A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:31:04 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Davenport Urban Lofts  (Read 124875 times)
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #195 on: June 26, 2020, 02:32:40 pm »

Bricks are now up to the second level, though there are spaces to fill in. This is going to look awesome when it's covered in brick.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2020, 02:47:52 pm »

Spectacular glow before the morning sunrise.   I love this project...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 02:53:04 pm by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2020, 08:06:41 am »

Brick has almost reached the top on at least a couple sides. From last friday.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2020, 11:26:34 am »

Davenport with Main closed off for outdoor dining

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #199 on: September 16, 2020, 12:22:55 pm »

Davenport with Main closed off for outdoor dining

Looking great and really filling out the Arts District, but dang am I going to miss the view of seeing the Cain's sign from around this point. It was like the constant guardian light, always visible around that area.

I hope/wish I could rent one of those furnished for around a month just to see what that's like. No way could I in good financial conscience spend the amount they're asking for those. I get it for those that would, but that's likely not in the cards for me or the vast majority of Tulsans. I prioritize living space and maybe in a demographic they're aiming for, but can't fathom spending $500/ft2 for a place unless I was so rich that money meant almost nothing. You can send a couple kids to college and buy a beautiful mansion for less than what some of the units cost. Imagine buying one of those and being on a lower floor, facing the back side with highway/lot view.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #200 on: September 16, 2020, 01:11:20 pm »

Looking great and really filling out the Arts District, but dang am I going to miss the view of seeing the Cain's sign from around this point. It was like the constant guardian light, always visible around that area.

I hope/wish I could rent one of those furnished for around a month just to see what that's like. No way could I in good financial conscience spend the amount they're asking for those. I get it for those that would, but that's likely not in the cards for me or the vast majority of Tulsans. I prioritize living space and maybe in a demographic they're aiming for, but can't fathom spending $500/ft2 for a place unless I was so rich that money meant almost nothing. You can send a couple kids to college and buy a beautiful mansion for less than what some of the units cost. Imagine buying one of those and being on a lower floor, facing the back side with highway/lot view.

It will be interesting to see the plans for the LA King site to the south.  Anyone have any other info other than this:

According to the agreement, the Hanson family, through Mayfield, LLC, will redevelop the LA King building to a 25,740-square foot commercial mixed use structure consisting of a brewery, studio, retail and office components.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2020, 09:07:52 am »

It will be interesting to see the plans for the LA King site to the south.  Anyone have any other info other than this:

I've searched for plans on it and nothing seems to be public yet on it, as invested as the Hanson Brothers are in Tulsa and that area I'm sure it will be nice. I think given the development agreement they have they will be starting construction soon after Davenport is finished using the site as a staging location.

I just looked at the prices on Davenport and holy cow they've upped the prices. Most of the units are about a million dollars. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought most of the units were going to be in the $500k range or about $300/sq. ft. I haven't seen this marketed anywhere on typical real estate sites so I was concerned how this would do. It looks like they've sold most of the units though, they only have a small amount left as available on the property website. So, seems like a good thing to help establish the condo market downtown. I'd love to see some more affordable options though. Something in the $150k to $300k range with smaller units.
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2020, 09:24:33 am »

The Hanson plans are not public, and they’ve been very careful to keep them private. There are specific confidentiality provisions built into their TDA deal beyond the norm. Presumably this is because of their celebrity status, but it makes for an opaque process. They’re supposed to break ground by December so we may know more before end of year. Or else they’ll get another extension and we’ll stay in the dark a little longer.

The Davenport luxury-level product is the same type that was moving briskly in larger markets pre-pandemic. It exists in Tulsa right now in places like Utica Place: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2100-S-Utica-Ave-10-Tulsa-OK-74114/2078696605_zpid/.  There’s no telling how it will do in the pandemic era, but the anticipated marketing period in these developments can be protracted—in other words, they may be prepared for sellout to take awhile.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2020, 10:04:15 am »

I've searched for plans on it and nothing seems to be public yet on it, as invested as the Hanson Brothers are in Tulsa and that area I'm sure it will be nice. I think given the development agreement they have they will be starting construction soon after Davenport is finished using the site as a staging location.

What I’ve read only mentions the “25,640 sq ft” portion which presumably is the existing metal building adjacent to Davenport.  No idea what their plans are for the rest of the LA King site which includes parking lots and another building.  Hoping they add some new construction to the portion along Cameron.  That along with the TDA site across the street are two of the biggest remaining holes in this part of the Arts District.  Quality development on those parcels will tie together all of the recent developments on Main near the hotel to the new developments around Cain’s (Davenport & OKPop).

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #204 on: September 25, 2020, 01:11:10 pm »

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #205 on: November 23, 2020, 11:05:24 am »

Not a huge amount of visual difference from a couple months ago, but they are getting real close, and it won't be long until the crane disappears.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #206 on: January 31, 2021, 05:02:21 pm »

Looking up from the soundpony patio. Can't wait to see how the new tenants react to some of the louder evenings out here. How long until some of the soundpony graffiti ends up on the davenport?
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #207 on: August 02, 2021, 07:48:20 am »

This is just about done.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #208 on: August 02, 2021, 11:09:12 am »

I believe the redevelopment of the LA King property to the south hinged upon this project finishing as they were using that property during construction.  Anyone heard any recent news about that project?  This is the one the Hanson brothers are invested in.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2021, 02:17:17 pm »

Interior rendering from their website

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org