A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:19:51 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma Unemployment Plummeting OKC Lowest in The Country  (Read 50065 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2013, 03:17:12 pm »

To Democrats, low wages are the problem.  To Republicans, low wages are the solution.

You have just provided the proof.

Sure, wait till Obama & the  democrats pass that amnesty for illegal aliens AND THEIR FAMILIES your talking of about 30 million new legal workers in the labor force talk about wages falling, wages will drop like a rock. They say we have 11 million illegal aliens if each one brings in 4 family members- you do the math. The new illegal aliens could also draw medical care and SS benefits under the democrats amnesty plan. The republicans are against that. Who really cares about working stiff in the end. The democrats just use and abuse working people to  stay in power and make people dependent on gov't. The huge increase in population from the democrats  amnesty plan will shift the demographics of the nation permanently.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 03:20:18 pm by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013, 03:19:35 pm »

Sure, wait till Obama & the  democrats pass that amnesty for illegal aliens AND THEIR FAMILIES your talking of about 30 million new legal workers in the labor force talk about wages falling, wages will drop like a rock. They say we have 11 million illegal aliens if each one brings in 4 family members- you do the math. The new illegal illegals could also draw medical care and SS benefits under the democrats amnesty plan. The republicans are against that. Who really cares about working stiff in the end. The democrats just use and abuse working people to  in power and make people dependent on gov't.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Obviously dropped on his head as an infant....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2013, 03:33:50 pm »

How bad was the Oklahoma poverty rate under Henry? If you look at your own link you'll notice that Oklahoma has the lowest poverty rate of all the neighbor states: Texas=18.5, Arkansas=19.0, New Mexico=21.5, Georgia=19.1 and Louisiana is at 20.4%, the chart is from 2011 so I'm sure Oklahoma numbers would have improved. Since Mary Fallin came to power we had drops in the Oklahoma unemployment rate just about every month, the Oklahoma economy is strong and anyone who REALLY wants a job can find one. Mary Fallin is a true conservative, the republican governors of some other states are nothing but RINOS. Michigan's governor is new he cannot reverse decades of democrat economic damage in a few years.

All the neighbor states? Do you even know where Oklahoma is? Kansas, Missouri and Colorado are neighboring states, all with lower poverty rates. Georgia and Louisiana are not. Both are poor Republican dominated states like Oklahoma, but they aren't neighbors.

In fact there are 15 states with higher poverty levels than Oklahoma. Do you want to know how many have a Republican governor? 11. Three of the four Democrats again are in very conservative Arkansas, West Virginia and Kentucky.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2013, 03:53:04 pm »

That's why thousandaires like you and I live like Thurston Howell III.

You mean as castaways on an island?

Mary Ann or Ginger?

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2013, 03:55:59 pm »

Sure, wait till Obama & the  democrats pass that amnesty for illegal aliens AND THEIR FAMILIES your talking of about 30 million new legal workers in the labor force talk about wages falling, wages will drop like a rock. They say we have 11 million illegal aliens if each one brings in 4 family members- you do the math. The new illegal aliens could also draw medical care and SS benefits under the democrats amnesty plan. The republicans are against that. Who really cares about working stiff in the end. The democrats just use and abuse working people to  stay in power and make people dependent on gov't. The huge increase in population from the democrats  amnesty plan will shift the demographics of the nation permanently.

Republicans most of all spread poverty, these list show that plainly. The party tricks and uses poor, fearful and ignorant white voters to further enrich the wealthy. Saur, you are a victim here and you can’t even see it.

Guido and his kind, the country club Republicans are laughing at you on the way to the bank. If government breaks and doesn’t work then it doesn’t spend money and they win. They don’t want government to work and they certainly don’t care about you. They just want lower taxes on their already large incomes.

Your thoughts on politics were paid for by the Koch brothers, Sheldon Adelson and Karl Rove via programmers like The Heritage Foundation and “Club for Growth”. The Tea Party is NOT a grass roots group, it is a construct by people interested in parting fearful conservative white people from their money. The Glenn Becks, Sarah Palins and Dick Armeys of the world have gotten (more) rich off of the Tea Party. They don’t want politics to work, they profit from the fear and acrimony. You are the gullible victim who loves his persecutors for using and taking advantage of you. 

Sad.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2013, 04:19:16 pm »

Mary Ann or Ginger?

I look like the Skipper, think I am the Professor, act like Gilligan, but want to be Mr. Howell.

Power is nothing till you use it.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2013, 04:20:50 pm »

Mary Ann or Ginger?

Duh. Ginger obviously. Movie star sex and she can't cook so you don't get fat.

onward...through the fog
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2013, 04:24:45 pm »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Obviously dropped on his head as an infant....

Swung by his feet maybe?

Really Sauer, Swake nailed it. You are doing a fine job for these folks. Just don't look behind the curtain.

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2013, 08:10:23 pm »

Republicans most of all spread poverty, these list show that plainly. The party tricks and uses poor, fearful and ignorant white voters to further enrich the wealthy. Saur, you are a victim here and you can’t even see it.
Guido and his kind, the country club Republicans are laughing at you on the way to the bank. If government breaks and doesn’t work then it doesn’t spend money and they win. They don’t want government to work and they certainly don’t care about you. They just want lower taxes on their already large incomes.
Your thoughts on politics were paid for by the Koch brothers, Sheldon Adelson and Karl Rove via programmers like The Heritage Foundation and “Club for Growth”. The Tea Party is NOT a grass roots group, it is a construct by people interested in parting fearful conservative white people from their money. The Glenn Becks, Sarah Palins and Dick Armeys of the world have gotten (more) rich off of the Tea Party. They don’t want politics to work, they profit from the fear and acrimony. You are the gullible victim who loves his persecutors for using and taking advantage of you. 
Sad.

You too are a sad case and you too don't realize it.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2013, 08:21:28 pm »

Duh. Ginger obviously. Movie star sex and she can't cook so you don't get fat.

You probably would have starved to death (literally) but at least you would have died happy.

Grin

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2013, 08:25:20 pm »

I look like the Skipper, think I am the Professor, act like Gilligan, but want to be Mr. Howell.

Got it, Mr. Magoo it shall be.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2013, 08:27:21 pm »

Sad.

I glad to see the gift subscriptions to HuffPo & Daily Koz have been well used.  You should be a prominent talking points writer for the DNC by now.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2013, 08:19:49 am »

All the neighbor states? Do you even know where Oklahoma is? Kansas, Missouri and Colorado are neighboring states, all with lower poverty rates. Georgia and Louisiana are not. Both are poor Republican dominated states like Oklahoma, but they aren't neighbors.

In fact there are 15 states with higher poverty levels than Oklahoma. Do you want to know how many have a Republican governor? 11. Three of the four Democrats again are in very conservative Arkansas, West Virginia and Kentucky.
As for that poverty  chart that Custosnox posted~ I listed the states in the south and general area of Oklahoma with higher poverty rates than Oklahoma and 3 of those states border Oklahoma, and second that chart is 2 years old the data is likely from when Henry was the Gov. of Oklahoma- and Oklahoma's economy was poor under Gov. Henry. Third, these past two years have been very robust for Oklahoma under Gov. Mary Fallin, anyone who really wants a job can find one in Oklahoma. Mary Fallin cut taxes and brought in jobs from other states last year she attracted to Tulsa 500 good paying jobs. As I said before the Sunday newspaper is full of jobs, the Tulsa Bus plant can't find enough factory workers and are always hiring and they pay more than min. wage. I would like to see a current chart of Oklahoma's poverty rate not something that is old and took place before Mary Fallin's policies took effect. We are sitting pritty in Oklahoma, our economy is roaring back, even the Oklahoma housing market is strong, home values have been going up & up under Mary's leadership. Instead of people complaining and grumbling on this forum they should be happy that things are doing good in Oklahoma.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 08:36:06 am by sauerkraut » Logged

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2013, 08:29:07 am »

Ya know it seems like some posters on this forum want a poor economy with high taxes and out of control state gov't spending, the root cause of high unemployment and poverty. High taxes chase companies and business out of the state. Totally Crazy. Mary Fallin is doing a outstanding job as the gov. and is stearing our state in the right direction. I don't want to go back to Gov. Henrys days. Is it any  wonder that Fallin has a 71% approval rate. We need to all support Oklahoma and Mary Fallin's policys, get on board! Smiley

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2013, 08:34:50 am »

Ya know it seems like some posters on this forum want a poor economy with high taxes and out of control state gov't spending, the root cause of high unemployment and poverty. High taxes chase companies and business out of the state. Totally Crazy. Mary Fallin is doing a outstanding job as the gov. and is stearing our state in the right direction. I don't want to go back to Gov. Henrys days. Is it any  wonder that Fallin has a 71% approval rate. We need to all support Oklahoma and Mary Fallin's policys, get on board! Smiley

You weren't even living here when Henry was governor.  So how would you know?

I still don't believe you live here now...and wouldn't claim you.

Wow.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org