A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:11:34 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What the Ale: Did you sign the petition [Update Oklahoma liquor and licensing]?  (Read 2805 times)
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« on: February 11, 2014, 01:56:00 pm »

(edited to add link->) http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/what-the-ale-did-you-sign-the-petition/article_61862aae-92a9-11e3-8dec-001a4bcf6878.html

Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 5:16 pm | Updated: 5:22 pm, Mon Feb 10, 2014.

By TOM GILBERT Chief Photographer | 4 comments

Did you sign the petition? I have.

The petition is to allow brewers to sell to whomever they want to.

This is only small step in our government’s process. What we need is a bill that we can rally behind.  Hopefully the corkscrew legislation will pass and maybe, just maybe, we can get some bills that will create jobs, taxes and generate the freedom that other states have.

When a brewery can sell their product out of state easier than in their own state something is wrong.  I don’t blame the lawmakers of today. They really don’t know.  Most of the laws are old and until recently we didn’t have breweries brewing everywhere.  But now things are different.  Our laws are regressive for consumers as well as brewers.  What other product produced in Oklahoma is restricted as much?  If a winemaker can sell their wine at their shop why not beer? Let's get some equality here. Right now the consumer has to pay for the beer, the wholesaler, the distributor and the liquor store.  Why? The brewer has no control over where his beer is sold. They can’t sell it on site.  Why? Let the market dictate what is needed.  I am sure breweries need help distributing and selling, but why force them, let's give them the option and maybe just maybe the savings can be passed onto the consumer. Too many middlemen.

Back to the petition.  This isn’t going to change things much, but I am hoping it will.  We need someone to get to writing a bill that brewers and consumers can be happy with.  I want more taxes collected because more local beers are sold.  Support local in everything you do not just beer. Keep that money here where we need the revenue.

Here is a link to the petition:
http://tinyurl.com/kf9oseu
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 02:11:30 pm by dioscorides » Logged

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 02:53:24 pm »

(edited to add link->) http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/what-the-ale-did-you-sign-the-petition/article_61862aae-92a9-11e3-8dec-001a4bcf6878.html

Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 5:16 pm | Updated: 5:22 pm, Mon Feb 10, 2014.

By TOM GILBERT Chief Photographer | 4 comments

Did you sign the petition? I have.

The petition is to allow brewers to sell to whomever they want to.

This is only small step in our government’s process. What we need is a bill that we can rally behind.  Hopefully the corkscrew legislation will pass and maybe, just maybe, we can get some bills that will create jobs, taxes and generate the freedom that other states have.

When a brewery can sell their product out of state easier than in their own state something is wrong.  I don’t blame the lawmakers of today. They really don’t know.  Most of the laws are old and until recently we didn’t have breweries brewing everywhere.  But now things are different.  Our laws are regressive for consumers as well as brewers.  What other product produced in Oklahoma is restricted as much?  If a winemaker can sell their wine at their shop why not beer? Let's get some equality here. Right now the consumer has to pay for the beer, the wholesaler, the distributor and the liquor store.  Why? The brewer has no control over where his beer is sold. They can’t sell it on site.  Why? Let the market dictate what is needed.  I am sure breweries need help distributing and selling, but why force them, let's give them the option and maybe just maybe the savings can be passed onto the consumer. Too many middlemen.

Back to the petition.  This isn’t going to change things much, but I am hoping it will.  We need someone to get to writing a bill that brewers and consumers can be happy with.  I want more taxes collected because more local beers are sold.  Support local in everything you do not just beer. Keep that money here where we need the revenue.

Here is a link to the petition:
http://tinyurl.com/kf9oseu

The only way I see anything actually happening is a full on petition, complete with a written bill to change the laws, be passed through physical hands to put the bill on the ballot for a public vote. And then, maybe, it might have a chance to get done. I'm still hoping one of these days I can sit down and write that bill...
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 03:27:55 pm »

BOOM! DONE. Now let's make it so.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 04:37:09 pm »

I signed it too

Power is nothing till you use it.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 06:27:38 pm »

Signed.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org