A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:24:31 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brew Pub by the ballpark  (Read 40375 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: August 13, 2014, 02:33:47 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/artsandentertainment/what-the-ale-new-brewpub-going-in-by-oneok-field/article_cb9e6b4d-3e95-5bf0-beb3-fb78e054a068.html

What the Ale: New brewpub going in by ONEOK field
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:41 pm

BY TOM GILBERT and SCOTT CHERRY Chief Photographer and World Scene Writer  |  0 comments 

The founder a Tulsa brewery and and the man who helped revitalize downtown with the McNellie's Group restaurants are joining forces to start a brewpub. Eric Marshall and Elliot Nelson will open a sports bar and brewpub by ONEOK Field in spring or summer of next year, Marshall said.

The McNellie's website had this post up today:

"Excited to be working on a sportsbar and brewpub by ONEOK Field. Eric Marshall overseeing the beer. Coming Spring/Summer 2015. Get excited, I know we are. We've been talking about it for 4 years and it's finally happening! Any name ideas? "Front Office" is the favorite right now with "Wheelhouse" and "Elgin Park" as close seconds."

This is exciting news. The area around the park has been growing and this is just another reason to go downtown. Looking forward to the new endeavor!

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 02:51:27 pm »

So.. where exactly?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 02:54:13 pm »

Awesome!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 03:04:57 pm »

I had heard the GreenArch building at one time, but not sure that is the case.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
saintnicster
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 03:05:21 pm »

So.. where exactly?

The planned location is right across the street from the ONEOK field ticket windows in an existing building.  Marshall Brewing Company's brewmaster Eric Marshall will be handling the brewery part of the project.  "We will have 4-6 house beers brewed on premises that are 3.2% ABW (Alcohol by weight) and have numerous other beers that are regular strength," Marshall said. "The production size will be a 7-10 barrel system."

Guessing it is this red building
rdj
City Father

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 05:08:34 pm »

I was wrong.  Old Gates Hardware Building.  216 N Elgin.  I believe this was known as Curly's bar one time.  Saw a few bands there when I moved to Tulsa in the early 2000's.

Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 05:50:40 pm »

I'd love to see some rooftop seating if the building allows for it. Or at least some outdoor seating facing Brady.
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 05:57:24 pm »

So this sounds like direct competition with Lucky's but maybe not?  Also, I thought brewpubs were illegal in OK.  Or are they just not allowed to serve food?  This sounds great though!!

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 07:17:04 pm »

So this sounds like direct competition with Lucky's but maybe not?  Also, I thought brewpubs were illegal in OK.  Or are they just not allowed to serve food?  This sounds great though!!
I believe the main requirement is they are limited to 3.2 beer.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 07:21:43 pm »

They can brew and serve 3.2 beer.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 08:07:42 pm »

They can brew and serve 3.2 beer.
Once again. ABLE sucks.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
LeGenDz
Activist

Re:
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 08:24:32 pm »

Is this the "Leftys" in GreenArch

Edit: oops lol

BKDotCom
City Father

Re:
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 08:43:30 pm »

Do is this the "Leftys" in GreenArch

Can has sports beer?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 08:26:35 am »

Once again. ABLE sucks.

Try a few of Prairie’s 3.2% ABW beers they are now serving pints of and filling growlers with at their brewery.  It will make you think twice about the limitations of brewing at such a low alcohol content.  Far cry from MillerBudCoors piss water.

Oh, and BTW, there’s a new place for you to road trip for good beer: Macadoodles on Rangeline Road in Joplin.  I stopped in yesterday on my way back from some business in Missouri.  Not only New Belgium, but Stone, Odell, Shlaffly, Mother’s, O’Fallon, Breckenridge, etc. ad nauseum.  It’s like every brand you cannot find in Oklahoma plus they support the Missouri microbreweries we still can’t get in Oklahoma.  My poor car needs new rear springs now. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 08:29:00 am »

Can has sports beer?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org