A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:36:51 pm
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon Outlet Mall 61st & Hwy 75  (Read 450429 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #705 on: September 03, 2015, 07:27:29 am »

According to Business Insider, no Oklahoma zip codes make the top 15 most prosperous zips in the country. Saying that Jenks is in the top 10 in a poor state to start with is not saying much. Business Insider based their survey on the  percentage of households reporting $150,000 or more in annual income.

And there he is ladies and gentlemen! And first post is about the poors being in Oklahoma.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #706 on: September 03, 2015, 09:07:52 am »

Where did he post that?

And BTW, detecting chauvinism is not slamming "the poors". Jenks thinks its pretty special.

onward...through the fog
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #707 on: September 03, 2015, 09:20:35 am »

Not to drive this thread off the rails further... but, 42 states fail to make the list of "states without one of the 15 richest zip code."  CT and VA are hoarding them. But you wouldn't say California, Florida, or Illinois is lacking for affluent suburbs/areas. What a stupid metric to base criticism off of.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #708 on: September 03, 2015, 09:44:33 am »

Where did he post that?

And BTW, detecting chauvinism is not slamming "the poors". Jenks thinks its pretty special.

He mentions Oklahoma being poor in his very first post. He just couldn't help himself.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #709 on: September 03, 2015, 10:26:23 am »

He mentions Oklahoma being poor in his very first post. He just couldn't help himself.

I had no idea who that was until I found this: http://www.batesline.com/archives/2004/06/doing-tulsa-tim.html

From his own description, that guy sounds oh so smart!  Cheesy
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #710 on: September 03, 2015, 12:36:23 pm »

He nailed Swake pretty frequently which is why Swake can take a sentence describing (truthfully), that Oklahoma is a poor state and spin it till it looks like he hates poor people.

Even Bates found him interesting. His tactics were frustrating.

Is anyone else the least bit skeptical of River Parks extending their holdings to include now private land without any real funding or plans for maintaining and developing it? The older I get, the more I distrust Authorities.

onward...through the fog
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #711 on: September 03, 2015, 01:15:12 pm »

He nailed Swake pretty frequently which is why Swake can take a sentence describing (truthfully), that Oklahoma is a poor state and spin it till it looks like he hates poor people.

Even Bates found him interesting. His tactics were frustrating.

Is anyone else the least bit skeptical of River Parks extending their holdings to include now private land without any real funding or plans for maintaining and developing it? The older I get, the more I distrust Authorities.

Davaz wasn't ever interesting, just a very dedicated troll. 
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #712 on: September 03, 2015, 01:25:24 pm »

I'm not. Government in general, sure. But River Parks has done a great job, they've earned my trust.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #713 on: September 03, 2015, 01:49:10 pm »

I'm not. Government in general, sure. But River Parks has done a great job, they've earned my trust.

Don't step on Waterboy's heart like that!
rebound
City Father

« Reply #714 on: September 03, 2015, 02:17:21 pm »

Not to drive this thread off the rails further... but, 42 states fail to make the list of "states without one of the 15 richest zip code."  CT and VA are hoarding them. But you wouldn't say California, Florida, or Illinois is lacking for affluent suburbs/areas. What a stupid metric to base criticism off of.

My first thought was, did they consider cost of living per zip code, and consider income against that?  OK has one of the lowest costs of living of any state, and while the absolute income may be low, the relative affulence could me much different.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #715 on: September 03, 2015, 04:53:52 pm »

My first thought was, did they consider cost of living per zip code, and consider income against that?  OK has one of the lowest costs of living of any state, and while the absolute income may be low, the relative affulence could me much different.

FWIW, I thought the comment was lacking much credibility standing on its own. Don't know the context. Its not how much you make as much as how much you have left after taxes, expense of living and what that standard of living is.

onward...through the fog
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #716 on: September 03, 2015, 05:03:51 pm »

You can do better than that. After your Iron Gate comments I'm losing trust in you! Finding a sugar daddy for Turkey Mtn, the paths and the Assembling place within the last few years was triumphant. But there was 40 years before that. Research their history, talk to former employees, contractors and tenants. Ask yourself if you would invest in that organization. Like most Authorities their purpose is to gain and hold as much power as will be afforded them, then exclude any criticisms as coming from fruitcakes. These people assured me I have no right to use a public waterway without their permission. Many stories, tons of prevarication abound, never to be told.

Or listen to Swake who has no direct experience with them, belittles mine and lives in a Jenks zip code.

onward...through the fog
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #717 on: September 04, 2015, 06:11:11 am »

You can do better than that. After your Iron Gate comments I'm losing trust in you! Finding a sugar daddy for Turkey Mtn, the paths and the Assembling place within the last few years was triumphant. But there was 40 years before that. Research their history, talk to former employees, contractors and tenants. Ask yourself if you would invest in that organization. Like most Authorities their purpose is to gain and hold as much power as will be afforded them, then exclude any criticisms as coming from fruitcakes. These people assured me I have no right to use a public waterway without their permission. Many stories, tons of prevarication abound, never to be told.

Or listen to Swake who has no direct experience with them, belittles mine and lives in a Jenks zip code.

There were some weirdos in the RPA for sure.....Rather cult like and incestuous.....

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #718 on: September 04, 2015, 07:33:23 am »

Fill me in Aquaman!

I'm only  been around for 13 years. In my time here they have massively upgraded the trails. Taken over Oktoberfest and not destroyed it. Improved Turkey Mountain. And orchestrated the Gathering Place deal. All with no noted scandal, budget crisis. or anything else that has broken in the media.

That's damn good for a government authority.

I'm unaware of the checkered past - fill me in please.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #719 on: September 04, 2015, 03:37:28 pm »

That feels like a trap. It is a trap. Most of my posts regarding my experiences with RPA and my suggestions have disappeared.Too bad for those who arrived after 2004. I'm not conspiratorial at all. Well, maybe a little. That is/was a vengeful group and I have long since forgiven them personally yet will never forget how they operated. But, perhaps you're right. Maybe they should only be judged by what the public sees and reads. Just don't be so gullible to think they care what you think unless you have some money or power. Pay close attention when they want more of either.

Really, a rehash of the past is merely a chance for others to accuse me of sour grapes and doesn't serve me well. Suffice it to say, they are no different than the Airport Authority, MTTA or the Economic Development Authority that enable some and destroy others.

Will that do or do you want names, dates, transgressions and places?

Media. That's humorous. Letters in local organizations are the circled wagons. TPS, RPA, EDC, TPD, TCSO etc. They are the fount of information for media. Screw them and you are blacklisted from their PR function. Other than TCSO have you heard any groundbreaking investigative journalism in the last decade? If it hadn't been for a local law firm living off TCSO that story would never have made it past 5:30.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 03:42:35 pm by AquaMan » Logged

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org