A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:47:29 pm
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous, distracted, various, and inimitable  (Read 146050 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #315 on: February 22, 2024, 02:51:19 pm »

From my experience working for a local gov't, usually the ME releases the preliminary findings to the local PD investigating the case. The local PD through it's public information office releases the info to the media. The ME usually doesn't want to release info to the press because there may be info the PD don't want released that could be critical to the case. Preliminary physical exams take just a few days to cut open the skull and examine the brain, as well as cut open the chest cavity to examine, weigh, cut tissue samples from the internals. Those initial exams are rarely conclusive without toxicology and tissue testing of all the organs.

From what I have read this is a tragic case and justice needs to be served. As for Owasso's handling of things, I'm not surprised in the least.

Young girl, using the girl's restroom.  Targeted by MAGAt fascist pigs just because she isn't an entitled white snowflake like them (Choctaw Native American).  I still bet this will be swept under the rug.  Like so many hate crimes are.

No doubt something will be found to excuse them and get them off the hook with Tulsa County DA office.   School already did that when they suspended the girl - starting the coverup and white-washing process by blaming the victim!  Of course.

This is obscenity at its worst.

This is an old fashion, Bible thumping, real life abomination!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #316 on: February 22, 2024, 03:46:02 pm »

Young girl, using the girl's restroom.  Targeted by MAGAt fascist pigs just because she isn't an entitled white snowflake like them (Choctaw Native American).  I still bet this will be swept under the rug.  Like so many hate crimes are.

No doubt something will be found to excuse them and get them off the hook with Tulsa County DA office.   School already did that when they suspended the girl - starting the coverup and white-washing process by blaming the victim!  Of course.

This is obscenity at its worst.

This is an old fashion, Bible thumping, real life abomination!

Your rhetoric is so ridiculous that it reads like satire. Owasso public schools and police department have been very transparent so far given the circumstances. The facts they've released so far:

1. A fight broke out that was swiftly ended. All students involved were able to walk themselves to the nurse's office.
2. The RN determined none of them needed an ambulance, but recommended Dagny be examined by a doctor.
3. Dagny was checked out at Bailey Medical and cleared to go home.
4. She went back the next day with some issue that led to her death.
5. The ME, a third party, determined cause of death was not trauma. They are awaiting a toxicology report.
6. The death doesn't appear to be natural nor caused by the fight. Suicide looks like a possibility at this point.
7. "They" is a she.
8. Her name is Dagny, as the obituary written by her family indicates. This nonbinary nonsense is disrespectful to her parents that lost their child.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #317 on: February 23, 2024, 11:12:59 am »

OWASSO — Police are examining evidence they collected from a search warrant served at Owasso High School during an ongoing investigation into the high-profile death of a student.

Nex Benedict, 16, who identified as nonbinary and used gender-neutral pronouns, died Feb. 8, one day after being involved in a fight inside an Owasso High School restroom.

“We are investigating a crime,” Owasso Police Lt. Nick Boatman told the Owasso Reporter. “The investigator in this case suspected foul play … in reference to the reported assault and battery.”

Citing a longstanding policy, the FBI said it could neither confirm nor deny that a federal investigation is underway.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/community/owasso/search-warrant-served-at-owasso-high-school-in-investigation-of-nex-benedicts-death/article_6194975c-d1d1-11ee-b4f8-b7d7834a449d.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #318 on: March 27, 2024, 06:33:29 pm »

Got this message when trying to log on today;

Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!

Any insights?  From same computer have been using for years.  Same internet connection.

Had to go to another computer to do this...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #319 on: March 28, 2024, 01:31:20 pm »

Got this message when trying to log on today;

Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!

Any insights?  From same computer have been using for years.  Same internet connection.

Had to go to another computer to do this...

Sometimes bans are based on a dynamic IP address. If yours recently changed you might have fallen into a hole.
Some things you can try are restarting your modem after its been off for a couple minutes to see if it changes again.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #320 on: April 01, 2024, 02:42:37 pm »

Sometimes bans are based on a dynamic IP address. If yours recently changed you might have fallen into a hole.
Some things you can try are restarting your modem after its been off for a couple minutes to see if it changes again.

Done a bunch of those kind of things - on another computer now, so expect to be banned here, too.   They have remained as insecure site for years, so maybe that is what tagged me.  Anyway, it has been nice talking to everyone if the Admin can't get their act together and fix the site problems!   Will try to drop in from time to time to see what is going on....

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #321 on: April 02, 2024, 10:20:35 am »

Done a bunch of those kind of things - on another computer now, so expect to be banned here, too.   They have remained as insecure site for years, so maybe that is what tagged me.  Anyway, it has been nice talking to everyone if the Admin can't get their act together and fix the site problems!   Will try to drop in from time to time to see what is going on....

I think that since you can login from another IP means the address is really the issue.
The problem with blocking dynamic IP addresses is sooner or later an innocent party will inherit the blocked address.
Sometimes unplugging your modem for several minutes will flush the problem broadband address.
Have you sent your blocked IP address to the moderator?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #322 on: April 02, 2024, 10:38:21 am »

I think that since you can login from another IP means the address is really the issue.
The problem with blocking dynamic IP addresses is sooner or later an innocent party will inherit the blocked address.
Sometimes unplugging your modem for several minutes will flush the problem broadband address.

Changes.  I use a VPN sometimes and sometimes don't.   And it looks like internet supplier allocates different ones on occasion.  Windstream and Cox cable...  So far just chasing my tail.  Gonna start a log on addresses!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #323 on: April 06, 2024, 02:08:32 pm »

Have sent a couple messages to Admin.   No reply.  Profile says that Admin has not been on since mid-Jan, so whoever it is has not seen either message.

I did this last login a couple days ago and clicked the box that says never logout.  Apparently that is a key.  Same two IP address.  The key to what triggers system message is my user name.  3 different computers, 3 browsers.  Some say Guest, most say my name.  If I were to logout on this session, I would be banned again with this computer and browser.  This computer and a different browser appear to have been banned.  May be combo of IP and name - can logon once, but next time, banned.

I understand Admin is volunteer around here.  Is there another way to catch their attention?  Do they check in the postings?  Maybe just tired of seeing me hanging around.  I asked in messages.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org