A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:00:50 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Umberto's Pizza on 21st and Harvard  (Read 16559 times)
takemebacktotulsa
Citizen

« on: September 18, 2015, 11:56:58 am »

Word has it that long time (amazing) pizza place Umberto's is moving to 32nd and harvard, and their current building is being torn down... Does anyone have any additional and/or contradicting information?

It'd be sad to see those building torn down. They are some of the last remnants of pedestrian friendly buildings in that area...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 12:39:21 pm »

Word has it that long time (amazing) pizza place Umberto's is moving to 32nd and harvard, and their current building is being torn down... Does anyone have any additional and/or contradicting information?

It'd be sad to see those building torn down. They are some of the last remnants of pedestrian friendly buildings in that area...

Those buildings are pretty worn out.  So long as something else built to the street is put back in there, I really don’t have a problem with it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
takemebacktotulsa
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 12:43:00 pm »

Those buildings are pretty worn out.  So long as something else built to the street is put back in there, I really don’t have a problem with it.

I wouldn't have a problem if they were built up to the street either, but what are the chances of that?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 12:48:47 pm »

What's at 32nd that is available for them? Maybe the former Amish Kitchen location? I guess there are a couple of store fronts there too.  Answered my own questions.  k thnx bai

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 12:49:09 pm »

I wouldn't have a problem if they were built up to the street either, but what are the chances of that?

Considering the CVS on the corner, slim to none.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 08:51:48 pm »

Considering the CVS on the corner, slim to none.

Beat me to the punch.  CVS will be the model for the area, as sad as that sounds.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 07:33:28 am »

What's at 32nd that is available for them? Maybe the former Amish Kitchen location?

Work was being done in the former Amish Kitchen location (neighborhood market out-parcel) this AM.
Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 04:16:00 pm »

I hope Umbertos moves.  The place they are in now doesn't inspire confidence.  They do a great pizza and their garlic knots are great.  The ambience was a problem. 
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 11:53:15 am »

For a hole-in-the-wall the pizza was pretty good.  Its been bulldozed now and Umbertos is in the newer former dry-cleaner/amish kitchen/BBQ/almost-destroyed-by-fire location.

https://goo.gl/maps/mwLtG674cUB2

https://www.facebook.com/UMBERTOSPIZZARIATULSA/photos/a.134342903269232.11599.134112513292271/949567821746732
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 12:01:06 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 01:36:30 pm »

Do we know yet what is going in the space they are re-habbing?  Looks like they are retrofitting the building to the west of Umberto’s old location.

Quinton
Activist

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 04:57:10 pm »

Empire Optical bought it and the medical blding next to it.they will move to the med bldg and clear the rest for parking.

Liberalism is a mental disorder
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 08:48:53 am »

Empire Optical bought it and the medical blding next to it.they will move to the med bldg and clear the rest for parking.

Great. More medical services adding more parking lots. Just what we needed. Instead of adding to the food options in that neighborhood and that corner, it will be another place lost to a mostly empty lot.  Real progress. Even in 2016, the parking crater just keeps on growing!

(See the massive bulldozed lots at 15th and Delaware that used to be half a dozen shops and a couple other big buildings leveled across the street - all thanks to the pain clinic!).

Sure, Umberto's old place might've been old and needing work, but it was actually 2 to 3 side-walk-fronted spaces connected to the Medi-Serv building. Just the kind of urban places we should try to keep: https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1332642,-95.9413456,3a,39.7y,226.47h,86.51t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s_9ByiTPgu4aw0HXVURrD5g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 09:08:33 am »

Great. More medical services adding more parking lots. Just what we needed. Instead of adding to the food options in that neighborhood and that corner, it will be another place lost to a mostly empty lot.  Real progress. Even in 2016, the parking crater just keeps on growing!

(See the massive bulldozed lots at 15th and Delaware that used to be half a dozen shops and a couple other big buildings leveled across the street - all thanks to the pain clinic!).

Sure, Umberto's old place might've been old and needing work, but it was actually 2 to 3 side-walk-fronted spaces connected to the Medi-Serv building. Just the kind of urban places we should try to keep: https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1332642,-95.9413456,3a,39.7y,226.47h,86.51t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s_9ByiTPgu4aw0HXVURrD5g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Unless you’ve heard different, I don’t think the vacant lot west of the pain clinic is destined to be more parking.  They have more than adequate parking on their property which has now included doing some demo work on the west side of the old Ray England TV building.

I’m guessing the lot on the west side of Delaware becomes an auto-centric retailer...like CVS.  Ghack!

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 10:54:42 am »

Unless you’ve heard different, I don’t think the vacant lot west of the pain clinic is destined to be more parking.  They have more than adequate parking on their property.

That's never stopped anyone before.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 11:50:23 am »

Remember when 21st and Harvard had a Mexican place, and a drug store, and a pizza joint... all fronted to the street? Remember when the other side had 2 or 3 multi story buildings fronting the street?

We traded all of that for a bigger QT (already had a QT) and a different drug store.

For the win?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org