A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:58:46 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CVS at 15th and Utica  (Read 106774 times)
takemebacktotulsa
Citizen

« on: November 03, 2015, 10:33:45 am »

http://www.tmapc.org/tmapc/PUD-437-A.pdf

I thought this might need a thread.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:12:36 pm by sgrizzle » Logged
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 11:48:01 am »

QVC CVS ended up doing a fair job on most of the lighting at the 41st & Harvard, but that was mostly because of the neighbors (and a few people here) not letting up.  As far as submitting lighting plans, we learned from the 21st & Harvard QT that submitting a lighting plan doesnt necessarily mean some people wont omit a few isofootcandle numbers that will drastically change how it will actually look.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:34:50 am by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 12:28:05 pm »

24' LED sign. Why does it have to be 24 feet tall?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 01:29:21 pm »

24' LED sign. Why does it have to be 24 feet tall?

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 01:53:50 pm »

Good = fronted along 11th. Requesting reduced parking requirements- but still a lot of surface parking. Interested in the 1680 sq ft. mezzanine.

Bad: Surface parking along 15th. 24' sign.

Why not flip the design and front to the corner of 15th and Utica?

Why do you need a 24' sign? No other business along Cherry has a giant sign sticking up. It makes an area look like crap.

Overall, a bunch of "meh."

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 02:20:46 pm »

Grizzle - The Midnight Idol deserves an enormous sign.

CVS does not.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 02:35:43 pm »

QVC ended up doing a fair job on most of the lighting at the 41st & Harvard, but that was mostly because of the neighbors (and a few people here) not letting up.  As far as submitting lighting plans, we learned from the 21st & Harvard QT that submitting a lighting plan doesnt necessarily mean some people wont omit a few isofootcandle numbers that will drastically change how it will actually look.

QVC?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 02:50:11 pm »

This is better than the dumpy gas station/convenience store currently on this corner, but it could have been so much better.  I assume the orientation of the front door to the parking prevents them from having it front both 15th & Utica.  Given the proximity of both St. John and Hillcrest Hospitals, it was probably inevitable a national chain pharmacy was going to build in this corridor.

I wonder if this will make it harder for Walgreens to keep open both the 15th & Lewis and Utica Square locations?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 02:51:33 pm »

Good = fronted along 11th. Requesting reduced parking requirements- but still a lot of surface parking. Interested in the 1680 sq ft. mezzanine.

Why do you need a 24' sign? No other business along Cherry has a giant sign sticking up. It makes an area look like crap.

Pole signs are yet one more dated concept our zoning code allows.  Travel to other cities and people find their commercial destination just fine without needing to create elevated and blaring sign clutter.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 04:10:59 pm »

I wonder if this will make it harder for Walgreens to keep open both the 15th & Lewis and Utica Square locations?

Both chains seem to be doing their damnedest to figure out how to do their job worse than the other so who knows.

I love when you take in a prescription at 9am and they seem perturbed when you say you want it today. Assuming they have what you need in stock.

We had a new prescription we took to CVS to be told that all locations were sold out, but they would have some in two weeks.

I tried to get sudafed at my closest walgreens, but they have no cards/displays on the floor, just the boxes behind the counter. The pharmacy tech asked which one I wanted and I told her I couldn't see what they carried. She told me there was a blue one and a red one.

Went to CVS with a prescription that had a typo on it. Was something like "take twice a day for 10 days, quantity 10". They gave me 10 and when I asked how you can take 10 twice a day for ten days they said "yeah, we noticed it was wrong, but didn't check with the doctor and just filled it as written"

etc.[/list]
    Townsend
    T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 04:15:35 pm »

Went to CVS with a prescription that had a typo on it. Was something like "take twice a day for 10 days, quantity 10". They gave me 10 and when I asked how you can take 10 twice a day for ten days they said "yeah, we noticed it was wrong, but didn't check with the doctor and just filled it as written"

etc.

Oil Capital
    City Father

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 04:58:33 pm »

Fronted along 11th??

Breadburner
    City Father

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 05:06:19 pm »

Gag.....Just what we need.......

dbacksfan 2.0
    City Father

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 05:16:13 pm »

Pole signs are yet one more dated concept our zoning code allows.  Travel to other cities and people find their commercial destination just fine without needing to create elevated and blaring sign clutter.

Yeah, imagine a shopping area like Woodland Hills without all the pole signs, how are you going to find anything?

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.848427,-119.7906464,3a,75y,357.58h,94.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0gqjCa8wPZuX9yGfcwHPIw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

saintnicster
    « Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 07:25:52 pm »

How tall is the Phillips 66 sign that will be right across the street?

Looks to be nearly as tall as the existing CVS sign (perspective was tricky on g-maps)

No other tall signs on Cherry Street

Are McDonalds and LJS not on cherry street?

Don't get me wrong - I think that it'd be better off just having 2 of the smaller signs.

But to say that there aren't any large pole signs on cherry street?
    Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up
      Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
    more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
    Tulsa, OK 74114
    (918) 409-2669
    info@tulsanow.org