A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:31:26 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks Jim  (Read 12623 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 06:13:03 pm »

I fully support anything that makes it less likely that people will drive more because of higher fuel prices and therefore be in my way....Smiley

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 06:28:29 pm »

I think what is also happening is that they are looking around at the new battery and renewable energy technologies that have been percolating up recently, some flat out incredible new technology out there, (along with potential new electric cars) and can see the writing on the wall.  What they are doing is just as much a "shot across the bow" at those things as the US shale gas industry. 

That is probably true as well.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 07:26:23 pm »

I think what is also happening is that they are looking around at the new battery and renewable energy technologies that have been percolating up recently, some flat out incredible new technology out there, (along with potential new electric cars) and can see the writing on the wall.  What they are doing is just as much a "shot across the bow" at those things as the US shale gas industry. 

We were talking about Saudi and oil today at work - and came to the general conclusion that they are definitely trying to "slap" us and put us back in our place.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 09:30:56 am »

We were talking about Saudi and oil today at work - and came to the general conclusion that they are definitely trying to "slap" us and put us back in our place.

The Saudis and the Qataris don't want us pumping oil, they want our money, and they use that money to fund radical right wing Islam. They are dumping oil at below cost in order to do it.

Setting a trade floor on oil prices to support the US Oil industry saves US jobs, keeps our money spent on energy here (or at least within NAFTA) and keeps money out of the hands of the kinds of people that are funding the Imams that teach terror. 
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 10:22:03 am »

The Saudis and the Qataris don't want us pumping oil, they want our money, and they use that money to fund radical right wing Islam. They are dumping oil at below cost in order to do it.

Setting a trade floor on oil prices to support the US Oil industry saves US jobs, keeps our money spent on energy here (or at least within NAFTA) and keeps money out of the hands of the kinds of people that are funding the Imams that teach terror. 

100% right about them not wanting us to pump oil....except for the "below cost" part.... it doesn't cost Saudi (or anyone in the US or Canada) anywhere near even $25 a barrel to produce oil on average.  NOBODY loses money at $40 a barrel - or even $30.  The profits are only large, rather than huge!  Nor does it cost anywhere near that much in the vast majority of the places in the world.   North Sea probably gets close to that now....it is one of the higher cost venues for oil production.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 10:45:42 am »

Speaking of Saudi Arabia......
http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/raif-badawi-to-be-publicly-flogged-every-week-for-months-after-insulting-islam/story-fnh81ifq-1227185842850

onward...through the fog
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 10:56:32 am »

Saudi Arabia is one of the most evil and repressive nations on earth, they make North Korea and Cuba look like rank amateurs. Their entire economy is based on oil profits and slavery guest workers while exporting the most vile form of Islam around the world.

But they are our friends.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2013/11/colour-slavery-2013112483045927138.html
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:56:31 am by swake » Logged
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 11:30:01 am »

Saudi Arabia is the most one of the most evil and repressive nations on earth, they make North Korea and Cuba look like rank amateurs. Their entire economy is based on oil profits and slavery guest workers while exporting the most vile form of Islam around the world.

But they are our friends.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2013/11/colour-slavery-2013112483045927138.html

With friends like these...

http://dailysignal.com/2014/12/31/inequality-steroids-saudi-women-facing-terrorism-charges-driving

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/congressmen-demand-release-of-report-on-saudi-role-in-911-attacks

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 04:34:03 pm »

100% right about them not wanting us to pump oil....except for the "below cost" part.... it doesn't cost Saudi (or anyone in the US or Canada) anywhere near even $25 a barrel to produce oil on average.  NOBODY loses money at $40 a barrel - or even $30.  The profits are only large, rather than huge!  Nor does it cost anywhere near that much in the vast majority of the places in the world.   North Sea probably gets close to that now....it is one of the higher cost venues for oil production.

Seems I’ve heard the all in cost for oil from a traditional vertically drilled well in Saudi is $20/bbl.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2015, 04:49:50 pm »

Seems I’ve heard the all in cost for oil from a traditional vertically drilled well in Saudi is $20/bbl.

I should have said below our cost.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2015, 06:48:42 pm »

Love that phrase "all in"... means "slush fund, pull them out of the air guesstimate so it looks like they don't make the kind of profits that are really involved numbers". 

Saudi is in the $5 area.  Back in the good old days, they could just punch a sand point into the desert and watch it fizz out the pipe - like the gushers we had in Glenpool.

North Sea is expensive - haven't heard anyone talking about it for about 5 years, but then it was probably as close to that $25 - 30 range as occurs.  Nigeria has some high cost zones (deep water).  Venezuela has a tough time sucking that tar they have out of the ground.  Takes lots of electricity to pull that stuff out.  Plus steam, CO2, chemicals....

Shipping is an adder - FOB paid by the buyer.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2015, 08:09:51 am »

If Paul Ryan is to be believed, no gas taxes are coming.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/01/16/paul-ryan-read-my-lips-no-new-gas-taxes/

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2015, 08:58:58 am »

If Paul Ryan is to be believed, no gas taxes are coming.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/01/16/paul-ryan-read-my-lips-no-new-gas-taxes/

Gotta love Inhofe and Orrin Hatch....

“I prefer not to increase taxes, but to me that’s a user fee,” Hatch bemoaned. “People who use the highways ought to pay for them. And that’s a small price to pay to have the best highway system in the world.”

As if we had the best highway system in the world....   lol, lol....

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 12:31:48 pm »

Local gasoline taxes. No shock that our roads are terrible.

And Diesel taxes are worse, especially considering the damage that trucks do to roads compared to cars.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 12:35:55 pm by swake » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 01:23:26 pm »

Local gasoline taxes. No shock that our roads are terrible.

And Diesel taxes are worse, especially considering the damage that trucks do to roads compared to cars.

Have any info on how much of that gas tax is actually spent on roads for each state?  States that charge general sales tax on gas are probably spending that money on something else.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org