A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:07:44 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Sam  (Read 39293 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 01:33:12 am »

It is really hard to buy into your thoughts on this.

Tebow talked about his religion non-stop and turned some people off. That happens.

He has nothing to do with Michael Sam, but somehow you want to compare them. You want to somehow get even because some bad people picked on the mediocre football player who talked non-stop about his religion.

Explain how Michael Sam being gay has anything to do with Tim Tebow. Explain why we should care that you feel jealous that Michael Sam is getting a pass and your guy didn't. Finally, please explain how your faith has been damaged because someone made fun of a Christian somewhere on some other day.

Are you really that fragile?

Did you not see that I started this thread and freakin applauded Sam as a draft choice? And I didn't start the comparison, I asked about people's thoughts about it given it was the rage on twitter.  It was also covered on DailyKos.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/05/14/1299216/-Michael-Sam-is-not-Tim-Tebow-and-celebratory-kisses-are-not-showy-envangelizing#

So did right leaning twitchy.

http://twitchy.com/2014/05/11/twisted-fsu-linebacker-others-notice-head-shaking-michael-sam-tim-tebow-comparison-pic/

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 04:24:47 am »

People were against Tebow's obnoxiousness.  It was directly attributed to how vocally Christian every interview was.  Somehow I don't think Michael Sams is going to mention being gay in all of his football interviews even though people might ask.

Oh of course not. He'll just star in his own damned docuseries for Oprah:

“We are honored that Michael is trusting us with his private journey in this moment that has not only made history but will shape it forever,” said Winfrey. “I am proud of the focus on authentic storytelling in our new documentary series format. The next real-life story we follow in The Untitled Michael Sam Project promises to spark valuable, important discussion on life in America today. Acceptance and illumination start here.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/own-lands-michael-sam-docuseries-704189

This plan, that no one in the NFL apparently knew about, has been postponed.

"After today's meeting with the Rams, we felt it is best to postpone the project," Weiss said. "This will allow for Michael to have total focus on football, and will ensure no distractions to his teammates. Everybody involved remains committed to this project and understands its historical importance as well as its positive message."

OWN announced on Wednesday that it acquired the rights to follow Sam, the first openly gay player to be drafted by an NFL team. Sources told ESPN.com that the network's plan was to follow Sam's personal life as he tried to make the Rams, dividing the content into six to eight segments.

The Rams, who picked Sam in the seventh round Saturday, and the NFL said they were unaware of the project prior to its announcement.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10944070/michael-sam-documentary-oprah-winfrey-network-postponed

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 11:59:31 am »

It's not good, I found that video of the 2 men kissing very disturbing and sick. It can make me puke, why display that stuff, do it behind closed doors. I don't like it. Angry

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 12:06:16 pm »

It's not good, I found that video of the 2 men kissing very disturbing and sick. It can make me puke, why display that stuff, do it behind closed doors. I don't like it. Angry

That makes me happy. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 12:09:40 pm »

So, you're saying that when you kiss men it's always in private?
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 05:18:13 pm »

How long before he "Rams" a Quarter Back..... Huh Huh Huh

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 08:11:15 pm »

Heard that he likes working with the tight ends, and refuses to work with the wide receivers.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 09:20:33 pm »

Heard that he likes working with the tight ends, and refuses to work with the wide receivers.

Heh......!!!...I also heard he does not like working with the "Deep Snapper".... Grin

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2014, 10:41:04 pm »

That makes me happy. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2014, 09:30:00 am »

Thanks for sharing your home movies guido. Was that when your mom was cutting your hair with a "Flo-Bee"?
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2014, 02:25:09 pm »

The NFL is stopping the Oprah network from producing the Michael Sam story.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 02:38:33 pm »

The NFL is stopping the Oprah network from producing the Michael Sam story.

Not sure I'd want to battle the Oprah
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2014, 02:51:27 pm »

JMO, Michael Sam is a big risk for the Cardinals.  If he gets cut or falls victim to some traditional rookie hazing, seems like he could easily play the discrimination card on the team.  I’m having a hard time deciding if he really wants to play football or just be a celebrity since he's a marginal pick, at best, for his position.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 03:12:24 pm »

I see no risk. He is a 7th round pick and half of those guys traditionally never play in the NFL.

They can cut him after giving him a full tryout with no repercussions. On the other hand, he is a quite popular player from the biggest state school nearby and would probably be good for ticket and jersey sales.

He was a strong player on Saturdays. The Rams have little to lose to give him a chance to see if he is good enough to play on Sundays.

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2014, 01:47:21 am »

JMO, Michael Sam is a big risk for the Cardinals.  If he gets cut or falls victim to some traditional rookie hazing, seems like he could easily play the discrimination card on the team.  I’m having a hard time deciding if he really wants to play football or just be a celebrity since he's a marginal pick, at best, for his position.

I thought he was a damned fine football player at Mizzou. I think he is legit, and I HAVE to think he has a chip on his shoulder and wants to get his due.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org