A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:59:19 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State capitol religious monuments  (Read 35846 times)
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2014, 03:02:05 pm »

Probably says OHP

Forgot about that. Well at least it doesn't say "If you can read this, the b!tch fell off."
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2014, 01:29:10 pm »

Forgot about that. Well at least it doesn't say "If you can read this, the b!tch fell off."

How do you know it doesnt?   Wink

Meanwhile, heres the latest RWE wedge in the constitution's carcass:

“What will disqualify them has really nothing to do with Satan, as such. It’s that it has no historical significance for the State of Oklahoma,” said Rep. Paul Wesselhoft. “The only reason why the Ten Commandments qualified is because at the Capitol, what we do is we make laws. We are lawmakers. Well, one of the earliest laws we have are the Ten Commandments. So therefore, it has historical significance.”

So why were the Confederate flags and Swastikas removed from the state capitol?
They were both prominently displayed there, and both have huge historical significance to our state.  Do we need a history lesson?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2014, 02:02:01 pm »

How do you know it doesnt?   Wink

Meanwhile, heres the latest RWE wedge in the constitution's carcass:

“What will disqualify them has really nothing to do with Satan, as such. It’s that it has no historical significance for the State of Oklahoma,” said Rep. Paul Wesselhoft. “The only reason why the Ten Commandments qualified is because at the Capitol, what we do is we make laws. We are lawmakers. Well, one of the earliest laws we have are the Ten Commandments. So therefore, it has historical significance.”

That's not going to fly, if it wasn't for Satan we wouldn't need laws at all.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2014, 02:14:53 pm »

We are a Christian nation and we were founded that way so it follows that a monument to the Christian faith is right in line with our history and the growth of our nation. There is nothing historic or in our past to support a satan monument, most likely that movement  it's being done just for spite and for the hate of Christians. Yes to the 10 comandments (10 good rules to follow even if your not a Christian) and a big "NO" to anything else Smiley

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
rebound
City Father

« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2014, 02:20:56 pm »

We are a Christian nation and we were founded that way so it follows that a monument to the Christian faith is right in line with our history and the growth of our nation. There is nothing historic or in our past to support a satan monument, most likely that movement  it's being done just for spite and for the hate of Christians. Yes to the 10 comandments (10 good rules to follow even if your not a Christian) and a big "NO" to anything else Smiley

Dude, seriously...

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2014, 02:34:08 pm »

Dude, seriously...

I know..right?

http://www.nobeliefs.com/document.htm
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 02:35:43 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
saintnicster
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2014, 03:50:11 pm »

We are a Christian nation and we were founded that way so it follows that a monument to the Christian faith is right in line with our history and the growth of our nation. There is nothing historic or in our past to support a satan monument, most likely that movement  it's being done just for spite and for the hate of Christians. Yes to the 10 comandments (10 good rules to follow even if your not a Christian) and a big "NO" to anything else Smiley

Something just hit me... Have you been outside City Hall around lunch time for the last couple of weeks?

EDIT - Actually, more like off and on since mid-November, I think.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2014, 04:33:12 pm »

You're one of the guys you can ask "what's the 10 commandments say?" and you'd remember 2...maybe.
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2014, 04:52:12 pm »

The Second Commandment is to keep and bear arms if I recall right.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2014, 05:06:07 pm »

The Second Commandment is to keep and bear arms if I recall right.

And I think the First Commandment is admitting you have a problem.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2014, 05:38:42 pm »

And there's the 3.2 Commandment "Thou shalt not drink 3.2 beer in sight of the Lord lest He smite thee mightily, dumbass."

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2014, 06:00:20 pm »

Number five was like, "Honor thy mother and father's real estate trust lest it be encumbered and weakened".

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2014, 06:55:48 pm »

And there's the 3.2 Commandment "Thou shalt not drink 3.2 beer in sight of the Lord lest He smite thee mightily, dumbass."

I figured there'd be some smiting and smoting in there.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

Re:
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2014, 12:15:06 am »

Can honestly say, I haven't broken that commandment in a really long time.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2014, 07:34:18 am »

Can honestly say, I haven't broken that commandment in a really long time.
Me too as long as we limit it to 3.2 beer.   Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org