A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:49:26 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma Unemployment Plummeting OKC Lowest in The Country  (Read 49947 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: May 31, 2013, 12:35:46 pm »

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-unemployment-at-4.1-percent-in-april/article/3835861?custom_click=pod_headline_national-finance-news

Oklahoma City once again held the lowest unemployment rate in the country among large cities with 4.1 percent in April, according to preliminary data released Wednesday by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The city's unemployment rate declined from 4.7 percent in March.
Oklahoma City has posted the lowest unemployment rate for large metropolitan areas for the past 13 months. The metro area also has had the lowest unemployment rate in the nation for 24 of the past 28 months, showing the strength of the local economy, said Eric Long, research economist for the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber.
“It really speaks to the long-term trend of low unemployment we see in our region,” Long said.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 01:03:51 pm »

Let's hope they can keep on wrapping duct tape around Chesapeake Energy.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 01:14:39 pm »

Let's hope they can keep on wrapping duct tape around Chesapeake Energy.

I have a developer friend working down there. They are still hiring like gangbusters.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 08:30:41 pm »

I have a developer friend working down there. They are still hiring like gangbusters.

I have two friends that just went to work there last month. So far they say it is great.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 08:58:50 pm »

They were hiring like gangbusters at Enron also.  I nearly joined them right before they went in the tank.

A friend of mine was hired at Williams Comm right before they went south.  They were hiring quite a bit of people back then too.

Healthy hiring isn't *always* an indicator of the health of a business, nor is it the only indicator.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 12:05:24 pm »

You bet, Oklahoma is one of the few states without any recession going on. Thanks to our Gov. Mary Fallin. Anyone who really wants to work can find work in Oklahoma. The Tulsa Sunday paper is full of help wanted ads. BTW Mary Fallin's rating is now 71% favorable and going up. She is one of our best and most popular governors in the state of Oklahoma. The way she turned Oklahoma around and fired up a stalled slugglish state economy is remarkable! Her pro-business and pro-tax cut agenda is drawing in jobs.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 12:31:38 pm »

You bet, Oklahoma is one of the few states without any recession going on. Thanks to our Gov. Mary Fallin. Anyone who really wants to work can find work in Oklahoma. The Tulsa Sunday paper is full of help wanted ads. BTW Mary Fallin's rating is now 71% favorable and going up. She is one of our best and most popular governors in the state of Oklahoma. The way she turned Oklahoma around and fired up a stalled slugglish state economy is remarkable! Her pro-business and pro-tax cut agenda is drawing in jobs.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 05:31:45 pm »

Isn't that a word for word duplicate of other posts he did a year ago or more?

Sauer, fess up. Are you sleeping with her?

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 08:20:03 pm »

Isn't that a word for word duplicate of other posts he did a year ago or more?

Sauer, fess up. Are you sleeping with her?

You must reallllly hate the Gov to insult her that way.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 10:19:13 pm »

You really, truly are completely clueless, aren't you...?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 10:20:51 pm »

There were a couple events in May that are gonna keep that going for quite a while.  After the slab/debris removal is complete....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 12:49:43 am »

You must reallllly hate the Gov to insult her that way.

Let the record note. He didn't deny it!

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2013, 06:26:20 am »

Let the record note. He didn't deny it!

The library isn't open yet.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 09:13:29 am »

Instead of name calling- What exactly is incorrect about what I said? The gov.'s favorable rating is up to 71%, that's true - our state economy is booming, Oklahoma has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation and  there is no question about that. Mary Fallin is cutting taxes and bring in new jobs that's also true. In fact last year Mary Fallin brought in 500 good paying jobs to Tulsa. The Tulsa Sunday Newspaper is full of "help wanted" ads. What is incorrect about my comment? Mary Fallin  is doing everything right. Remember how it was with Brad Henry? The economy was in the tank under Henry's leadership, the state was in shambles. On the flip side look at Detroit, they just went belly up and filed for bankruptcy. Detroit was run by democrats for years and years with big unions calling the shots and this is the result- Detroit went bust.. (look at Michigan's economy) That is the result of high taxes and uncontroled state spending. Michigan's taxes are thru the roof and the economy is dead, unemployment is sky high-  Michigan is bleeding away jobs, Oklahoma is attracting jobs. Mary Fallin is doing a outstanding job as the states gov. Cutting taxes builds a strong economy, raising taxes as in Michigan builds a depression. Economy 101.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 09:21:28 am by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 09:20:47 am »

Instead of name calling- What exactly is incorrect about what I said? The gov.'s favorable rating is up to 71%, that's true - our state economy is booming, Oklahoma has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation and  there is no question about that. Mary Fallin is cutting taxes and bring in new jobs that's also true. In fact last year Mary Fallin brought in 500 good paying jobs to Tulsa. The Tulsa Sunday Newspaper is full of "help wanted" ads. What is incorrect about my comment? Mary Fallin  is doing everything right. Remember how it was with Brad Henry? The economy was in the tank under Henry's leadership, the state was in shambles. On the flip side look at Detroit, they just went belly up and filed for bankruptcy. Detroit was run by democrats for years and years with big unions calling the shots and this is the result- Detroit went bust.. (look at Michigan's economy) That is the result of high taxes and uncontroled state spending. Michigan's taxes are thru the roof and the economy is dead, unemployment is sky high-  Michigan is bleeding away jobs, Oklahoma is attracting jobs. Mary Fallin is doing a outstanding job as the states gov.

$100+ oil is the ONLY reason for the decent economy in Oklahoma. Mary Fallin has exactly nothing to do with that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org