A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:46:32 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here blizzard, blizzard, blizzard!  (Read 72173 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: February 24, 2013, 08:25:42 pm »

Are we going to have a stormgasm of blizzard coverage in the next day or so?  Personally, if we do get 6 inches of snow, I'm taking a vacation day - the proven old fart method of dealing with inclement weather and our less-than-skilled area motorists.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 08:58:12 pm »

Are we going to have a stormgasm of blizzard coverage in the next day or so?  Personally, if we do get 6 inches of snow, I'm taking a vacation day - the proven old fart method of dealing with inclement weather and our less-than-skilled area motorists.
Sounds like a good plan to me.  I may duplicate it.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 09:37:15 pm »

I don't have to; I can work from home.   Grin

Personally.  I don't think it will be blizzard conditions here.  Maybe about four inches of snow.  Tough to say for sure.  It's always tough, forecasting frozen precip.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 10:32:02 pm »

The snowfall gradient is so tight that the northernmost part of Tulsa County could have 5 inches of snow while the southernmost get a dusting to 2 inches. Or, the storm could slightly change track and give Tulsa 6-12 inches plus. I see that as highly unlikely, but it would only take a slightly different track of the low.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 10:32:43 pm »

Don't go run to the grocery store. I don't expect Tulsa to get any crippling snow. Sadly, I believe there will be school Tuesday.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 10:35:28 am »

Don't go run to the grocery store. I don't expect Tulsa to get any crippling snow. Sadly, I believe there will be school Tuesday.

Bit late for that.  The Reasor's by our house had 8 or 9 lanes running yesterday afternoon.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 02:08:26 pm »

Apparently we are under a state of emergency now.
http://www.newson6.com/story/21344421/state-of-emergency-includes-tulsa-county-and-much-of-ne-oklahoma?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 02:34:20 pm »

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 03:24:14 pm »

Totals bumped on KTUL:

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 03:30:57 pm »

Great Scott!!! Someone call out Sergeant York!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 03:44:44 pm »

On their way to stormageddon:

Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 04:01:41 pm »

I guess I better hurry home so I can watch the cute female reporters in all their snow gear.

C'mon Sara Goldenberg and Lacie Lowry!! Show me your boots!!

Hey it's only fair...if the wife gets to watch the Oscars and drool over some greasy haired what's his name then I can watch the cute female reporters!!!!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 04:02:28 pm »

On their way to stormageddon:

Dude driving looks scaringly like Philip Seymour Hoffman from "Twister"...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 04:23:16 pm »

Dude driving looks scaringly like Philip Seymour Hoffman from "Twister"...

I figured it was some sort of stereotype.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 02:29:59 pm »

As my sister appropriately put it.

SnowFAIL™

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org