A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:21:51 am
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1077083 times)
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1965 on: January 06, 2022, 02:00:03 pm »

Asked a construction worker today what was going into the old Dos Bandidos... he said that GitWit is taking over that entire space. Seemed to indicate that they were pretty close to wrapping up. They've really done a lot of work in there.

Stepped in Vast building today... looks like the final two tenants on the north side of the building are announced.

A Mexico City inspired restaurant... and an interesting concept. Seems like a Golf themed bar/simulator with a private club feel. Apparently they have Top Golf esque areas for golfing virtually. Should be interesting.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1966 on: January 07, 2022, 04:49:53 pm »

That's what I thought about GitWit, which is great news to confirm. Seems like a great company and a good tech firm to have around downtown. Plus, the space is so awkward that it makes sense for them to spread out and take all of it. I will kind of miss the old Rusty Crane space since I liked the atmosphere in there and the great patio, but it is a good trade off for the area.

The Bunker sounds cool. Great to have something like that coming downtown.

On the other side of downtown, the building that Saturn Room previously announced they would move into is under renovations. I like the current location a lot and am not sure why they want to move here, but I've heard they still plan to make the move when this space is finished. Might just be a rent vs owning thing.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1967 on: January 10, 2022, 03:05:22 pm »

Pic from the Tulsa World showing the Greenwood and Blue Dome Districts.  Pretty amazing to see the changes, a lot of this wasn't here or was vacant 5 years ago.  Looking forward to seeing Santa Fe Square filled out and especially the PAC Annex.  After those projects I would probably put redevelopment of the NORDAM site up there to anchor the southern half of the Blue Dome as the next transformational downtown project along with continued infill along both Elgin and Greenwood south of 1st  

« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 03:11:57 pm by SXSW » Logged

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1968 on: January 11, 2022, 01:55:36 pm »

Great Photo,

The PAC lot sticks out like a sore thumb even from this angle... cannot wait for that lot to go away.

Re: NORDAM site... it was my understanding that it had been converted to office space. Is that incorrect?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1969 on: January 11, 2022, 04:51:06 pm »

Great Photo,

The PAC lot sticks out like a sore thumb even from this angle... cannot wait for that lot to go away.

Re: NORDAM site... it was my understanding that it had been converted to office space. Is that incorrect?

It's almost unbelievable how big of an impact Santa Fe Square and the PAC Annex projects will make on the overall feel of this section of downtown.  Similar to the intersection of Archer & Elgin which is completely different than it was prior to ONEOK Field, Vast Bank and now The View, but on a much bigger scale. 

Part of the NORDAM site was turned into office space but there are still vacant lots there and just to the west along 6th. 

Jacobei
Citizen

« Reply #1970 on: January 11, 2022, 07:35:16 pm »

From what I've seen the Nordam site is now the gated private property of Brickhugger. I don't think it will ever be developed. It's. just a garage for motorcycles now.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1971 on: January 12, 2022, 11:12:47 am »

From what I've seen the Nordam site is now the gated private property of Brickhugger. I don't think it will ever be developed. It's. just a garage for motorcycles now.

Doubt that especially with Ross Group owning the sites to the west and south and likely planning mixed-use redevelopment.  If anything they would sell them to someone else to develop.

Jacobei
Citizen

« Reply #1972 on: January 12, 2022, 08:44:01 pm »

Doubt that especially with Ross Group owning the sites to the west and south and likely planning mixed-use redevelopment.  If anything they would sell them to someone else to develop.

I asked the city councilor about it. It seems they are. The streets have the red street signs indicating private property. I have photos from a couple weeks ago, but I'm not sure where they are.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #1973 on: January 13, 2022, 01:27:19 pm »

I asked the city councilor about it. It seems they are. The streets have the red street signs indicating private property. I have photos from a couple weeks ago, but I'm not sure where they are.

They've had those red street signs up for a long time, I think they had those put up pretty quickly after they bought that site.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1974 on: March 30, 2022, 04:45:54 pm »

Anyone know what is planned for the old gas station at 2nd & Kenosha?  There is a sign up with Watershed Hospitality (Kilkennys, Nola’s) so I assume a restaurant/bar concept.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1975 on: March 30, 2022, 06:36:41 pm »

Weird spot for it... definitely a little walk between that and anything else at the moment. I do love everything that group does though so I'll be watching.

Did we talk about the old El Guapo's space becoming a chicken place? I believe the banner says "red light chicken". Curious if it will have a bar or what. It's a big restaurant for chicken wings/fingers.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #1976 on: March 31, 2022, 09:07:31 am »

Anyone know what is planned for the old gas station at 2nd & Kenosha?  There is a sign up with Watershed Hospitality (Kilkennys, Nola’s) so I assume a restaurant/bar concept.

They have a sign up at the old Mary's on Cherry Street too. That's a lot of quick expansion, but they do good work, so I'm sure they'll be worthwhile.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1977 on: March 31, 2022, 09:16:39 am »

They have a sign up at the old Mary's on Cherry Street too. That's a lot of quick expansion, but they do good work, so I'm sure they'll be worthwhile.

That’s going to be called The Bellwether.  This in addition to The Hemingway in the basement of the 1515 Lofts (and next to where Hatch will be opening a location in the old Subway later this year).

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1978 on: March 31, 2022, 09:19:18 am »

I will finally be convinced that Tulsa is "up and coming" when that old Subway goes away. Such an eyesore on a prime street. Boggles my mind it's taking so long  Smiley
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #1979 on: March 31, 2022, 09:22:44 pm »

Santa Fe office tower is now up to 90% ish pre-leased. Not sure who the new tenant is that has signed. The apartments are close to pulling permits, I've heard it is going to be within a month. The View has leased up almost twice as fast as they were expecting so ARG is ready to move on another project.

I've hear the PAC/Annex project is pulling permits around June/July.

Sinclair building rehab is starting soon as well.

Evan's site proposals last community meeting is in a few days. The two proposals are a soccer stadium with a little bit of retail around the stadium (that is dependent on getting like $50 million of the ARPA funds to even be built) or a mixed-use development that will rehab the iron works building and then infill on the vacant land that would include a mixed-use tower somewhere between 15-40 stories depending on market demand (would include office, multi-family, and a hotel in a single building with the podium of the tower being a theater (think Steelhouse in Omaha/Apollo Theater in Harlem) and a parking garage to service the site and BMX) - iron works rehab would be Phase 1, tower/mixed-use portion would be Phase 2.

Riverside RFP is moving forward too, more news on that will be coming in about a month or sooner I believe.

The project along Peoria just north of 11th that was going to be two office buildings is likely not happening now it was going to be an owner-use build to suit and they are reevaluating and likely going to just flip the site for a profit to an apartment developer.

Several small infill projects coming in the Pearl that will be townhomes, Tulsa Boy's Home redevelopment is starting in a couple months - permits are being pulled soon.

NoMa project is in full gear, they've got the first floor retail spaces and concrete finished and are moving up. It's going up fast.

Still no news on GKFF's Western Supply site, that whole situation is odd given the need for new housing on why they haven't started on anything. It'd not like they don't have the money to pay for the entire thing in cash if they felt like it.  
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 09:25:47 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org