A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:29:55 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma Unemployment Plummeting OKC Lowest in The Country  (Read 49253 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 09:46:56 am »

...That is the result of high taxes and uncontroled state spending. Michigan's taxes are thru the roof and the economy is dead, unemployment is sky high-  Michigan is bleeding away jobs, ...

Michigan's Governor is a republican and mentioned as a candidate to run for President in 2016. He was a businessman who made his fortune as a venture capitalist.

He came in office the same time as Mary Fallin.

Power is nothing till you use it.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2013, 10:03:34 am »

Of the 15 states with the worst unemployment rates 10 have Republican Governors and an 11th is an Independent that used to be a Republican.

Nevada 9.6% - Republican Brian Sandoval
Illinois 9.2% - Democrat Pat Quinn
Mississippi 9.0% - Republican Phil Bryant
Rhode Island 8.9% - Independent (former Republican) Lincoln Chafee
North Carolina 8.8% - Republican Pat McCrory
New Jersey 8.7% - Republican Chris Christie
Michigan 8.7% - Republican Rick Snyder
Georgia 8.6% - Republican Casey Cagle
California 8.5% - Democrat Jerry Brown
Kentucky 8.4% - Democrat Steve Bashear
Indiana 8.4% - Republican Mike Pence
South Carolina 8.1% Republican Nikki Haley
Connecticut 8.1% Democrat Dannel Malloy
Arizona 8.0% Republican Jan Brewer
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2013, 11:04:05 am »

Hey, Sauer. You know the problem with criminals? They were all bottle fed as children. They also were avid consumers of ice cream and other dairy products. There is a direct correlation between dairy products and crime.

That is about the depth of your political estimations of Fallin and Democrats.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2013, 12:03:00 pm »

He makes these comments and is shown that he is wrong so he waits for another thread and repeats the process.

It's almost pointless to spend your time with it.  Either he is this guy or it's a convincing act.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2013, 12:10:50 pm »

Hey, Sauer. You know the problem with criminals? They were all bottle fed as children. They also were avid consumers of ice cream and other dairy products. There is a direct correlation between dairy products and crime.

That is about the depth of your political estimations of Fallin and Democrats.

This is wildly off topic and I know meant as a joke, but strangely it is also true.

My dad was a Psychologist and Neurophysiologist and did research into that very idea. He found very high rates of cow milk allergies in incarcerated felons and very high instances of childhood bed wetting, which he also connected to cow milk allergies. 
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 12:24:13 pm »

This is wildly off topic and I know meant as a joke, but strangely it is also true.

My dad was a Psychologist and Neurophysiologist and did research into that very idea. He found very high rates of cow milk allergies in incarcerated felons and very high instances of childhood bed wetting, which he also connected to cow milk allergies. 

You're saying Sauer is a chronic bedwetter?
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 12:27:05 pm »

So, now if we could correlate Tea Partiers, bedwetting and cows.....

Seriously, the addition of hormones to dairy cattle might have some bearing as well.

onward...through the fog
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 12:53:45 pm »

Michigan's Governor is a republican and mentioned as a candidate to run for President in 2016. He was a businessman who made his fortune as a venture capitalist.

He came in office the same time as Mary Fallin.
Michigan was run by democrats for years. The city of Detroit was run by solid democrats since 1960. A single republican gov cannot change direction on a dime,but he is improving Michigan slowly he got Michigan's "Right To Work" law passed against democrat and union howling- that act will encourage companies to stay in Michigan.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2013, 01:05:20 pm »

1) when you never had a bubble, you never have a burst. 

2) Oil is the primary factor - but also Oklahoma is a very cheap state to do business in.  Lax environmental laws, workers have minimal rights, and our people will work for less than citizens of nearly any other state.  In other words, our government has made Oklahoma a great state for business to prosper (but kept Oklahomans poor).

3) if Fallin gets credit for Oklahoma's economy, then Obama created millions and millions of jobs and nearly doubled the stock market.  Yay Mr. President... right?

/government is not THE factor in the economy.  Al Gore did not invent the internet.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2013, 01:44:38 pm »

Michigan was run by democrats for years. The city of Detroit was run by solid democrats since 1960. A single republican gov cannot change direction on a dime,but he is improving Michigan slowly he got Michigan's "Right To Work" law passed against democrat and union howling- that act will encourage companies to stay in Michigan.

Ten states with the highest average income 8 Democrats and 2 Republicans, and one of the two Republicans serves in a very liberal state, New Jersey.

1 Maryland  Democrat Martin O'Malley   
2 Alaska  Republican Sean Parnell   
3 New Jersey  Republican Chris Christie   
4 Connecticut  Democrat Dannel Malloy   
5 Massachusetts   Democrat Deval Patrick
6 New Hampshire   Democrat Maggie Hassan
7 Virginia Republican Bob McDonald   
8 Hawaii  Democrat Neil Abercrombie   
9 Delaware  Democrat Jack Markell   
10 California  Democrat Jerry Brown

Ten states with the lowest average income (Hey, here's a list we are on, Go Mary!) 7 Republicans and 3 Democrats all who serve in very conservative states in Arkansas and Kentucky and West Virginia.

40 Idaho  Republican Butch Otter
41 Oklahoma Republican Mary Fallin
42 South Carolina  Republican Nikki Haley   
43 New Mexico Republican Susana Martinez
44 Louisiana  Republican Bobby Jindal
45 Tennessee  Republican Bill Haslam
46 Alabama  Republican Robert Bentley   
47 Kentucky  Democrat Steve Bashear
48 Arkansas Democrat Mike Beebe   
49 West Virginia Democrat Earl Ray Tomblin   
50 Mississippi   Republican Phil Bryant   
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2013, 01:48:58 pm »

Michigan was run by democrats for years.

Did you fall down a lot as a toddler?

In the last 50 years...republican Governors of Michigan 34 years, democrat governors of Michigan 16 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Governors_of_Michigan

Google is your friend.

Power is nothing till you use it.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2013, 01:53:32 pm »

And let's not forget that employed does not mean sustained.  17.2% of Oklahoma lives in poverty.

http://data.nationalpriorities.org/mashups/vv1n87jqixw8stsz/?gclid=CMDjiO2pvLgCFetZ7AodMR0Asw
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2013, 02:12:51 pm »

1) when you never had a bubble, you never have a burst. 

2) Oil is the primary factor - but also Oklahoma is a very cheap state to do business in.  Lax environmental laws, workers have minimal rights, and our people will work for less than citizens of nearly any other state.  In other words, our government has made Oklahoma a great state for business to prosper (but kept Oklahomans poor).

3) if Fallin gets credit for Oklahoma's economy, then Obama created millions and millions of jobs and nearly doubled the stock market.  Yay Mr. President... right?

/government is not THE factor in the economy.  Al Gore did not invent the internet.

Oklahomans work for less because our cost of living is amongst the lowest in the country.  That's why thousandaires like you and I live like Thurston Howell III.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 02:47:12 pm »

Ten states with the highest average income 8 Democrats and 2 Republicans, and one of the two Republicans serves in a very liberal state, New Jersey.

1 Maryland  Democrat Martin O'Malley   
2 Alaska  Republican Sean Parnell   
3 New Jersey  Republican Chris Christie   
4 Connecticut  Democrat Dannel Malloy   
5 Massachusetts   Democrat Deval Patrick
6 New Hampshire   Democrat Maggie Hassan
7 Virginia Republican Bob McDonald   
8 Hawaii  Democrat Neil Abercrombie   
9 Delaware  Democrat Jack Markell   
10 California  Democrat Jerry Brown

Ten states with the lowest average income (Hey, here's a list we are on, Go Mary!) 7 Republicans and 3 Democrats all who serve in very conservative states in Arkansas and Kentucky and West Virginia.

40 Idaho  Republican Butch Otter
41 Oklahoma Republican Mary Fallin
42 South Carolina  Republican Nikki Haley   
43 New Mexico Republican Susana Martinez
44 Louisiana  Republican Bobby Jindal
45 Tennessee  Republican Bill Haslam
46 Alabama  Republican Robert Bentley   
47 Kentucky  Democrat Steve Bashear
48 Arkansas Democrat Mike Beebe   
49 West Virginia Democrat Earl Ray Tomblin   
50 Mississippi   Republican Phil Bryant   

To Democrats, low wages are the problem.  To Republicans, low wages are the solution.

You have just provided the proof.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2013, 03:10:35 pm »

And let's not forget that employed does not mean sustained.  17.2% of Oklahoma lives in poverty.

http://data.nationalpriorities.org/mashups/vv1n87jqixw8stsz/?gclid=CMDjiO2pvLgCFetZ7AodMR0Asw
How bad was the Oklahoma poverty rate under Henry? If you look at your own link you'll notice that Oklahoma has the lowest poverty rate of all the neighbor states: Texas=18.5, Arkansas=19.0, New Mexico=21.5, Georgia=19.1 and Louisiana is at 20.4%, the chart is from 2011 so I'm sure Oklahoma numbers would have improved. Since Mary Fallin came to power we had drops in the Oklahoma unemployment rate just about every month, the Oklahoma economy is strong and anyone who REALLY wants a job can find one. Mary Fallin is a true conservative, the republican governors of some other states are nothing but RINOS. Michigan's governor is new he cannot reverse decades of democrat economic damage in a few years.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org