A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:44:29 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The View by American Residential  (Read 50264 times)
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 11:25:40 am »

I think that's BSNF equipment dealing with the derailed train
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 11:47:37 am »

I think that's BSNF equipment dealing with the derailed train

Oh well...
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 09:24:14 am »

Oh well...

Yeah, it seems they're never going to start this. Finally downtown caught up to the demand and there's some vacancies. That's a disadvantage of having a few big companies own so much real estate downtown. They can pause their various projects until demand catches up (if it does). Seems short-sighted to me but they're the ones with the prime real estate and millions.

There's only so many renters. Another reason we need someone to put in a massive condo complex. Capture a new market of people wanting to own a piece of downtown.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2017, 12:37:41 pm »

There was a grader on the site over lunch today. Not sure if actual site work or just repairing ruts from the railroad work that utilized the lot...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2017, 01:45:53 pm »

There was a grader on the site over lunch today. Not sure if actual site work or just repairing ruts from the railroad work that utilized the lot...

Yeah, there's a shovel on the site too. There is equipment there from the railroad, but I'm not sure all of it is for the derailment.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2017, 02:52:04 pm »

I drove through downtown for the first time in a long time the other day, and it looked like they were doing site work.

I also noticed how great the Brady District looks. I just got back from a conference in LA and I didn't visit a single urban neighborhood as nice as the Brady, it's really doing awesome
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2017, 06:07:29 pm »

M

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2018, 01:44:03 pm »

As we wait for this one to go vertical I was recently in Raleigh NC and noticed they have a slightly larger downtown ballpark that is surrounded by 4-5 story newer brick residential buildings.  It reminded me the setup of ONEOK Field and what it could look like with The View to the south and the Ross Group project to the west..

Raleigh

The View

Ross Group mixed-use project
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 01:48:29 pm by SXSW » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2018, 09:38:36 pm »

The Ross Group building is worlds better looking.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2018, 03:41:58 pm »

The View to break ground in January.

http://www.newson6.com/story/39686466/the-view-apartment-building-in-tulsa-ground-breaking-begins-in-january

Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2019, 07:02:07 am »

This place still has signs up on the corner but otherwise, still an empty lot.
Is this going to get done?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2019, 07:50:09 am »

This place still has signs up on the corner but otherwise, still an empty lot.
Is this going to get done?

I've heard actual work will start within the next month. 

hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2019, 06:44:16 am »

I've heard actual work will start within the next month. 

All this new construction is awesome and I'm happy for Tulsa.

That said, ugh. It's already a pain driving/walking around Downtown and that will be the third major project within a few blocks. We just got Archer back. Boulder, BA, etc. Everything is under construction.  Huh

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2019, 10:27:05 am »

It would be nice if they could at least keep the Elgin sidewalk open during construction.  I know parts of downtown have been transformed over the past few years but this corner in particular will feel like a different city once The View and Vast Bank HQ are finished. 

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2019, 10:26:42 am »

Unfortunately not a high quality drone shot, but there's been a lot of activity on site recently. Looks like non equipment materials such as brick are beginning to be dropped off on site.  Once this gets going, it'll definitely change the feel of this whole area!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org