A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:15:36 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Club Building - Ross Group to begin renovations  (Read 36495 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2019, 03:05:37 pm »

119 E 6th is called the Towercade. That and a little building next door that I think is called the Tower Annex are both empty. The Parker Building is also empty. So those with the Sinclair, are there any more large empty buildings left downtown outside of warehouses and such? The last decade has brought a ton of buildings back to life.

Oh I forgot about the Parker Building.  There was a hotel proposed for it a few years ago.  It's a great building if they can remove that junk at the top. 

https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/former-parker-drilling-building-sold-to-hotel-group/article_b97c29fd-34d5-513d-a9d0-55588db8801b.html

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2019, 03:09:40 pm »

Oh I forgot about the Parker Building.  There was a hotel proposed for it a few years ago.  It's a great building if they can remove that junk at the top. 

https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/former-parker-drilling-building-sold-to-hotel-group/article_b97c29fd-34d5-513d-a9d0-55588db8801b.html

Ideas like that are why I don't worry about the Towercade or Parker the way I do the Sinclair. Towercade and Parker have local owners that want to find a project for their buildings. The owner of the Sinclair is the out of state absentee owner that almost got the Tulsa Club building torn down and was forced to give it up in the courts over unpaid fees and fines.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2019, 03:13:46 pm »

Ideas like that are why I don't worry about the Towercade or Parker the way I do the Sinclair. Towercade and Parker have local owners that want to find a project for their buildings. The owner of the Sinclair is the out of state absentee owner that almost got the Tulsa Club building torn down and was forced to give it up in the courts over unpaid fees and fines.

Probably the most endangered building downtown is the Spaghetti Warehouse building. It was bought by WPX Energy who have said nothing about their plans for the site.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2019, 03:39:42 pm »

Probably the most endangered building downtown is the Spaghetti Warehouse building. It was bought by WPX Energy who have said nothing about their plans for the site.

Did you see that video of it flooding back during the hard ice freeze last winter?

No way it could house WPX even if that didn't damage it badly. Sucks that historic buildings end up in the hands of corporations that have no interest in preserving the history. Their bottom line is profit and retrofitting that to work for hundreds of employees is probably not feasible. Sad because whatever would replace it would not have the character and would completely take what little old character remains around there.

The Towercade plus WPX sounds like a match made in heaven. 112,000 square feet of space which should work as an HQ for most if not all of their Tulsa employees.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2019, 03:56:43 pm »

The Towercade plus WPX sounds like a match made in heaven. 112,000 square feet of space which should work as an HQ for most if not all of their Tulsa employees.

That would be great to keep those employees in the CBD too.  That stretch of Main could use a shot in the arm that could fill up some of those empty storefronts between 3rd and 4th.  Then renovate Spaghetti Warehouse into another 36 Degrees N-type co-working space and redevelop that block into housing/retail fronting Guthrie Green.

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2019, 09:55:53 am »

Tulsa World reported that the Tulsa Club hotel is now taking reservations for an opening date of May 1.
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2019, 11:56:12 am »

Yep! Got an email today saying the same thing. Pretty exciting.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2019, 12:39:07 pm »

Tulsa World reported that the Tulsa Club hotel is now taking reservations for an opening date of May 1.

May have to stay there our next Tulsa visit just for the sake of it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2019, 01:09:35 pm »

Here's a Tulsa World pictorial on the interior of the Tulsa Club renovation:

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/photo-gallery-a-look-inside-the-million-restoration-of-downtown/collection_c25f70fe-1cbe-5d54-8dd2-024fa788e4de.html?utm_source=WhatCountsEmail&utm_medium=NEWS%20-%20Morning%20Headlines&utm_campaign=Morning%20Headlines&utm_content=Morning%20Headlines#13

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2019, 02:31:14 pm »

Some of that looks downright delicious! They did an excellent job with this place. It is not only trendy/stylish, but also very true to its roots in most aspects. The petite suite and the fireplace there looks fantastic.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2019, 05:13:12 pm »

Some of that looks downright delicious! They did an excellent job with this place. It is not only trendy/stylish, but also very true to its roots in most aspects. The petite suite and the fireplace there looks fantastic.

My last memories of Tulsa Club are from the mid 1980's, I really cannot wait to see this building when I'm in town again.  I love what Ross did here and I'm really stoked to see that both the Mayo and TC have made it back from the brink of destruction.  Those were such visible eyesores for so long on the downtown landscape.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org