A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:08:14 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: November 2014 Results  (Read 15039 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: November 04, 2014, 10:02:10 pm »

Glad to see Anna over Arianna. Neither are a bad person, but Arianna seemed out of her depth. The KRMG radio interview with her made it pretty clear.

Didn't know Steele was on the outs, but I believe he was another candidate put in office by a certain local campaign manager. Never saw much one way or the other from him.

GT Bynum was a lock from day 1. His watch party was probably his sofa.

Not surprised Fallin, Inhoffe, Langford, Markwayne, etc. won. A percentage vote for the incumbent, a percentage vote straight republican, that always leaves a very small amount to shift one way or the other. I figure they are sitting at 30-40% who would vote for them if they're dead. That means challenger need to win more like 75% or more of the undecideds, not really 51% of the electorate.

The state superintendent race was close. Didn't have real strong feelings either way since Barresi was out.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 10:04:47 pm »

Glad to see Anna over Arianna. Neither are a bad person, but Arianna seemed out of her depth. The KRMG radio interview with her made it pretty clear.

The election was today?

Power is nothing till you use it.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 11:17:53 pm »

Not surprised Fallin, Inhoffe, Langford, Markwayne, etc. won. A percentage vote for the incumbent, a percentage vote straight republican

There were an exceptionally high number of idiots in traffic today, so im wondering if the people who come out to re-elect... only drive once every 4 or 6 years.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 07:31:23 am »

There were an exceptionally high number of idiots in traffic today, so im wondering if the people who come out to re-elect... only drive once every 4 or 6 years.

So you were out for your 4 to 6 year drive yesterday.  It had to be you since those of us who drive regularly notice there are always an exceptionally high number of idiots in traffic.

Grin

Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 08:30:41 am »

Fallin is turning out to be our version of Obama.

Hold on a minute...let me explain.

What I mean is she was re-elected, but I have yet to meet anyone who actually voted for her. I'm saying this as a Republican with a large circle or Republican friends, co-workers, etc... and I didn't vote for her, never have, nor do I know anyone who did. My Democrat friends, of which there are many, many more than my Republican friends are of course in the same boat. So how did someone who is universally disliked and had large numbers, at least in my circle of friends, of members of her own political party voting against her get re-elected?
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 08:39:43 am »

What I mean is she was re-elected, but I have yet to meet anyone who actually voted for her. I'm saying this as a Republican with a large circle or Republican friends, co-workers, etc... and I didn't vote for her, never have, nor do I know anyone who did. My Democrat friends, of which there are many, many more than my Republican friends are of course in the same boat. So how did someone who is universally disliked and had large numbers, at least in my circle of friends, of members of her own political party voting against her get re-elected?

Exactly! All I heard from people was she's got to go. And yet she wins. Same thing I heard from people in Arkansas about wild Bill when he ran for President. No one in that State liked him and was glad to have gotten rid of him. And yet he won that State. I'm not saying there is some poll fixing going on here. But there's some poll fixing going on here.  Grin

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 08:45:39 am »

You guys are listening to the wrong people, obviously....  there are still 68% of Oklahoman's who are perfectly content with our current state of affairs (like the one she had with the highway patrolman). 

Being "Ok" is plenty good enough....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 08:50:46 am »

I voted independent and threw my vote away.    I couldn't vote for Dorman as every time I saw him I just pictured him driving a child molester van.   (That and his "I will make money appear from nowhere and give it to schools" campaign.)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 08:59:37 am »

I voted independent and threw my vote away.    I couldn't vote for Dorman as every time I saw him I just pictured him driving a child molester van.   (That and his "I will make money appear from nowhere and give it to schools" campaign.)

You mean like the lottery money promises??

Or just blatantly reducing spending by $200 million?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
saintnicster
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 09:10:41 am »

Neither are a bad person

HAH!

I knew Arianna in college, and have friends who have interacted with her since she has been in office.  Pretty sure she hasn't changed much in the past few years.  Luckily, I am not in her district.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 09:22:48 am »

My wife and I both voted for Dorman.  I met him at the ORA convention in August and really took a liking to him.  

I know exactly what happened: People like my wife’s parents and my mother got caught up in the ads associating Dorman with Obama.  The worst Dorman had was associating Failin’ with Janet Barissi.  Dorman’s bogeyman was worse than Failin’s, apparently.

I consider my mother to usually be pretty middle of the road, but she was just adamant she couldn’t elect someone who either did or might have voted for Obama.  As for the in-laws, they are very strong 2A supporters, he’s an officer in the ORA and a life-long member of the NRA.  At the ORA convention, he talked like he could vote for Dorman because Failin’ had been such a disappointment.  When it came down to it, he couldn’t vote for someone so “closely associated with Obama and his policies.”   Roll Eyes

I suspect policy messages were largely ignored in most elections across the country last night.  Anyone remotely associated with Obama was an easy target.  If you ran as a Democrat, you were an Obama supporter, that was the message from GOP strategists.  Period.  That’s apparent with the number of state legislatures and governor’s offices which changed parties yesterday.  It was an easy kill for the GOP.

I strongly disagree with the Democratic’s assertion that the power change in the Senate and more seats being captured in the HOR indicative that people want more compromise in Washington.  How could you possibly cobble that sort of logic together after the obstinance of the GOP for the last six years?  This was a very strong repudiation of a president who is very unpopular.  It’s too bad it took six years for people to see the level of his incompetence instead of four.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 09:39:57 am »

You guys are listening to the wrong people, obviously....  there are still 68% of Oklahoman's who are perfectly content with our current state of affairs (like the one she had with the highway patrolman).

The centerpiece of her victory speech is how she is going to keep up the stalemate with Washington.

"We fought hard any time the federal government overstepped its boundaries and tried to force bad policy down upon Oklahoma."

You're doing fine Oklahoma... with less and less funding for education, roads,

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 09:46:33 am »

I’m waiting for the first editorial to claim this election was the result of deep-seated racist attitudes toward a black president.  Just wait, some nitwit is cobbling it together as we speak.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 12:12:13 pm »

Oklahoma Democrats Take Stock of Election Day Whipping

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/oklahoma-democrats-take-stock-election-day-whipping

Democrats are reflecting on what happened in Oklahoma and across the nation in the wake of the election day Republican rout. Not unexpectedly, the GOP won big in the Sooner State, but Oklahoma Democratic Chair Wallace Collins says they were expecting a better showing in a couple of races…the Governor’s race and that for Superintendent of Public Instruction.

Collins believes that out of state money poured into Republican coffers had a big influence on the outcome. He also says the failure of young voters to go to the polls hurt Democrats. He thinks less money hampered Democratic efforts to get their message out to voters to inspire them to get to the polls.

I've got to guess most of the story was cut for brevity.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 12:22:54 pm »

I’m waiting for the first editorial to claim this election was the result of deep-seated racist attitudes toward a black president.  Just wait, some nitwit is cobbling it together as we speak.

Rs just elected the first AA woman to the House and AA senator from the south since reconstruction.

The flat earthers were out in force yesterday.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/223028-did-climate-change-win-at-the-ballot-box

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org