A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:14:16 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USA BMX to move headquarters to Tulsa  (Read 69676 times)
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2021, 01:05:41 pm »

Anyone know if there's been any progress made with the old FinTube building to the south of this? Wasn't there a RFP put out last year for developers?
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2021, 11:08:50 am »

Anyone know if there's been any progress made with the old FinTube building to the south of this? Wasn't there a RFP put out last year for developers?

I drive by this project every week or so, and I have not noticed any evidence from the street view of any progress on the FinTube building.  Perhaps it is still in planning stage or they simply want to complete the new building project first.  I am anxious to see what becomes of the FinTube building.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2021, 01:30:42 pm »

Couple of pictures I snagged the other day.  This thing is going to be a huge.

Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2021, 05:31:00 pm »

It does look big.  Not to mention that things always seem to appear smaller in pictures than in real life. 
brettakins
Activist

« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2021, 07:12:28 pm »

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/new-bmx-arena-headquarters-nearly-50-completed/article_f8915248-85cc-11eb-a7dc-3ff4d4ad9cb5.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_Tulsa_World

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2021, 07:15:10 pm »

I drive by this project every week or so, and I have not noticed any evidence from the street view of any progress on the FinTube building.  Perhaps it is still in planning stage or they simply want to complete the new building project first.  I am anxious to see what becomes of the FinTube building.

Per the TW article today.  I'm not sure what "mixed-use development" is best suited for this site but look forward to seeing it redeveloped.  It reminds me of the building that American Solera renovated into a brewery, only much larger.

The Evans building to the south, also known as the Oklahoma Iron Works Building, is on the National Register of Historic Places. It will remain on the property and be incorporated into the city’s request for proposals for a mixed-use development on the site.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 07:17:59 pm by SXSW » Logged

brettakins
Activist

« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2021, 07:38:38 am »

https://www.fox23.com/news/video-construction-continues-new-bmx-headquarters-tulsa/1e134985-eba4-495d-a8ac-8846b5155f1b/

TULSA, Oklahoma - The new USA BMX Headquarters is moving from Arizona to the Greenwood District in Tulsa.
The multimillion-dollar facility has been in the works for several years. Construction managers said it’s about 70 percent done.

The facility at the former Evans Fintube site will also be home to the Hall of Fame Museum and the Hardesty Track Stadium, with an Olympic-caliber and Amateur track.

The USA BMX President Shane Fernandez said the stadium is the depth of two football fields and will be able to seat up to 2,000 people. Fernandez said the track will host local, regional, and national races along with other events, like Harley Davidson World Championships. He said the facility will also open 25 jobs.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2021, 11:00:14 am »

I still think the Evans Fintube site would be perfect for a science & industry-type museum

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org