A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:29:06 am
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1071100 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1170 on: May 09, 2018, 10:29:47 am »

Vintage 1740, a mainstay in the "SoBo" area, is opening a second location in the Blue Dome District.

Probably the worst kept secret from other bar reps I've talked to, but should be a good spot for them. Residential right next door, a couple restaurants close by.

Good to know, I've always liked Vintage 1740.  Will it be the same name or a different concept?  I wish we could get another tapas and wine bar like Torero downtown.

AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #1171 on: May 09, 2018, 10:33:56 am »

Vintage 1740, a mainstay in the "SoBo" area, is opening a second location in the Blue Dome District.

Probably the worst kept secret from other bar reps I've talked to, but should be a good spot for them. Residential right next door, a couple restaurants close by.

Not quite sure where this would be located, can you elaborate?  They have posted job openings for their "new downtown location" on FB.
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #1172 on: May 09, 2018, 11:34:45 am »

The Facebook job post shows 324 E 1st St S Tulsa, OK 74120 as the new address. Next to the old Comedy Parlor location (I've seen construction ongoing recently) on 1st Street.

Their Facebook replies suggest it's going to be a second location. I can't imagine they would want to give up their original location, it always seems to be doing well. Plus that patio isn't something you can replicate at the new location, from what I've seen
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1173 on: May 09, 2018, 01:15:59 pm »

Good location if that's it.  Is there space above the second story for a rooftop patio?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1174 on: May 10, 2018, 12:17:05 pm »

Good location if that's it.  Is there space above the second story for a rooftop patio?

There was an outdoor fireplace I believe in the lot between it and the 310 building.  Not sure if it's still there.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1175 on: May 18, 2018, 12:03:06 pm »

From the article about the planning happening for the "Arena District".  That's the first I've heard of the Justice District and River Overlook District.  Seriously why can't the Brady Tulsa Arts District just extend over to the edge of IDL?  River Overlook is kind of a cool name but I don't see it catching on.  Something like Medical District would be more appropriate with the hospital there, or just extend the Arena District to include that area.

I also liked this slide.  River connectivity to downtown has always been a problem and still no viable solutions.  Interested to see what they propose to do

http://www.newson6.com/story/38155328/planning-underway-to-transform-downtown-tulsas-arena-district

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #1176 on: May 29, 2018, 12:06:56 pm »

Photo gallery: Check out the properties that used historic tax credits for redevelopment
http://www.tulsaworld.com/photovideo/slideshows/photo-gallery-check-out-the-properties-that-used-historic-tax/collection_87cd3931-0d8c-53c8-bf71-c66c9896963f.html

Almost all of the buildings getting tax credits are in downtown or very close by.

Cities Station in West Tulsa appears to be the only one very far outside IDL but it's still pretty close. It makes sense historically, but I'd expect a few more properties in midtown to get tax credits (Maybe some Brookside/Cherry St area buildings). I doubt that list is exhaustive though because surely some Whittier/Pearl buildings were able to get credits but there were none on the list.
kingsy
Citizen

« Reply #1177 on: May 29, 2018, 02:31:03 pm »

I've heard that Vintage will be downtown and the current bar is going to be turned into a different concept.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1178 on: May 30, 2018, 08:14:49 am »

111 Greenwood / Greenwood Social
(development formerly known as Hartford Crossing),

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/whetting-an-appetite-developer-plans-food-hall-concept-for-greenwood/article_57494e1b-0785-5a3d-82e8-63d104de6f63.html

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #1179 on: May 31, 2018, 08:47:20 am »

That's cool it will be sort of like Mother Road Market but much smaller. I'm glad others have also traveled and agree that food halls are the future. Restaurant startup costs are ludicrous and not the best economic model and are not great overall for walkability, especially compared to a food court with 7+ options in a slightly larger footprint.

Seems like the perfect place to draw from Greenwood area, Blue Dome and be easily accessible right off the highway. A bit risky as it is just outside walking range of CBD/BOK Tower (to get that walking lunch crowd), but is in an area with close vicinity to several new/planned apartments (The GreenArch II, the View, Nordam-site) and will be perfectly located across from Santa Fe Square but that'll be a while. The estimated completion date is in 2020 which sounds really far away but that's only 19 months away! I'm hoping Santa Fe Square will have another building up close to that time.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1180 on: May 31, 2018, 09:59:50 am »

Seems like the perfect place to draw from Greenwood area, Blue Dome and be easily accessible right off the highway. A bit risky as it is just outside walking range of CBD/BOK Tower (to get that walking lunch crowd), but is in an area with close vicinity to several new/planned apartments (The GreenArch II, the View, Nordam-site) and will be perfectly located across from Santa Fe Square but that'll be a while. The estimated completion date is in 2020 which sounds really far away but that's only 19 months away! I'm hoping Santa Fe Square will have another building up close to that time.

Once Santa Fe Square is built-out it won't seem so far.  The walk down 2nd from the CBD to Greenwood will be significantly improved with the Annex between Cincinnati and Detroit and Santa Fe Sq between Elgin and Greenwood.

I have thought for awhile the old brick warehouse at 1st & Elgin would make a cool food hall.  Really at this point I just hope it becomes something other than a vacant warehouse.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #1181 on: June 01, 2018, 08:31:24 am »

Once Santa Fe Square is built-out it won't seem so far.  The walk down 2nd from the CBD to Greenwood will be significantly improved with the Annex between Cincinnati and Detroit and Santa Fe Sq between Elgin and Greenwood.

I agree it will be the perfect spot after Santa Fe Square was built besides the mild inconvenience of facing the 1300-spot-parking-lot end of it. I certainly hope they plan on having the 2nd Santa Fe building finished some time in 2020 when this food hall is supposed to be done. If those get built, 2nd street will be like the new unofficial Main Street of Tulsa. That will be quite a brilliant walk, and especially impressive stretch compared to the parking lot/vacant building haven it was 10+ years ago.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #1182 on: June 01, 2018, 08:44:27 am »

I have thought for awhile the old brick warehouse at 1st & Elgin would make a cool food hall.  Really at this point I just hope it becomes something other than a vacant warehouse.

I thought (based on posts on here), a lady owned that vacant warehouse who was intent on never selling and only using it for storage. Apparently she hated downtown or something. I cannot understand that mindset: "No, I will never sell this storage building for tremendous life-changing profit because I have a grudge against anything good happening in the heart of my city"

Maybe she is outrageously rich and doesn't care about the money, only stopping downtown development. She also owns 401 W 1st which is right across from the BOK center and while sandwiched in by Sheriff/government/industrial things, could potentially be a neat converted warehouse and brick-facade building.   
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #1183 on: June 01, 2018, 09:56:59 am »

I thought I heard about some retail going into that brick warehouse at 1st and Elgin. It was a few months ago, but guess it never happened (it seemed unbelievable in the first place)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1184 on: June 01, 2018, 10:13:27 am »

I agree it will be the perfect spot after Santa Fe Square was built besides the mild inconvenience of facing the 1300-spot-parking-lot end of it. I certainly hope they plan on having the 2nd Santa Fe building finished some time in 2020 when this food hall is supposed to be done. If those get built, 2nd street will be like the new unofficial Main Street of Tulsa. That will be quite a brilliant walk, and especially impressive stretch compared to the parking lot/vacant building haven it was 10+ years ago.

This is the 2nd St frontage for Santa Fe Square, yeah too bad they couldn't fit the parking structure in the middle with apartments fronting Greenwood.  Per the site plan below there will only be retail at the corners. 

« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 10:15:21 am by SXSW » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org