaro effect"....    My apologies to Michael Carbonaro....

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org