A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:28:28 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One Place Hotel Announced  (Read 5141 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: December 05, 2013, 11:05:24 am »

A local business will be bringing a 120-room hotel to be built in the next phase of One Place in front of the BOK Center, Tulsa Development Authority commissioners were told Thursday.

Paresh "Pete" Patel, president of locally-owned Promise Hotels, said the $15 million development will provide about 50 jobs, not including construction work.

"We'd like to get you checked in by early 2016," Patel said to a TDA commissioner.

It's the fourth announcement of a downtown hotel development in recent weeks and the second by Patel.

The 86,000 square feet, 120-room hotel will connect to the other buildings at One Place and will not have dedicated parking.

Bob Eggleston, One Place developer, said parking is not required for the building and is available within a block of the planned hotel.
Eggleston said other major cities have downtown hotels which thrive without dedicated parking.

The planned Hampton Inn will be the third Hilton-brand hotel in downtown Tulsa, which includes Hilton Garden Inn -- currently under development by Patel's Promise Hotels.

Promise Hotels' ownership consists of nine hotels, 900 rooms and 250 employees in the Tulsa area, according to a release.

Construction will be managed by The Ross Group, a company with offices in Oklahoma City that managed construction of the Jenks' Oklahoma Aquarium.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/another-hotel-announced-today-for-downtown/article_3da7a1bc-5dca-11e3-8dc6-0019bb30f31a.html

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 11:56:17 am »

But don't you know?

Nobody wants to go downtown....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 12:04:31 pm »

But don't you know?

Nobody wants to go downtown....

BOK Center is a flash in the pan as well...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 12:06:10 pm »

The 86,000 square feet, 120-room hotel will connect to the other buildings at One Place and will not have dedicated parking.

Bob Eggleston, One Place developer, said parking is not required for the building and is available within a block of the planned hotel.
Eggleston said other major cities have downtown hotels which thrive without dedicated parking.

Shouldn't that cause someone to take a violent smoot in this town?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 04:16:26 pm »

Shouldn't that cause someone to take a violent smoot in this town?

Eggleston obviously hasn't traveled further than Nowata....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 04:20:14 pm »

Have you been to the new complex?  It has plenty of parking...for hotels and others.  It's my new go-to parking garage for BOK events.  Why?  It's half price of the others  Because it's not owned by American Parking.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 06:57:58 pm »

Smaller than the lofty plans previously mentioned. Noticed in the picture they are still leaving the 3rd and Denver corner for the residential component.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 07:04:53 pm »

This thread has pictures:
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=20324.0
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 12:56:10 pm »

That explains his accent Cheesy

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 01:11:16 pm »

That explains his accent Cheesy

Yep, when I met him, quite Aussie...or Kiwi, either one.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org