A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:30:50 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cord Cutting in Tulsa  (Read 168475 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #195 on: April 05, 2017, 06:59:13 am »

SlingTV just gets better and better....

Noodlez
Activist

« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2017, 11:50:38 am »

Cox added a new fee to my bill this month. Regional Sports Surcharge. I haven't added or changed anything. I feel the end for me is coming as well.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #197 on: April 05, 2017, 12:48:01 pm »

SlingTV just gets better and better....

Has anyone tried Playstation Vue?

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #198 on: April 05, 2017, 05:06:59 pm »

Cox added a new fee to my bill this month. Regional Sports Surcharge. I haven't added or changed anything. I feel the end for me is coming as well.

The sooner the better....

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #199 on: April 05, 2017, 09:34:17 pm »

I've tried Playstation Vue and Directv Now. Other than streaming issues, Playstation Vue worked pretty well. Their DVR ability and streaming service integration worked fairly well. I'm testing DirectvNow.. now and like it less.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #200 on: April 06, 2017, 02:14:02 pm »

I have been using it since it came out. Previously I used SlingTV and while it was ok, there were always buffering issues with more popular shows. For example a season premier or highly watched sporting event. It was very annoying and from what I have read continues to happen to this day. When Playstation Vue became available I signed up for a trial of it and used it along with SlingTV for a few months. Never had an issue with Vue buffering or "wonking out" as my wife calls it during a show/sporting event so we cancelled SlingTV and have been with Playstation Vue ever since.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #201 on: April 06, 2017, 06:59:24 pm »

No buffering here....

Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #202 on: January 16, 2018, 08:42:25 pm »

Is anybody using AT&T former UVerse internet plans? The "Internet 10" is the only thing available at my house and that sounds like a huge step down from my current 300 Mbps plan on Cox. Just curious if anyone can vouch for these lower tier AT&T speeds and how they hold up to streaming.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #203 on: January 17, 2018, 01:25:16 pm »

Is anybody using AT&T former UVerse internet plans? The "Internet 10" is the only thing available at my house and that sounds like a huge step down from my current 300 Mbps plan on Cox. Just curious if anyone can vouch for these lower tier AT&T speeds and how they hold up to streaming.

I have UVerse 24.  I generally get close to that on a wired connection. Just checked, and I'm getting about 23 right now.  I have had trouble in the past with the router, and was getting very slow (sub 10) wireless speeds, and that was definitely affecting the streaming and general browsing.  (My TVs are wired, as is my Son's xbox, everything else is wireless.)   I did some fiddling with the router and have alleviated most of that, and now get generally in the high teens (16-18 ish...) on wireless, which seems fine.  If your max is going to be ten, you can expect a little less than that as a general rule, and depending upon how much you stream, etc, I could see it being an issue.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2018, 10:10:10 am »

Appears to be a legit email from DirecTV:

Your DIRECTV® equipment needs to be replaced*, but we have you covered.
*EQUIPMENT NON-RETURN & ADD'L FEES, CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS APPLY. For eligible customers only. See details below.

Starting on 3/20/19, you will no longer be able to view your local channels with your current equipment. But don't worry, we've got you covered! All you need to do is call us to schedule your free installation for your new equipment. Your new equipment will provide you with HD service at no additional cost.*

The fine print after the asterisk says the equipment is "free" after rebates, and I must also pay rent on equipment going forward at $7 a piece.
Being a DirecTV early adopter in the '90's doesnt have much currency with new owners at&t, so that sounds like my cue to jump ship.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TeeDub
« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2018, 02:36:48 pm »

I have several people I know who dropped the directTV dish and just took the directtv now (streaming.)   They all like it, but are annoyed by the constant calls wanting to know why they dropped their service.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2018, 06:00:59 pm »

I have several people I know who dropped the directTV dish and just took the directtv now (streaming.)   They all like it, but are annoyed by the constant calls wanting to know why they dropped their service.

I don't know if the email is legit; I haven't gotten one of these.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2018, 07:18:22 pm »

I don't know if the email is legit; I haven't gotten one of these.

Iffy.  The TiVo im using I bought a couple weeks before 9/11.  How many other appliances last that long?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #208 on: March 15, 2018, 07:32:18 pm »

Iffy.  The TiVo im using I bought a couple weeks before 9/11.  How many other appliances last that long?

Ah.  OK.  I'm just using their stock equipment.  And on the entry contract (2 years).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2018, 08:41:30 pm »

Jesus, really?

Send me a PM and I just might be able to help with that.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org