A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:13:21 am
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1084885 times)
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #1830 on: March 25, 2021, 10:51:15 am »

The Brook's loaded cheddar fries will be listed as a contributing factor of death on my autopsy.

That said, I'm really interested to see what other concepts go in this building.

It is hard to tell how much space The Brook will take up on the first floor.. that will influence how many things can go there if the only space they are taking up is essentially an entryway to get up to the second floor/roof.

I'm excited by this project. I'd take projects like this all day long over 1 significant high-rise.. stuff like this is what makes a downtown. Tulsa really needs more rooftops and outdoor dining areas. It will make the city feel a lot more alive than having every bar/restaurant with 99% of its seating inside.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1831 on: March 25, 2021, 01:06:46 pm »

Couple of small things I've noticed recently, but I do think they add a bit more life to downtown.

Hyatt Place sign (Adds a nice pop of color on Boston)

Oklahoma Fidelity also opened a office in the 624 Boston building.  They recently put up quite a large sign.  I haven't driven by to see what it looks like at night yet.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1832 on: March 25, 2021, 04:28:34 pm »

I wouldn't want the apartments with windows next to that sign. I wonder how bright it will be.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1833 on: March 25, 2021, 06:18:10 pm »

Now that 2020 is behind we can look forward to what we will see in 2021.  A few projects I’m aware of, feel free to add more..

GreenArch 2/Greenwood Rising - 3 story mixed-use office building with an educational component about the 1921 Race Massacre at the corner will be completed this summer

The president of the Greenwood Chamber of Commerce on Thursday called on the city to do more to ensure public safety during the centennial commemoration of the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre.

“The city of Tulsa needs to roll their sleeves up and work with the business owners down here and the Greenwood Chamber and help us come up with a plan for security,” said Freeman Culver. “There are going to be hundreds of thousands of people here. We are wanting them to feel safe, and we want the sidewalks to be repaired and we want more lighting.”

The city issued a statement Thursday addressing Culver’s remarks and reiterating its intention to continue working with the Greenwood Chamber to plan for the centennial commemoration.

“As the 1921 Race Massacre Centennial approaches, the city is aware of the potential for increased foot traffic and visitors to the Greenwood area,” the statement reads. “Currently, we are in the planning stages for safety and security leading up to and directly following the centennial date.

The statement notes that Greenwood has “some of the highest concentrations of street lights in downtown Tulsa” and that more lighting is planned for the nearby GreenArch commercial development and Greenwood Rising History Center.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/greenwood-chamber-calls-for-more-security-lighting-in-preparation-for-race-massacre-centennial-commemoration/article_b3d3ba5a-8d8e-11eb-b02e-4f39a4a0ddaf.html

Of all the nationwide street protests against police brutality in recent years, I have yet to see one that started on a dark street.
Demonstrators want to see, and be seen. Same with graffiti, who wants their f-bomb masterpiece to languish in the dark?

I suspect no amount of taxpayer-funded lighting is going to pacify people who insist that lighting public spaces like prison yards vanquishes crime.  Ironically, descriptions of the 1921 rioting place the genesis of the violence as taking place at one of the brightest-lit streets that existed in Tulsa at the time.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #1834 on: March 28, 2021, 01:49:48 pm »

Couple of small things I've noticed recently, but I do think they add a bit more life to downtown.

Oklahoma Fidelity also opened a office in the 624 Boston building.  They recently put up quite a large sign.  I haven't driven by to see what it looks like at night yet.

The Oklahoma Fidelity Bank sign is schnazzy! Also, I like that the "Oklahoma Fidelity" is a minor part of the sign so when they get bought out in the future it's an easy change  Grin
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #1835 on: March 31, 2021, 10:25:11 pm »

I wouldn't want the apartments with windows next to that sign. I wonder how bright it will be.

Isn't that building still older office space? I don't think it's been converted to lofts yet.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #1836 on: March 31, 2021, 10:29:41 pm »

Spotlight reopening soon. This is a cool little building.

Would love to see this part of Riverside be more active, always thought this area north of 21st was super under utilized outside of the theater. Hopefully the city decides to do something with the vacant parcel at SW Blvd & Riverside. Anyone know what that specific site hasn't had an RFP or anything released on it? I don't get why the city is sitting on it... especially after the Route 66 Museum idea died.

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/historic-tulsa-spotlight-theater-reopening-this-spring
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1837 on: April 04, 2021, 08:30:14 am »

This is north of downtown at Reading & MLK.  Good to see more attainable housing planned, hopefully we’ll see more of the empty lots infilled in this neighborhood

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1838 on: April 04, 2021, 08:49:36 am »

Spotlight reopening soon. This is a cool little building.

Would love to see this part of Riverside be more active, always thought this area north of 21st was super under utilized outside of the theater. Hopefully the city decides to do something with the vacant parcel at SW Blvd & Riverside. Anyone know what that specific site hasn't had an RFP or anything released on it? I don't get why the city is sitting on it... especially after the Route 66 Museum idea died.

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/historic-tulsa-spotlight-theater-reopening-this-spring

Riverview is one of my favorite neighborhoods.  I like eclectic mix of housing and hilly tree-lined streets.  I’ve thought before that the riverfront could be better utilized in this area, specifically the area around Blue Rose Cafe and Elwood’s.  Another restaurant with outdoor seating and coffee shop around that little cove would be a draw from the neighborhood and trail users.  And redevelopment of the older apartments along Riverside into newer higher density like what they’ve done with the Cosmopolitan.

For the Crybaby Hill site, if the Rt 66 museum is dead I would like to see that entire site as dense housing of some kind, either rental apartments or for-sale condos.  With the growth of the nearby OSU and VA hospital complex this is a great spot for residential targeting students and healthcare workers.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 08:52:59 am by SXSW » Logged

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #1839 on: April 04, 2021, 11:43:08 am »

This is north of downtown at Reading & MLK.  Good to see more attainable housing planned, hopefully we’ll see more of the empty lots infilled in this neighborhood

Boomtown is doing some great work. My only complaint is they look to be building fencing along Cincinnati and just wish it was slightly more pedestrian and street facing there but really not a lot of complain about. They are filling a void of providing nice housing to people in between being able to qualify for low income but not being in a position to pay for most new homes in the area which pretty much are all over $300,000 at this point. I'm glad to see them getting going with so many projects. The one in Kendall Whitter is actively under construction now. I'm also glad to see TDA is getting interest for a lot of their land it seems. Hopefully this will be a good start to them getting a lot of the land they've been sitting on for a while to be developed with some quality projects like this.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1840 on: April 10, 2021, 09:40:11 am »

New developments along Greenwood: GreenArch2 under construction, Hogan Assessments HQ and 111 Greenwood

« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 09:42:48 am by SXSW » Logged

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1841 on: April 10, 2021, 09:42:22 am »

Yes, that is Phase II. Phase III is for the remaining lots along 8th Street. From what I was told I believe they will be townhome rentals versus apartments for those lots - there will be around a dozen of those.

Phase II broke ground last week

https://www.news9.com/story/606fbd9299e20e0bc10e11c6/new-retail-restaurant-development-breaks-ground-in-tulsas-pearl-district-?fbclid=IwAR0BmZL6RzruAcRaJOE2ciwCaMfVZNYtM3pFNSlznP2WeIlnZo9cS0E-hdA
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 09:44:12 am by SXSW » Logged

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1842 on: April 12, 2021, 09:23:29 am »

111 Greenwood mixed-use project nears completion on downtown's east side

50 units about to be opened.

https://tulsaworld.com/business/local/111-greenwood-mixed-use-project-nears-completion-on-downtowns-east-side/article_cd54b234-92ea-11eb-b09b-6f47ced31d70.html
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1843 on: April 12, 2021, 10:52:43 am »

Not sure of the current status of this office project - it was proposed last May at 10th & Peoria.  The CBRE listing indicates delivery in March 2022...

« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 10:56:54 am by SXSW » Logged

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #1844 on: April 12, 2021, 11:07:24 am »

Not sure of the current status of this office project - it was proposed last May at 10th & Peoria.  The CBRE listing indicates delivery in March 2022...

Not sure who the tenant(s) is/are, but there are pre leases for approximately 20,000 sq. ft. on the 4th and 3rd floors. Only spaces left is for the 2nd floor. Not sure if the retail on the first floor has been leased or not. At least that's what I've heard through the grapevine and the spaces for both those areas have been removed from Costar and other places too so I'm pretty sure it is legit.

There will be an almost identical building built just north of this one too. This is Pearl Ridge south and there is a planned 'north' building too of the same size built toward 8th.

I don't believe they have started actually site work just yet, but I believe it will start soon especially if March 2022 is the timeline which is what was updated to delivery in Costar as well.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org