A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:26:44 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative Transit to Thunder Games  (Read 6637 times)
Dspike
Activist

« on: October 02, 2015, 10:12:59 am »

My wife and I founded an alternative transit company (MotherRoad Travel) to provide upscale shuttle bus service between OKC and Tulsa. While we anticipate offering daily service in the future, our first step is servicing Thunder games this season to ensure there is sufficient demand for alternative transit on the Turnpike.

If you are attending a Thunder game, but wish to avoid the traffic, parking, tolls, and annoyance of driving back in the dark next to long-haul trucks, we hope you'll give us a try. We will pickup in downtown and South Tulsa for most games. Food and drinks (even the fun kind) are welcome on the shuttle.

And if you aren't heading to a Thunder game this season, but want to see alternative transit succeed in Oklahoma. Help us get the word out by letting your friends know about this service, especially anyone who might attend a Thunder game.

For more information, check out our ticketing website (www.motherroadtravel.com) and our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/MotherRoadTravel).

So sit back, relax, grab a beer, and let us do the driving. Thunder Up!

*MotherRoad Travel is not affiliated with the OKC Thunder organization, but we are working together to ensure Tulsa-based fans have a wonderful game day experience.*
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 10:22:04 am »

Wishing you all the best Adam!  If we manage to head down for a game this year, we will let you do the driving.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 10:38:36 am »

Awesome. Will make sure to pass this one to my Thunder Fan friends (those sick, sick people).

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Dspike
Activist

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 02:53:52 pm »

Thank you both. Appreciate any help getting the word out.
Dspike
Activist

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 10:36:07 am »

For a bit more information, the Tulsa World just did an article on this service over the weekend:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/transportation/couple-bets-big-on-tulsa-to-okc-transit/article_7ba81b56-ce7b-59ec-a818-a3add9625fad.html
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 12:39:19 pm »

I like the idea, just won't buy a game ticket until they drop the C from the team name.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 10:18:50 am »

I like the idea, just won't buy a game ticket until they drop the C from the team name.

You should notify the front office......

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org