A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:45:08 am
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11TH ST DEVELOPMENT  (Read 127562 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2018, 11:26:14 am »

I've been a couple times and when it's busy on weekends the staff has had trouble keeping up with trash, cleaning tables, etc  Hopefully as they figure out the busy times (they even said this is way more popular than they originally envisioned) they can get better.  

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2019, 09:27:23 am »

TW article about Aaron Meeks' latest project at 11th & Quaker: https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/downtown/michael-overall-tulsa-developer-remembers-route-the-way-it-used/article_74945e65-ebb6-51c5-9e53-2c8e98dd8ffc.html

Anyone else really want to see the structure under the Meadow Gold sign get closed in and become an actual building?  That would make such a cool gift shop or small cafe/coffee shop.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2019, 01:49:34 pm »

TW article about Aaron Meeks' latest project at 11th & Quaker: https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/downtown/michael-overall-tulsa-developer-remembers-route-the-way-it-used/article_74945e65-ebb6-51c5-9e53-2c8e98dd8ffc.html

Anyone else really want to see the structure under the Meadow Gold sign get closed in and become an actual building?  That would make such a cool gift shop or small cafe/coffee shop.

It could go any number of directions, including moving it back to the original location.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2019, 04:09:52 pm »

It could go any number of directions, including moving it back to the original location.

11th & Lewis?  I don't see it going anywhere especially since they have created a district around its name.  I'm sure Kathy Taylor and the creators of Mother Road Market wished it was still over there..

A few years ago there would've been no momentum to do anything but as the area comes back to life it looks more and more out of place for it to just be a structure and not a functional building.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2019, 05:08:40 pm »

11th & Lewis?  I don't see it going anywhere especially since they have created a district around its name.  I'm sure Kathy Taylor and the creators of Mother Road Market wished it was still over there..

A few years ago there would've been no momentum to do anything but as the area comes back to life it looks more and more out of place for it to just be a structure and not a functional building.

Not really, it's very reminiscent of the SE corner of Admiral & Lewis and to me, is sort of a gateway.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2019, 08:52:54 am »

There's construction at 10th and Peoria, just north of the old auto repair shop on the corner. Anyone know what's going in?
rebound
City Father

« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2019, 04:31:17 pm »

There's construction at 10th and Peoria, just north of the old auto repair shop on the corner. Anyone know what's going in?

I checked the permits site, and this is all it said:

"New 11k sqft Health Center and associated parking lot."

**Edited to thank Cannon for the instructions and links on how to do this.  It only took a few minutes:

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21758.msg328687#msg328687
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 04:35:04 pm by rebound » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2019, 10:22:10 pm »

Aside from the bluish LED "wall pack" glare bombs security lights not conforming to zoning code, they just scream "high crime area"

There are so many new developments nearby that actually "get it" when it comes to warm, inviting lighting that isnt glary, so its a shame to see someone drop the ball.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2019, 11:08:55 am »

In my mind "mixed-use" implies different types of use, and often means incorporating retail with residential. This just looks like a nicer than average strip mall. I think Lobeck Taylor has residential plans on that corner as a whole but this particular development doesn't strike me as "mixed-use."

https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/million-mixed-use-development-going-up-east-of-mother-road/article_96c20fc7-fa34-5027-88de-3494905d3eef.html?fbclid=IwAR2I7jzk4j_BkOMjB9hK1DMFktWrZ2hIboojWVhTdsXdwycSfZIkaW6HjSA
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2019, 12:45:59 pm »

In my mind "mixed-use" implies different types of use, and often means incorporating retail with residential. This just looks like a nicer than average strip mall. I think Lobeck Taylor has residential plans on that corner as a whole but this particular development doesn't strike me as "mixed-use."

https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/million-mixed-use-development-going-up-east-of-mother-road/article_96c20fc7-fa34-5027-88de-3494905d3eef.html?fbclid=IwAR2I7jzk4j_BkOMjB9hK1DMFktWrZ2hIboojWVhTdsXdwycSfZIkaW6HjSA

Yeah not very mixed-use.  Hopefully whatever goes in at the corner has a residential component. 

Herb Albert
Citizen

« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2019, 01:21:33 pm »

Where a building contains more than one occupancy group it is technically considered Mixed Use. It's a hot term these days. Everybody's doin' it.  Wink
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2019, 09:50:09 pm »

At least it's to the sidewalk with parking in the back. I guess that's the best we can hope for in Tulsa these days.
Herb Albert
Citizen

« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2019, 09:59:19 am »

Agreed. W Design is doing the project. They have a good crew over there. I think they'll do it right. If there is to be lots of development over there in the near future. I think it would be wise for the city of Tulsa to examine doing a pedestrian bridge at that intersection of Lewis and 11th. More foot traffic means it's even more dangerous for pedestrians crossing the streets there. That intersession was not designed for the amount of foot traffic it has currently. 11th street is basically a walkers highway. Somebody is going to get ran over bad eventually.

It could be a cool bridge. Kind of like a gateway to downtown Tulsa on R66. Maybe some neon thrown in there somewhere. Could even have a design competition and make it fun. 
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2019, 02:14:02 pm »

They already are reducing it to two lanes nearby, I assume as a traffic calming measure. They just need very wide, well painted, well lit crosswalks at the 11th and Lewis, with automatic walking signals. There are ways to make it safe for pedestrians.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2019, 09:22:23 pm »

They already are reducing it to two lanes nearby, I assume as a traffic calming measure. They just need very wide, well painted, well lit crosswalks at the 11th and Lewis, with automatic walking signals. There are ways to make it safe for pedestrians.

That’s the approach the city should take, as the area redevelops and you have more sidewalk-fronting buildings it will naturally calm traffic along with the wider sidewalks and on-street parking.  No need for a pedestrian bridge. 

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org