A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:43:43 am
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1077131 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1590 on: December 13, 2019, 03:38:01 pm »

I've heard the Fairfield in the Arts District will get a new single level parking structure that will be over it's existing small lot to the east.  Construction starts early next year. 

Hopefully they will put storefronts at the ends by the street on the first floor.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1591 on: December 13, 2019, 04:55:46 pm »

That will get them what, 30-40 more parking spots? Unless I am missing something. It's not a big lot and the ramps will take up a bunch of the space.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1592 on: December 16, 2019, 08:58:26 am »

OTASCO:

Davenport:

Ripley's is almost done.

111 Greenwood is progressing well. It seems to be mostly a stick built building, which is a little surprising.

Doesn't look like there's a lot of movement on the OKPOP museum just yet.

WPX is still a giant pit. Hard to see anything going on in the dark.
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #1593 on: December 16, 2019, 09:13:02 am »

In the area of Otasco and Ripley's, from your last post.

New concept coming (I believe) in between Andolini's Sliced and the IDL Ballroom/Enso area. Shady Keys, dueling piano bar: https://www.facebook.com/shadykeystulsa/
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1594 on: December 16, 2019, 10:18:36 am »

Checked out the DGX this weekend. ( Opened early I guess?). I think it's going to be a huge hit. Much bigger than I was initially expecting. Had a decent selection of fresh produce and other food items. Some typical dry/boxed things in the selection as well. I would say it's more like a CVS than anything, lots of household items.  You're not going to be able to do all of your shopping there, but it certainly could save some trips out to 15th for Reasor's.  It was very crowded this weekend, if I lived downtown, I'd be visiting very frequently.

Thanks for the picture updates whale Smiley
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 10:20:12 am by ComeOnBenjals » Logged
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1595 on: December 16, 2019, 12:48:07 pm »

In the area of Otasco and Ripley's, from your last post.

New concept coming (I believe) in between Andolini's Sliced and the IDL Ballroom/Enso area. Shady Keys, dueling piano bar: https://www.facebook.com/shadykeystulsa/

Nope, this isn't a new concept.
I believe the unicorn club (just around the corner) at one point housed a dueling piano bar.  
Full moon cafe also used to do dueling pianos.
I think Cherokee / Hard Rock has/had a dueling piano bar
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 02:04:00 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
buffalodan
Activist

« Reply #1596 on: December 16, 2019, 02:03:55 pm »

I believe Tulsa the unicorn club (just around the corner) at one point housed a dueling piano bar. 

I forgot about Full moon cafe. I'm curious how well a dueling piano bar will do compared to a bar and grill that hosted dueling pianos a few times a month.
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #1597 on: December 16, 2019, 02:46:52 pm »

I believe the unicorn club (just around the corner) at one point housed a dueling piano bar.  
I think Cherokee / Hard Rock has/had a dueling piano bar

I meant new in current state of downtown businesses. But noted - I know of a similar place in OKC that I hope this one has the same vibes and decor
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1598 on: December 16, 2019, 03:25:23 pm »

I meant new in current state of downtown businesses. But noted - I know of a similar place in OKC that I hope this one has the same vibes and decor

Dueling piano bars are the kinda thing that you go once, and it's fun and ok, but then you never feel the need to go back.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #1599 on: December 27, 2019, 03:59:32 pm »

I've heard the Fairfield in the Arts District will get a new single level parking structure that will be over it's existing small lot to the east.  Construction starts early next year. 

Here's the article on that:
https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/new-hotel-project-to-help-relieve-parking-stress-in-arts/article_8b6ee603-9a24-5ed7-8a31-18307936fea2.html
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #1600 on: December 27, 2019, 04:04:18 pm »

That will get them what, 30-40 more parking spots? Unless I am missing something. It's not a big lot and the ramps will take up a bunch of the space.

Close. Article says 45 new spots and at a cost of $2.2 million! $49k/spot! I knew parking garages are expensive but didn't realize how much it would be just for a single-story add on.

Also says:

Fairfield also is undergoing a $1.2 million renovation, which is scheduled for completion in February, Hartman said.

Which is interesting considering how new it is. I'm guessing they're going to try to make some rooms more trendy in line with what people staying around there would want rather than just "hotel trendy" (which means some sort of faux modern look that was never actually in style and no one actually likes but is inexplicably the ubiquitous style for every new relatively nice hotel chain, especially in cool areas).
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #1601 on: January 02, 2020, 03:53:20 pm »

Took some pictures of the progress of some of the developments going on downtown the other day.

Davenport Lofts

WPX Not really much to see here.  Just a big hole in the ground.

The View Again, not much to see just yet.  Just some equipment and earth work.

111 Greenwood

The Goat restaurant Located in a newly renovated building in the East Village.  Corner of 3rd and Kenosha.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1602 on: January 02, 2020, 09:57:42 pm »

Good stuff, thanks for keeping the photo updates going.

111 Greenwood is really taking off. Hard to get as excited for that location as I am for others, but it's a nice project.

I walked past Ripley's on NYE and it looks like it is ready to open. Not sure why they didnt try for a NYE opening, but maybe that would have been too difficult for a newly opened bar.
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #1603 on: January 03, 2020, 01:53:41 pm »

^ Thanks, and thank you for your continuous photo updates!
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1604 on: January 05, 2020, 01:00:12 pm »

VAST Bank will be finished soon along with In the Raw and The French Hen.  Excited to see WPX and The View go vertical this year.  Thinking about the next wave of developments, not a ton of information and/or confidence in these just yet:

Arts District
- GKFF mixed-use project at Easton & Boulder
- Hanson Brothers mixed-use project/brewery at Cameron & Main
- Renovation of Philbrook Downtown into the Bob Dylan Archive (still bummed we aren't going to see a new building for this..)
- GreenArch II office building at Archer & Greenwood

Blue Dome
- Santa Fe Square office building??  They have stated that is the next phase, then the residential portion
- PAC Annex residential and grocery store??
- OTASCO project at 3rd & Cincinnati finishing up by the end of the year

East Village
- Redevelopment of the NORDAM site by Brickhugger??

Deco District
- Renovation of the Reunion Building (4th & Main) into apartments
- Renovation of the Holarud Building (3rd & Main) into offices

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org