A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:00:47 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prairie Brewery  (Read 20876 times)
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« on: June 02, 2016, 04:19:13 pm »

OK, I can't believe nobody has posted a review of Prairie Brewery yet.

Food is delicious, and you can get Burn Co ribs here without the inconvenience of waiting in line at 18th and Boston.  Mac and cheese is huge, rich and indulgent (with rib tips).  Split the portion or schedule a nap afterwards.

Great vibe and decor.  Awesome outdoor patio space with a ping pong table. (This should also be a prime spot to hang out during Tulsa Tough's Brady races.)

Selection of Prairie beers, including some you can't get anywhere else.

So cool!  Great addition to the Brady!
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 09:20:00 pm »

Goes against every review I have heard.....

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 07:19:41 am »

Goes against every review I have heard.....

I echo everything PonderInc said. It is a cool space (including a large outdoor area with a ping pong table!), a great location, fantastic beer, and BurnCo BBQ. I was there one time with a couple other guys and we shut the place down, it was one of the first nights they were open and it was slow - we had a fine time sitting around chatting. I was there with a large group of people when the place was absolutely packed, back in the private room, we had a great time and the servers kept up just fine.

What is possibly not to like?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 08:43:52 am »

Just FYI, they will be pouring the limited edition Marshall’s Double Tough IPA during Tulsa Tough and afterwards as long as the kegs hold out.

I think it’s kind of cool local breweries will serve beer from other local breweries.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 11:22:42 am »

With my limited activity time, I've been there once.

My experience was very positive and I'll make it a point go again.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 09:08:29 am »

I have not heard anyone say the food is good except for the Burnco stuff....You can't get a drink...And the beer is not being brewed there....

joiei
City Father

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 01:11:32 pm »

A small clarification,  the place on Main is Prairie Brew Pub.  The brewery is over on W 49th and they have just opened a tap room there.  No more standing around in the actual brewery while you enjoy your brews.  Have you tried the Feoder Cereis (terrible spelling I know). 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 10:02:53 am »

I have not heard anyone say the food is good except for the Burnco stuff....You can't get a drink...And the beer is not being brewed there....

To clarify - you haven't actually been there, right?

I have now been there four times. Four times I have gotten a drink while there, never having to wait more than a couple of minutes. I went for a bike ride last night and stopped for a beer at Prairie, I didn't have to wait at all.

I believe you are correct, that the beer is not brewed there. But try GOING to the place, and then review it.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 11:05:14 am »

If any of you would like to kick the beer habit, try Prairie Ale Birthday Bomb. It is a 26 proof stout that has been steeped in cacao nibs, jalapeno and who knows what. Pretty much what I would guess bull semen to taste like. Is this brewery responsible for that swill? My mom bought it for me as a joke at the liquour store. Ugh.

onward...through the fog
rebound
City Father

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 12:57:26 pm »

If any of you would like to kick the beer habit, try Prairie Ale Birthday Bomb. It is a 26 proof stout that has been steeped in cacao nibs, jalapeno and who knows what. Pretty much what I would guess bull semen to taste like. Is this brewery responsible for that swill? My mom bought it for me as a joke at the liquour store. Ugh.

I'm not a fan of their Bomb, either.  But that's what's great about Prairie, they have all kinds of beers and are always trying new things.   A couple of their beers are on my short list of go-to's whenever I see them available, and several of the others are very good.

Also,  I've been to the Prairie Brewery a couple of times.  Solid place.   Friendly people, good service, etc.   Have not eaten there yet, so will defer on their food.  About the only complaint I have is the acoustics.  It's been really loud both times I've been there and it's got something to do with the ceiling set up.  But maybe I'm just getting old, because it was packed both times and nobody else seemed to mind.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 01:40:54 pm »

If any of you would like to kick the beer habit, try Prairie Ale Birthday Bomb... Is this brewery responsible for that swill?

It isn't my taste either, but it wasn't made to appeal to everyone. The real beer nerds love it. It was rated a 95 (out of 100) by Beer Advocate and a 4.5/5 by consumers (40 reviews from all over the country). It is ranked as a top 50 beer in the country.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30356/221289/

If you were to break down beer ratings in Oklahoma, Prairie occupies 10 of the top 10 spots and 18 for the top 20.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/state/ok/

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 07:24:17 am »

I've been there twice for food and drink.  The look of the place is really nice.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 10:18:53 am »

We drove by it last weekend. Looks like plenty of fun and I can't wait to try some of their OTHER beers.

onward...through the fog
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 12:16:23 pm »

To clarify - you haven't actually been there, right?

I have now been there four times. Four times I have gotten a drink while there, never having to wait more than a couple of minutes. I went for a bike ride last night and stopped for a beer at Prairie, I didn't have to wait at all.

I believe you are correct, that the beer is not brewed there. But try GOING to the place, and then review it.

You have not gotten mixed drink there....And until the food gets better I'm not going to waste my money....

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 12:17:58 pm »

I stopped in last Saturday afternoon and had a couple of drinks + ribs and enjoyed it.

I will say the Burn Co. ribs are nice to try, but at $15 for 4 small ribs, some creamed corn, and some sort of kale thing it's not really worth it. The creamed corn was really good though. Lots of other stuff on the menu is really good too, judging by the reactions of those around me.

I had their Berliner Weisse, which was kind of sweet and refreshing, and their simple Praire Brown Ale, which was enjoyable.

So all around just a really nice place. Definitely going to be a regular stop for me.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org